Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Adrien Silva

He performed well there and seemed happy, so all in all a decent result for Silva.  Hopefully this one results in a permanent sale.  He's a good footballer as he proved after he went to Monaco, and a good bloke as well.  Deserves a better hand than he's been dealt.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Gerard said:

I'd take the loan too rather him being here well down the pecking order picking up a wage and not offering much. I don't mind selling for a loss as that's the game, some you win like Maguire and some you lose. 

It's annoying that we have the same deadwood year in year out and we just have to wait for their contracts to expire to get rid of them. Slimani, Silva, King, James and no doubt Ghezzal in the coming years.

It's why I was pissed off with the Ghezzal signing before he even came here, I never understood why we just couldn't loan him with a set fee option to buy. Monaco had no other suitors for him and wanted rid of him. It should have been an easy loan just like Monaco loaning Slimani is an easy loan. 

It just goes to show how important recruitment is and you get punished twice for buying poor players. Not only are you stung on the fee you struggle to sell them on for a loss. The problem is with clubs like ours and the wages we play then you can't move a player downwards. Lesser clubs than ours just can't afford them so we should put more money into recruitment just to get it right. 

ghezzal deal was clearly some agent shit

10 hours ago, Gerard said:

Monaco probably take us for mugs.

They make a big profit on Tielemans after being a bit of a flop there.

They get Ghezzal on a free, he totally bombs and we pay £12m for him when there are zero other suitors.

They get Silva on loan and he performs like a star. Instead of buying him they just loan him again.

They also loan our £30m striker. 

I'm not complaining about buying Tielemans or loaning Slimani but just like Sporting it's a one way street. 

Yes but you forget that the two players we have sent to them are absolute shit and Youri is probably our best player. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yes but you forget that the two players we have sent to them are absolute shit and Youri is probably our best player. 

Silva was often reckoned their best player by their fans over the last 10 games of the season.

Silva is to us what Tielemans was to Monaco. Both clearly have quality but couldnt find that form for their parent club.

Silva was clearly a panic buy at the time. We only signed him as a 'quick' replacement for DD, which didnt materialise in time and as a result Silva lost 6 months of competitive football. When he did get in he didnt hit the ground running which is needed in the PL but seemed to refind his form in Ligue 1. He came, he didnt conquer and he moves on. Wish him the best

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

In context of the Premier League, yes. Stand out candidate for LCFC's worst ever signing imo. :) 

Err.....Matt Mills, Trevor Benjamin,  Denis Wise etc etc.  Plenty of better qualified candidates for that title.

49 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Err.....Matt Mills, Trevor Benjamin,  Denis Wise etc etc.  Plenty of better qualified candidates for that title.

Not for the amount of money we paid there aren't. 

I'd rather sign a flop like Matt Mills for 5 million than a flop like Silva for 5x the amount. Pound for pound he's easily the worst. 

43 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'd rather sign a flop like Matt Mills for 5 million than a flop like Silva for 5x the amount. Pound for pound he's easily the worst. 

FV :thumbup:

Edited by Steven

17 hours ago, Gerard said:

Monaco probably take us for mugs.

They make a big profit on Tielemans after being a bit of a flop there.

They get Ghezzal on a free, he totally bombs and we pay £12m for him when there are zero other suitors.

They get Silva on loan and he performs like a star. Instead of buying him they just loan him again.

They also loan our £30m striker. 

I'm not complaining about buying Tielemans or loaning Slimani but just like Sporting it's a one way street. 

I can't argue with much of that, but I still think that Tielemans was a steal at £35m or £40m, whichever reported fee is correct.  It's a coup for us.

As for Slim and Silva, the trouble is that no one else wants them, probably down to wages and the fact that they are both in their thirties.  A loan is the best we can do.

Does anybody know the terms regarding fees and % wages we have to pay?

I'd take the loan too rather him being here well down the pecking order picking up a wage and not offering much. I don't mind selling for a loss as that's the game, some you win like Maguire and some you lose. 

It's annoying that we have the same deadwood year in year out and we just have to wait for their contracts to expire to get rid of them. Slimani, Silva, King, James and no doubt Ghezzal in the coming years.

This will be unpopular (again) but Perez will be the next one.

It's why I was pissed off with the Ghezzal signing before he even came here, I never understood why we just couldn't loan him with a set fee option to buy. Monaco had no other suitors for him and wanted rid of him. It should have been an easy loan just like Monaco loaning Slimani is an easy loan. 

It just goes to show how important recruitment is and you get punished twice for buying poor players. Not only are you stung on the fee you struggle to sell them on for a loss. The problem is with clubs like ours and the wages we play then you can't move a player downwards. Lesser clubs than ours just can't afford them so we should put more money into recruitment just to get it right. 

Punished more than twice I'd say as you also leave the team without the improvements that you need and then you have to shell out again and buy twice to hopefully get it right at the next opportunity.

Edit - I'm in a bad mood because of the cricket.  :angry:

Edited by murphy

7 minutes ago, murphy said:

This will be unpopular (again) but Perez will be the next one.

Punished more than twice I'd say as you also leave the team without the improvements that you need and then you have to shell out again and buy twice to hopefully get it right at the next opportunity.

Edit - I'm in a bad mood because of the cricket.  :angry:

I'm very happy with the Tielemans and justin signings. Tielemans is proven in our side and should be a good example of buy proven quality and you buy once. Justin is another I'm happy with as he's young and even if he fails you can still sell him. My mate seen him at the Rotherham friendly and said he was the best player on the pitch. Praet also seems like a good signing as he improves the squad in a position we had two excellent No8's but a huge drop off in personnel to replace them.

I was a bit meh about the Perez signing and still am but he has got goals in this league so the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. Ideally I'd have liked us to persist with the 4-1-4-1 formation and the first choice wide forwards/wingers being Harvey Barnes and the best wide forward/winger we could get. That wouldn't have been Perez for me as he's not dynamic enough nor can he take a game by the scruff of the neck. He might be one of those players who looks like he doesn't do much but by the end of the season he has 10 goals and 6 assists. 

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'd say Mills was worse, partially due to the league we were in and the state of the transfer market at the time, but also because when Nige came in we literally couldn't play him without having to pay out more to Reading and he wasn't deemed worth it.

34 minutes ago, cal21212121 said:

I'd say Mills was worse, partially due to the league we were in and the state of the transfer market at the time, but also because when Nige came in we literally couldn't play him without having to pay out more to Reading and he wasn't deemed worth it.

Is that right? Not saying it's not true, but I'm pretty sure NP froze him out as he had too much influence over the squad, and was disruptive. Made him train with the kids, I think. I don't think he would have played again even if we didn't owe Reading a fee for an apps clause.

Bolton took most of our bomb squad off us, didn't they?

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Is that right? Not saying it's not true, but I'm pretty sure NP froze him out as he had too much influence over the squad, and was disruptive. Made him train with the kids, I think. I don't think he would have played again even if we didn't owe Reading a fee for an apps clause.

Bolton took most of our bomb squad off us, didn't they?

Didn't they take both Beckford and Danns as well?