Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

Given that Arsenal have actually decided to upgrade, I'm not sure my wife is deciding that giving it a miss this year was the right decision, but oh well.  I managed to convince my friend in Leicester to give it a go instead, so at least I have someone to try and beat this season...  (Hopefully it'll be better than last time.)

Of course, Alisson had to get injured since I picked him, but still...  Dammit.

Edited by PhillippaT

14 hours ago, StanSP said:

I changed my team for the 50th time earlier today and finally settled. 

Screenshot_20190809-162537.thumb.png.acbb340e5b2d25edcae8182600429019.png

Dunno if this ended up being your final team mate, but I’d settle for just one of those two keepers and free up some money to strengthen elsewhere. But who knows, you might be onto something 😎

Happy with that - 37 from 3 - although it seems like all the people I'm specifically looking to beat this year did exactly the same thing lol. Would've been 50+ already if it wasn't for Pukki's goal, annoyingly. Might have to keep an eye on him as an option when I WC, possibly GW8.

Managed to avoid the Alisson injury and went with Ederson instead, so hopeful that be gets a return and maybe a price rise or two (although he's set and forget, so that doesn't really make a lot of difference...)

Thank fvck the PL is back :D

1 hour ago, VinceNoir said:

Dunno if this ended up being your final team mate, but I’d settle for just one of those two keepers and free up some money to strengthen elsewhere. But who knows, you might be onto something 😎

Nah had another change of heart (shock) and reverted to Schmeichel/Ryan as choices to free up money elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Anybody else taken a look at point scored through the upgraded app and noticed the player points are not present underneath each player - just the total score at the top?

Thats really poor?

Yeah, there's all sorts of display glitches atm. Its also saying everyone's team value is 100+(whatever they have in the bank), so people supposedly have values of 100.5, 101 etc, despite no price changes happening yet. If a player is flagged that wasn't displaying on pitch view either.

The official app has been shocking for ages though. There were alternative apps available last year, might be worth seeing if they're back up and running.

Edited by Xen

17 minutes ago, Xen said:

Yeah, there's all sorts of display glitches atm. Its also saying everyone's team value is 100+(whatever they have in the bank), so people supposedly have values of 100.5, 101 etc, despite no price changes happening yet. If a player is flagged that wasn't displaying on pitch view either.

The official app has been shocking for ages though. There were alternative apps available last year, might be worth seeing if they're back up and running.

I gave up with the app a few years ago. Found it far too glitchy and sounds like it's still problematic. 

16 hours ago, The Bear said:

Heads up that Cancelo is the same price as Zinchenko, and he's much more attacking. 

He's got Walker to contend with. For right now Zinchenko is a better pick.

Wouldn't say he's much more attacking though. Cancelo is actually a defender.

9 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Well, I've really learned my lesson now, haven't I?  I lost last season to the wife because of Sterling...  Did I pick him this season? Nope. *Headdesk*  I really do suck at this afterall... :(

Tbf I went Salah this week because there were at home to Norwich. Seemed sensible.

On 08/08/2019 at 12:38, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Their other keepers are 39 year old Boruc and two twenty year olds that have a combined 2 appearances. More chance of Bournemouth keeping Sheffield United out than Man U stopping Chelsea scoring I think.

Begovic not even in the squad today.

14 hours ago, AKCJ said:

He's got Walker to contend with. For right now Zinchenko is a better pick.

Wouldn't say he's much more attacking though. Cancelo is actually a defender.

Cancelo is a very attacking full-back. I know because Wolves tried to buy him last summer when he chose Juventus. He bombs forwards and runs at players constantly. 

So I don’t have Kane, Salah or Sterling so this gameweek I’m pretty shafted unless Vardy (Captain), Perez, Tielemans, Jiminez and Wan Bissaka between them can get the 50 points I’m behind already!

Edited by Nick

7 hours ago, The Bear said:

Cancelo is a very attacking full-back. I know because Wolves tried to buy him last summer when he chose Juventus. He bombs forwards and runs at players constantly. 

Yeah I know, my point is that Cancelo is actually a fullback. Zinchenko's real position is attacking midfield.

No Sterling or Kane when they both returned decent hauls, and it seems like everyone and their dog has at least one of those alongside Salah. Dropped back a fair bit already. Still got Vardy as a differential to hopefully recoup some of that, along with Perez and Barkley who probably won't return anything. 

Not quite as good a start as it seemed on Friday, but still fairly happy...

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah I know, my point is that Cancelo is actually a fullback. Zinchenko's real position is attacking midfield.

Ah ok. Yes that's where Zinchenko played in Russia when he went out on loan and did well. But he ain't getting an AM role in that City team! He doesn't really bomb forwards constantly for City though, he keeps his positioning well. Obviously under strict orders from Pep.