Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

Decided to go light at the back and heavy in the MF with Kane/Vardy up front. For sure planning on using my wildcard early - around GW 4 or 5. There’s enough uncertainty surround the roles of some players at striker and MF that I’d otherwise love to have that I don’t think it’s unreasonable to not have some top class players on D to start with, as long as you plan on grabbing them with the WC.

Edited by UPinCarolina

14 hours ago, Maybes said:

Thoughts?

7739DA28-BB3E-42E8-8D73-BBA9EFEA03C7.png

I would go with Zinchenko over Walker and use the savings to upgrade from King upfront and go to 5 in the MF - you could get somebody like Maddison or Zaha, for example.

Aside from that, it’s a nice looking bunch. If you don’t want to go to 5 in midfield, consider going 5 at the back.

Edited by UPinCarolina

52 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I would go with Zinchenko over Walker and use the savings to upgrade from King upfront and go to 5 in the MF - you could get somebody like Maddison or Zaha, for example.

Aside from that, it’s a nice looking bunch. If you don’t want to go to 5 in midfield, consider going 5 at the back.

Cheers. I’ve always been a staunch 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 fpl player. In recent years it’s hurt me. 

Dropping to just two up front was a big step but yeah you’re  right right I could get a £7m midfielder and dump king.

I do like him for the fact he’s on penalties and with VAR and Bournemouth’s  favourable opening fixtures I’m finding  it hard to remove him ?

1 hour ago, Maybes said:

Cheers. I’ve always been a staunch 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 fpl player. In recent years it’s hurt me. 

Dropping to just two up front was a big step but yeah you’re  right right I could get a £7m midfielder and dump king.

I do like him for the fact he’s on penalties and with VAR and Bournemouth’s  favourable opening fixtures I’m finding  it hard to remove him ?

With Brooks picking up a knock, I'm wondering if that means that somebody like Sturridge might pick up some game time and King or Wilson will be asked to play a slightly different role. Something to monitor. Either way, I would think that wouldn't hurt but rather help King's point production.

4 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

With Brooks picking up a knock, I'm wondering if that means that somebody like Sturridge might pick up some game time and King or Wilson will be asked to play a slightly different role. Something to monitor. Either way, I would think that wouldn't hurt but rather help King's point production.

Sturridge isn't a Bournemouth player. Do you mean Surridge? 

21 hours ago, The Bear said:

I'd recommend Boly over Coady (same price). Coady never, ever scores, whereas Boly is always a threat at set-pieces. He got 4 goals last season. 

I'll be doing a work draft soon. Any generally overlooked Wolves players you'd recommend for that? 

2 hours ago, brucey said:

I'll be doing a work draft soon. Any generally overlooked Wolves players you'd recommend for that? 

Not really. Most are pretty well known about now. None of our midfielders will be big scorers fantasy wise.

We'll always do well in defence and the strike pairing will score well. I do think that Jota is the striker to have this season put of the two though. He's been brilliant ever since he moved up top with Jimenez. Cutrone will likely start as a bench player but one to keep an eye on. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Not really. Most are pretty well known about now. None of our midfielders will be big scorers fantasy wise.

We'll always do well in defence and the strike pairing will score well. I do think that Jota is the striker to have this season put of the two though. He's been brilliant ever since he moved up top with Jimenez. Cutrone will likely start as a bench player but one to keep an eye on. 

I joined a public draft yesterday and players like Jota, Doherty, Patricio and Boly weren't snapped up until latter rounds. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Stephen Hughes said:

Do you pick a steady bench? Or go for cheapest possible? First time doing the official one so unsure how subs work.

I choose steady.

A lot go for cheap as possible to enable spending on a first XI that's gonna play regularly. 

Your third bench player will basically never get on, so may as well minimise the value spent there. The other two depends - if you're going for a rotating strategy with defenders then it might pay to spend a bit more to get a decent player as backup, otherwise you just want players who guarantee minutes as 2pts off the bench is actually a solid return.

I've got Greenwood and Dendoncker - the latter is almost guaranteed 2ppg and Greenwood might see the odd return.

Later in the season strategy might change as teams miss game weeks or have doubles, and having enough players playing is sometimes trickier.