Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

• 3 weeks later...

12th, heady heights.

I wonder how many people above me have had three City players in their team at all time, like a proper City fan?

Though if you were to pick a Fantasy League top XI you could have Schmeichel, Pereira, Soyuncu, Chilwell, Tielemans, Maddison and Vardy all in there.

Had a run of making rubbish transfers, particularly in my defence. 

Luck finally changed this week as I brought in Ings and Son. 

Gone for David Martin as well as a bit of a differential, he'll be in until the new year I'd imagine. Only £4m and the same price as my other sub keeper that wasn't getting any points so no loss. 

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

People don't actually pay 4 points for transfers do they? 

I have a couple of times. I'd never done it until this season but sometimes you look at your team and their fixtures in a gameweek and it just doesn't sit right.

That's when I've made that move, which of course pays off handsomely if you get a goal, clean sheet etc from your new guys and your old guys blank. In the grand scheme of things too, if a player is starting to hit a real purple patch (i.e Vardy) best to take a hit to get him at the start/early in the run than be two weeks down the line and way behind the curve. You're just sliding in the overall rankings at that point.

Don't ignore form would be my advice and don't be scared of taking 4 point hits occasionally, it really isn't that much of a killer.

Jamie Vardy (£9.9m) has become the first player to be captained by over two million people in Fantasy Premier League this season.

The 32-year-old forward has 10 goals in his last eight matches and has not blanked since Gameweek 8.

Leicester City host bottom-of-the-table Watford on Wednesday evening and FPL managers are clearly confident of more Vardy returns.

Mane movement
Ahead of the Merseyside derby Sadio Mane (£12.2m) is the second-most popular captain pick, having been handed the armband by 656,000+ FPL managers.

Mane has blanked only once in his last four matches, and on Wednesday night Liverpool take on an Everton side who have not kept a clean sheet since Gameweek 9.

Following his brace away at Norwich City in Gameweek 14, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (£10.9m) is the third-most captained player. 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1513979

Really happy with my squad right now. Sitting on a pretty decent rank in the top 100k, got my transfers all lined up for the next 3-4 GWs, with a bit of buffer for any price rises/falls (none predicted currently) and all fixtures work out nicely. Only slight downside is I'll be stuck with Mané on the bench for his blank GW. Of course, being so happy with my team means I'm probably going to have a few torrid gameweeks and get knocked out of the cup by a dead team or something...

Just debating whether or not now is the right time to TC with Vardy against Norwich, or save it for a double gameweek. I've had terrible luck with the TC the last few seasons, so I'm tempted to just use it as its possibly the weakest chip of the three and a bad TC isn't a total disaster... Decisions, decisions...

Shoved Abraham back in as they've got Bournemouth (swap for Jiminez). I like Jiminez, good player, but every time I put him in he doesn't seem to score @The Bear.

I took Richarlidson out the Friday we were set to play Everton and he's got 3 in 3 now. Don't think he'll bag at Old Trafford though. But I dunno who to stick in midfield as I look to take Pulisic out (one hat trick and after than fvck all). Might have to be Richarlidson again.