Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Adrien Silva

28 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I know we always get the ‘you wouldn’t take a pay cut in your job’ argument but I would if it made me happier!

Surely they’d be willing to take a step back, just to get playing again... it’s not like they’re going to be on pennies. If anything they’d be going back to the fantastic footballers wage they were on before they signed for us. I genuinely think if agents weren’t involved in football we would see far less of this type of thing. 

Both of these guys are determined footballers, I have no doubt about that. They both must realise they’ve not proved themselves here. So you’d think their logic would be that they do have to drop down in wage, do well at that club and you’ll have a longer career. 

I did a couple of times,also dropped from  Management jobs,to Keep to technical-support -trouble shooting.......

i can’t help but feel sorry for Silva. the farce that started his ‘career’ here can’t have done anything but set him back physically and mentally. Coupled with our Opra Winfrey approach to handing out astronomical wages means no one seems to want to pay what we want from them. He doesn’t want to take a drop in wages. can’t blame him... who does?

Saying we have ruined his career is a little too strong. i’m sure Lemony Snicket would call it a series of unfortunate events.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, MPH said:

i can’t help but feel sorry for Silva. the farce that started his ‘career’ here can’t have done anything but set him back physically and mentally. Coupled with our Opra Winfrey approach to handing out astronomical wages means no one seems to want to pay what we want from them. He doesn’t want to take a drop in wages. can’t blame him... who does?

Saying we have ruined his career is a little too strong. i’m sure Lemony Snicket would call it a series of unfortunate events.

you see.. We can agree..!!

I posted about slim and it is is the same for silva... and even kingy

The way out is to offer to pay up half their remaining contract if they take  a move to a club who offer them half their wages.  That way we get a transfer fee.

Otherwise we loan them out.. we still pay half their wages... and they go on a free when the contract is up

simples

Another fcuking loan.

Wouldn't it be nice just to be able to sell our deadwood? Lets hope Silva and Slimani perform well so we can loan them out next season as well.

Pity we never loaned Ghezzal which i'm sure we could have done easily as it wasn't like they were fighting off suitors for him. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

Monaco probably take us for mugs.

They make a big profit on Tielemans after being a bit of a flop there.

They get Ghezzal on a free, he totally bombs and we pay £12m for him when there are zero other suitors.

They get Silva on loan and he performs like a star. Instead of buying him they just loan him again.

They also loan our £30m striker. 

I'm not complaining about buying Tielemans or loaning Slimani but just like Sporting it's a one way street. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Another fcuking loan.

Wouldn't it be nice just to be able to sell our deadwood? Lets hope Silva and Slimani perform well so we can loan them out next season as well.

Pity we never loaned Ghezzal which i'm sure we could have done easily as it wasn't like they were fighting off suitors for him. 

It would be nice, but probably not realistic due to wages and clubs knowing we're desperate to get rid.

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Another fcuking loan.

I think this is a perfect example of 'nice to have' vs actual options available. I'll take the loan over the alternative of nothing, but yeah hopefully this helps land them a permanent place. 

All told I truly do feel bad for Silva - there's no telling how much that 14 second delay fcked things up for him and he's been a solid pro through all his ups downs and downs. 

10 minutes ago, knitro said:

I think this is a perfect example of 'nice to have' vs actual options available. I'll take the loan over the alternative of nothing, but yeah hopefully this helps land them a permanent place. 

All told I truly do feel bad for Silva - there's no telling how much that 14 second delay fcked things up for him and he's been a solid pro through all his ups downs and downs. 

I'd take the loan too rather him being here well down the pecking order picking up a wage and not offering much. I don't mind selling for a loss as that's the game, some you win like Maguire and some you lose. 

It's annoying that we have the same deadwood year in year out and we just have to wait for their contracts to expire to get rid of them. Slimani, Silva, King, James and no doubt Ghezzal in the coming years.

It's why I was pissed off with the Ghezzal signing before he even came here, I never understood why we just couldn't loan him with a set fee option to buy. Monaco had no other suitors for him and wanted rid of him. It should have been an easy loan just like Monaco loaning Slimani is an easy loan. 

It just goes to show how important recruitment is and you get punished twice for buying poor players. Not only are you stung on the fee you struggle to sell them on for a loss. The problem is with clubs like ours and the wages we play then you can't move a player downwards. Lesser clubs than ours just can't afford them so we should put more money into recruitment just to get it right. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1