Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

I think this is where I’m settling, for the moment:

Will likely end up using my wildcard sometime around GW4 in order to rebalance and retool once we’ve seen some early trends play out and Leicester are through some of the worst of their schedule.

Bench is horribly weak (will swap out for whoever is actually starting come GW1 or whenever there is clarity) but with the plan to use the wildcard early I don’t see it as being much of an issue.

Edit: Mane. I see the issue now. Swapped Maddison for Perez; Salah for Mane; Lloris for Leno. 

Will have to use my transfer GW1 for another goalie - probably Fabianski.

C6F15C4A-DC6E-420E-89C4-FFABF44EF7AB.png

Edited by UPinCarolina

23 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

What we saying? (Diop would ordinarily be in over Kelly but has Man City first game...)

2EBDDD41-D691-4C2B-ADAF-A244C63345F0.png

I’m all on board with your strategy of maximizing on pitch players - though the concern that was just raised about Mane’s likely absence against Norwich makes me think that you may want to just use your wildcard early and plan for the first 5-7 weeks accordingly.

Can't screenshot atm but my current team is:

Allison

VVD / TAA / Laporte / Digne / Duffy

KdB / Perez / Sigurdson

Aguero / Vardy

(Button / Dendoncker / Kante / Greenwood on the bench)

I've always had a habit of trying to be too balanced and have bench players who can score points if needed, but trying a slightly different approach this time - Kanté and Dendoncker should be guaranteed 2-pointers at least, which is more than enough for the odd appearance and gives me more funds to strengthen the main squad. So many times last season I ended up with double-figure scores on the bench (except when I used my bench boost, of course)

There's definitely things I'd consider changing about that lineup, but I'm pretty content with it for the time being.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

After today, I feel like Zinchenko (I don’t recall spelling ??‍♂️) / Tielemans / Vardy are all must owns. 

46207CA2-723D-4DA5-836E-7558DB83D091.png

Leno is a brave choice considering how shit Arsenal's defence is. Unless you're going for save points? 

I've gone for a more balanced overall team than usual, stronger defence and no premium striker. Looking to wildcard GW8. The only worry is Pope though rumblings are he'll be first choice. Will monitor......

IMG_9260.PNG

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Auba might be a better choice early season anyways.

I've gone for a heavier midfield and defence to begin with this year.  We'll see, whatever I choose I always wish I had gone the opposite.  I love and hate FPL so much.  X

6 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I hate FPL.  Thought I was completely settled on my team now want to change the whole thing again.  I cannae stop tinkerng like an absolute mungbean.  Somebody kill me.  X

Said every one who ever signed up to it lol

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

What’s going on with Zinchenko as a defender for 5.5?

Isnt he a midfielder and how likely is he to play?

Mendy isn't particularly trusted by Pep and their other option at LB is Angelino who's supposedly looked poor in preseason, so Zinchenko is looking pretty secure (although its Man city, so anything could happen).

Man City ended the season with a nice string of 10 clean sheets in 13 games. Zinchenko came into the squad at the start of that run keeping 9/11 clean sheets, which is pretty promising. This reddit post makes for nice reading if you're considering him.

He's a cheap way into the Man City defense and he gets forwards a fair bit to help with the attack as well (and it's Man City, so assist potential is high). He's in my squad for the time being, keeping an eye on pre-season though. If you go for him make sure your first bench player will play.

He was overlooked initially but starting to become a lot more popular now. Will be interesting to see how it pans out...

• Like 2

I keep tweaking.  I currently have two options.  I feel the first is slightly more well rounded but the second has Vardy in it and I cannot help but want him in my team.

Two options....

Pope

Robertson VVD Digne Zinchenko

Siggy Sterling Perez Salah

Wilson Deulofeu

OR

Pope

Robertson VVD Coleman Zinchenko

Siggy KdB Perez Salah

Wilson Vardy

Thoughts?

X

32 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I keep tweaking.  I currently have two options.  I feel the first is slightly more well rounded but the second has Vardy in it and I cannot help but want him in my team.

Two options....

Pope

Wilson Deulofeu

OR

Pope

Siggy KdB Perez Salah

Wilson Vardy

Thoughts?

X

I've gone with Vardy+Kdb, so I'd pick the second, personally.

Coleman/Digne is a tough one. Everton have good fixtures but will be missing Zouma and possibly Gueye as well, so they might not be as solid as you'd expect, which is making me think twice about picking them (although Coleman is still in my squad). There's a good discussion on this exact choice on the Fantasy Football Scout podcast which gives some food for thought on the matter if you want some underlying stats on the two.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2019 at 16:05, RumbleFox said:

Two options....

Pope

Wilson Deulofeu

OR

Pope

Siggy KdB Perez Salah

Wilson Vardy

Thoughts?

X

I’ve been going back and forth about strikers myself, as well as midfield. I’ve kind of settled on using a WC around week 5/6/7 once roles become a little more clear. 

With that in mind, I prefer your second option. It’s got the here-and-now in mind. Early season you ought to be making 2 transfers a week anyways, trying to build up some value before you WC. 

Been trying to decide what’s worth more in the early going - having a big time striker, like Kane or Auba - or having someone like Salah in MF and going 4 at the back. Can’t crack that one. 

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 1