Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Adrien Silva

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

Don't know if you watched the European Championship finals but Ronaldo didn't do sod all in the final game apart from be a cheerleader from the sidelines due to a knee injury and the rest of the Portugal team stepped up. So as much as you "feel" that his involvement was negligible because he had Ronaldo to grab the glory, it was a team effort without Ronaldo. 

Yes saw and realise that but they had to get there. Though personally I have to say that I felt that the Championships in general were overhyped, a bit of a flop and not of good quality. 

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes saw and realise that but they had to get there. Though personally I have to say that I felt that the Championships in general were overhyped, a bit of a flop and not of good quality. 

They had to get there yes, but the hard work of winning the final to be champions took a team effort and not on the shoulders of 1 superstar. Argentina have that problem with Messi. 

And as bad as Euro 2016 was... Nothing compared to the shithouse win of Greece in 2004. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Claridge said:

Rodgers hardly put him in the match day squad, never mind the team.FT follower me thinks

Every word. The McGuire chronicles especially.

15 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

They had to get there yes, but the hard work of winning the final to be champions took a team effort and not on the shoulders of 1 superstar. Argentina have that problem with Messi. 

And as bad as Euro 2016 was... Nothing compared to the shithouse win of Greece in 2004. 

Oh God yes, remember that. It was good to see Theo though ?

Distinct lack of interest for Silva, you'd think his agent would be very vocal in the press if there were. I thought Bordeaux would have come in for him but no doubt it'll be some Turkish club or Sporting who want us to cover 75% of his wages.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Oh God yes, remember that. It was good to see Theo though ?

Yeah, as soon as England went out to winker Ronaldo and Portugal, I too went and supported Greece because of Theo... 

And they won it! That was a nice small revenge. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Distinct lack of interest for Silva, you'd think his agent would be very vocal in the press if there were. I thought Bordeaux would have come in for him but no doubt it'll be some Turkish club or Sporting who want us to cover 75% of his wages.

It's an odd one. All assumed he'd be going to France this summer, maybe as part of the Youri deal. Unless BR has seen something in him and wants to try him out?

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

It's an odd one. All assumed he'd be going to France this summer, maybe as part of the Youri deal. Unless BR has seen something in him and wants to try him out?

If so, not so sure why he's gone on record saying he wants another attacking midfielder. Silva is neither a DM or an AM but can't see how he'd have any role here if we signed one more and that's even if we flog Mendy as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If so, not so sure why he's gone on record saying he wants another attacking midfielder. Silva is neither a DM or an AM but can't see how he'd have any role here if we signed one more and that's even if we flog Mendy as well.

That's true as well; coukd be part of a huge game. But god knows. Hopefully whatever happens, Silva gets played either here or at a different club 

On 25/07/2019 at 07:10, Paninistickers said:

If Rodgers gives Silva another chance and at the same time bins Mendy off, we may as well pack it all in right now.

This guy needs urgently packing off to China or Saudi or Celtic or anywhere except LCFC premises.

Not really as simple as just packing him off somewhere though is it given Leicester are probably paying him a weekly wage not many other teams could get close to.

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Not in either of the match day squads for tomorrow 

Rotheram United

Daniel Amartey
Harvey Barnes
Christian Fuchs
Rachid Ghezzal
Demarai Gray
Kelechi Iheanacho
Eldin Jakupović
James Justin
Andy King