Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Adrien Silva

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

He was playing in a preseason game against Cambridge. His previous form in the Premiership would suggest that this water carrier is physically weak, slow in thought and leaky.

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whether he ever had real 'class' is perhaps debateable. He was undoubtedly a good player but in a poor league. He was a fairly unremarkable player really in his national side. However, what ever class there had been was some considerable time ago now and it certainly didn't transfer here in the Premiership, he was like a fish out of water. Very sad really for him as well because I don't doubt he has a good attitude. He's now 30. Realistically he is never going to get the time to 'acclimatise' because there's a lot better choice of players before him who's careers won't be stalled or potential points lost on the off chance he'll come good. Perhaps he's just being played to keep him fit for the shop window.

5 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Firstly, he didn't win a European Championship,  he was part of a team, a team with a certain player called Ronaldo. I somehow feel Silva played a more minor role with better players around him. 

Strange how you feel he's Premiership quality yet no other Premiership teams, including the newly promoted one's seem to be gagging to buy him?

It’s the fvcking Premier League

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Interesting reading this as it seems Rodgers could be willing to give Silva a fresh start.

Interesting parrallels (although different types of player) with Stuart Armstrong when Rodgers first arrived at Celtic.  Armstrong had a great first six months with us followed by a terrible 2.5 years thereafter until Rodgers arrived.  He was one of the ones expected to and most fans would have been happy if he had been shown the door but instead he was revitalised under Rodgers and was one of our best players in the invincible season where he scored a lot of goals from midfield.  Wonder if Silva will experience a similar revival.

If Rodgers gives Silva another chance and at the same time bins Mendy off, we may as well pack it all in right now.

This guy needs urgently packing off to China or Saudi or Celtic or anywhere except LCFC premises.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think he suited what Claude was trying to do well enough, but the decision to use him or not was taken out of his hands.

We don't really know who is and who isn't interested in buying Silva, and we don't know what valuation Leicester is putting on him.  Obviously his age and the fact that we've buried him for 2 years doesn't do anything for his value.

Hang on. Claude rated Matty James above Silva.

One if the reasons I liked Claude was he at least recognised instantly Silva was absolutely fackin useless.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

If Rodgers gives Silva another chance and at the same time bins Mendy off, we may as well pack it all in right now.

This guy needs urgently packing off to China or Saudi or Celtic or anywhere except LCFC premises.

Now you're just being silly!... 

Celtic couldn't afford him!.. He'd be their all time record signing. 

Just now, PaulW said:

The Silva deal was worth every penny.......simply for seeing him wear the number 14 shirt after the registration fiasco.  That was a world class pi55 take.

That was some f***ing HARSH initiation,,,,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m wondering whether Rodgers could get Silva playing a tune again? No euphemism intended.

I personally think he’s a much better footballer than Mendy IF he plays and gets his confidence back up. 

As far as I know they do not play in the same position, or am I wrong?

12 hours ago, PaulW said:

Shine?

12 hours ago, SO1 said:

?

11 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

He’s pulled?! 

:getmecoat: = GET YOUR COAT

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Firstly, he didn't win a European Championship,  he was part of a team, a team with a certain player called Ronaldo. I somehow feel Silva played a more minor role with better players around him. 

Strange how you feel he's Premiership quality yet no other Premiership teams, including the newly promoted one's seem to be gagging to buy him?

You could say that about most players.

We haven’t a clue what goes on behind the scenes.

Perhaps his stint in Monaco did him the world of good.Time will tell.

one thing is,you back your players when they are on the pitch.

Slagging any player off in a Leicester shirt whilst they are playing is hardly going to help them or the team,quite the opposite.

( not aimed at you btw.Just in general)

Silva is a good player and always has been.

The difference is, he struggled more to adapt to our previous style and the Premier League in general.....

However, people can adjust over time. Rodgers may be able to get the best out of him which really would be like a new signing again or he may just never suit Leicester City.

Time will tell I guess.....

Just now, HoustonFox said:

Yeah, that’s why I said he’d pulled. “Get your coat love, you’ve pulled” is a classic...

:whistle:

More like get your coat, GTFO, don't let the door hit you on the wat out, etc, etc

(poor bugger - been a total shambles for him :nono:)

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Don't know if you watched the European Championship finals but Ronaldo didn't do sod all in the final game apart from be a cheerleader from the sidelines due to a knee injury and the rest of the Portugal team stepped up. So as much as you "feel" that his involvement was negligible because he had Ronaldo to grab the glory, it was a team effort without Ronaldo. 

Edited by LC/FC

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

That comment is so asinine and absurd on so many levels that I hardly know where to start. So I’ll let the idiocy speak for itself.

Literally the perfect comment on 99.9% of FT posts. 

You have a keen eye sir and a clear grasp of English. Begone. You do not belong in such a bastion of Neanderthals. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, LC/FC said:

Silva looked good yesterday for a short 30 minute cameo in his first preseason game. Kept the ball well. Linked up nicely, filled in the CB or FB positions when they bombed forward. 

It seems like people here don't get the water carrier role of keeping possession and making things tick over so others can get into their required position to attack again. Some of the diagonal balls that both him and Mendy played caught Cambridge on the back foot a few times. We play possession football now, not counter attacking, and having players of Mendy and Silva's skillset is vital to that way of play. 

Exactly, the modern internet Youtube highlights stat monkey football fan wants every player to be eye-catching/'dynamic' which is a new buzz word and if not they're 'shit' football doesn't work that way, for a system to work effectively you need players to fit their role in it that maybe don't have the skills to play in other positions, give me our current team over a team of Messis in every position all day.

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Exactly, the modern internet Youtube highlights stat monkey football fan wants every player to be eye-catching/'dynamic' which is a new buzz word and if not they're 'shit' football doesn't work that way, for a system to work effectively you need players to fit their role in it that maybe don't have the skills to play in other positions, give me our current team over a team of Messis in every position all day.

Couldn't agree more. Every team has to have one or two players who are good at the basic stuff and happiest when "digging in" and are prepared to do the unglamorous stuff, holding position, recycling and playing simple balls to the playmakers at the right times etc etc.  There are 11 players on the pitch and, in the modern game you need the grinders as much as the flair players.  All the best teams have those who often do not catch the eye yet are first on the team sheet and quietly go about their business. Players like Kante, Gareth Barry and Milner for example, (Neil Lennon in his LCFC heyday).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Couldn't agree more. Every team has to have one or two players who are good at the basic stuff and happiest when "digging in" and are prepared to do the unglamorous stuff, holding position, recycling and playing simple balls to the playmakers at the right times etc etc.  There are 11 players on the pitch and, in the modern game you need the grinders as much as the flair players.  All the best teams have those who often do not catch the eye yet are first on the team sheet and quietly go about their business. Players like Kante, Gareth Barry and Milner for example, (Neil Lennon in his LCFC heyday).

Lennon's a great example

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I’m wondering whether Rodgers could get Silva playing a tune again? No euphemism intended.

I personally think he’s a much better footballer than Mendy IF he plays and gets his confidence back up. 

I've spent the last two hours trying to figure out what that potential euphemism could be. Someone help me out here.