Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

On 31/07/2019 at 10:29, Facecloth said:

Already made big changes. Weakened the bench to shoehorn some extra firepower.

Screenshot_20190731-102817.jpg

Keep looking at my defense and thinking it's a bit liverpool heavy. But then that's probably not a bad idea against Norwich.

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Fvck knows what I'm going to do now, especially with all the deadline day transfers going on.

Current setup is:

Ederson - Solid pick but I could probably get a similar return from a £4.5m

(Button) - Bench Fodder

-----------------------------

VVD - Happy with this

TAA - Happy with this, I think

Zinchenko - Question marks over how many games he'll be first choice for...

(Fredericks) - Happy with this, slightly unt-y but they have good fixtures after GW1

(Ritchie) - Very punt-y, expensive at 5.5 but he is supposedly OOP and on penalties, and Newcastle's defense isn't actually that bad... My most 'iffy' pick

--------------------------------

Salah - Happy

KdB - Happy (although need to keep an eye on rotation)

Pérez - Umming and Ahhing about Tielemans/Maddison instead, but fairly content

Barkley - Bit of a punt, but he's a cheap enabler and should do reasonably well

(Dendoncker) - Obvious bench pick

---------------------------------

Vardy - Happy

Wilson - Keeping for 2 weeks then swapping for Haller when the fixtures turn

Greenwood - Starting him GW1 with the expectation that he gets benched for Dendoncker. From GW2 he'll be first-bench player and I'll just ride the wave and see how he does. Tempted to swap him out for a different 4.5 to try and keep value in case he drops after not starting

Why not swap Ritchie for Alderweireld, or even one of the Wolves defenders? More value there and unlikely to concede as many as Newcastle to. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why not swap Ritchie for Alderweireld, or even one of the Wolves defenders? More value there and unlikely to concede as many as Newcastle to. 

Possibly. Not really a fan of the Wolves defense, but Spurs definitely have some interesting games. Currently have 0.5 ITB so I was contemplating:

Ritchie -> Cathcart (+£1m to spend, rotates well with Fredericks)

Zinchenko -> Digne (-£0.5m)

Which would have left me £1m to spare. Looking at my spreadsheet though, Alderweireld rotates with Fredericks just as well as Cathcart would and I can afford him with that £1m difference, so I'll probably opt for that. Spurs weren't even on my radar for some reason, so thanks for the heads up! :)

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Possibly. Not really a fan of the Wolves defense, but Spurs definitely have some interesting games. Currently have 0.5 ITB so I was contemplating:

Ritchie -> Cathcart (+£1m to spend, rotates well with Fredericks)

Zinchenko -> Digne (-£0.5m)

Which would have left me £1m to spare. Looking at my spreadsheet though, Alderweireld rotates with Fredericks just as well as Cathcart would and I can afford him with that £1m difference, so I'll probably opt for that. Spurs weren't even on my radar for some reason, so thanks for the heads up! :)

No problem! I've gone for Digne as well! Think he takes many of Everton's set pieces and based on last season, attacks like Pereira does for us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No problem! I've gone for Digne as well! Think he takes many of Everton's set pieces and based on last season, attacks like Pereira does for us. 

I had Digne in my early drafts and only recently took him out, as Everton look a lot weaker defensively without Zouma and Gueye. In hindsight though, their first few fixtures are straightforward enough that they should be able to keep clean sheets regardless, and the main attraction of Digne is his attacking returns and bonus points. As long as he can do a job until GW8 or so when I'm likely to wildcard then I'm happy to bring him back in.

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Doh. 

Then swap literally anyone for Ritchie. He's shite and Newcastle will be awful under Mrs Doubtfire. 

Newcastle have signed full backs too, so he'll like lose his place or revert to midfield.

30 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Newcastle have signed full backs too, so he'll like lose his place or revert to midfield.

That's exactly the reasoning why he's a good pick.

He's been playing as a first-choice midfielder/wide forward at times, but he's listed as a defender. So any goals he gets he'll score extra points, he'll still get CSs, and he'll have high potential for BPS.

Newcastle - despite being generally awful - had a decent back line last year and have kept it mostly intact, and you could even say it's strengthened if they don't sell anyone today. I still expect them to be 15th or lower, but CSs might not be as rare as you think. Bruce is a poor manager but even he's capable of setting a team up to be defensive and boring, which is not a bad thing for Ritchie.

That said, I will be taking Ritchie out. When I put him in Arsenal didn't look nearly as threatening (poor away from home, no Pépé at the time, leaky defense), and I hadn't realised Alderweireld was the same price. I'll be keeping an eye on him for my wildcard though, as I think he might surprise a few people.

4 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Their other keepers are 39 year old Boruc and two twenty year olds that have a combined 2 appearances. More chance of Bournemouth keeping Sheffield United out than Man U stopping Chelsea scoring I think.

Even so, they were both picked over a fit Begovic last season.

If anyone fancies something else alongside FPL, take a look at Goalscorer Challenge.

Super simple premise, each gameweek pick a PL player and you score a point for each goal they get. Twist is that you can't pick a player more than once across the entire season. The season includes 51 gameweeks, with some cup weeks and some international weeks thrown in to the mix. You can do all your picks right now if you wanted to, and change them up until 15 minutes before the first match of that 'gameweek'.

11 minutes ago, Xen said:

If anyone fancies something else alongside FPL, take a look at Goalscorer Challenge.

Super simple premise, each gameweek pick a PL player and you score a point for each goal they get. Twist is that you can't pick a player more than once across the entire season. The season includes 51 gameweeks, with some cup weeks and some international weeks thrown in to the mix. You can do all your picks right now if you wanted to, and change them up until 15 minutes before the first match of that 'gameweek'.

:nigel:

Sounds interesting but involves a lot of thought 😂

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

:nigel:

Sounds interesting but involves a lot of thought 😂

Not really? I've literally just gone Salah (H v Norwich), Aubameyang (H v Burnley), Kane (H v Newcastle) for the first 3 weeks, get the big hitters out the way, then worry about some more obscure ones later haha.

Plenty of opportunities for fringe players (like Origi) in cup weeks, or lower-PL sides against League1/2 teams, and random internationals who you wouldnt otherwise pick who are playing against a minnow country.

There's enough attacking players at the big clubs that it shouldn't be difficult to come up with a pick each week, even at the end of the season :D

15 minutes ago, Xen said:

Not really? I've literally just gone Salah (H v Norwich), Aubameyang (H v Burnley), Kane (H v Newcastle) for the first 3 weeks, get the big hitters out the way, then worry about some more obscure ones later haha.

Plenty of opportunities for fringe players (like Origi) in cup weeks, or lower-PL sides against League1/2 teams, and random internationals who you wouldnt otherwise pick who are playing against a minnow country.

There's enough attacking players at the big clubs that it shouldn't be difficult to come up with a pick each week, even at the end of the season :D

Like I say, a lot of thinking 😂

47 minutes ago, Xen said:

Sounds interesting. Is it free to enter? Any prizes on offer? 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sounds interesting. Is it free to enter? Any prizes on offer? 

Free to enter, no prizes as far as I'm aware. It's a fairly small userbase and I think it's just one guy running it. My first season playing it so I'm still a little unclear myself, but my mate who introduced me to it did it last season, and also did the women's world cup version which I think he ended up winning lol