Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

The Barkley punt hasn't quite paid out for me, and template-choice Pérez hasnt quite looked the bargain he did in pre-season, so taken them both out for Maddison/Cantwell. Gives a bit more in the bank so I can look at making other upgrades elsewhere in the next few weeks.

Going to hold the double-Liverpool defense for a bit longer, rather than knee-jerking away like a lot of people. They only conceded against S'ton because of a single lapse in concentration by Adrian, so they're still relatively solid. Arsenal is obviously a test but I'm not too worried, especially as TAA/VVD will have a decent chance of attacking returns against a relatively poor defense.

I've pressed the panic button and hit the wildcard already after only getting 84 points from the first two weeks, I've now gone for:- 

Patricio 

Keane

Lundstram

Evans

Salah

Mane

Martial

Sterling

Sharp

Jota

Pukki

Out goes Ricardo, Robertson, Laporte, Kane and Perez among others. If that midfield doesn't get goals, together with a few from my 5ft front-line then I'll be disappointed. 

20 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I've pressed the panic button and hit the wildcard already after only getting 84 points from the first two weeks, I've now gone for:- 

Patricio 

Keane

Lundstram

Evans

Salah

Mane

Martial

Sterling

Sharp

Jota

Pukki

Out goes Ricardo, Robertson, Laporte, Kane and Perez among others. If that midfield doesn't get goals, together with a few from my 5ft front-line then I'll be disappointed. 

I think I’d prefer to have the players you got rid of lol I would have just one of Salah and Mane then improve the defenders or attackers. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I think I’d prefer to have the players you got rid of lol I would have just one of Salah and Mane then improve the defenders or attackers. 

it was very much a baby out with the bathwater situation. 

I fully expect to be making my one free transfer every week now until I get a decent team around March time lol

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

it was very much a baby out with the bathwater situation. 

I fully expect to be making my one free transfer every week now until I get a decent team around March time lol

Try and save your FT so you have 2 at once, rather than using 1 each week. Gives a lot more flexibility and means you can do things like swapping Kane for KdB without having to take a hit.

Speaking of KdB, I'd probably bring him in instead of Salah or Mane. At their prices the two Liverpool players are overkill, and KdB could well match their output this year. Throw that extra 2m+ into your defense and you'd have a much better chance of outscoring.

Not a fan of the Evans pick; just think Soyuncu offers as much (if not more) for less £. Pukki could be decent - maybe even a gem - but I also wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of people who've brought him in get burned by a dry spell and subsequent drop in value, especially with Norwich's fixtures.

Remember, a wildcard means you can still make as many more transfers as you want until the deadline, in case you decide to tinker some more. :)

Edited by Xen
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

Try and save your FT so you have 2 at once, rather than using 1 each week. Gives a lot more flexibility and means you can do things like swapping Kane for KdB without having to take a hit.

Speaking of KdB, I'd probably bring him in instead of Salah or Mane. At their prices the two Liverpool players are overkill, and KdB could well match their output this year. Throw that extra 2m+ into your defense and you'd have a much better chance of outscoring.

Not a fan of the Evans pick; just think Soyuncu offers as much (if not more) for less £. Pukki could be decent - maybe even a gem - but I also wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of people who've brought him in get burned by a dry spell and subsequent drop in value, especially with Norwich's fixtures.

Remember, a wildcard means you can still make as many more transfers as you want until the deadline, in case you decide to tinker some more. :)

Tar very much!

I was unsure on Pukki, you can forwards who make an instant impact and then fall off the face of the Earth - or he could be another Vardy etc. I was torn between him, Maupay, Murray or Ashley Barnes for a reasonable goal return for lowish price.

Think i'll follow suit on Soyuncu too, would love to see him grab a goal or two in the coming weeks for numerous reasons! 

Usually hate taking early hits, but with 1m ITB I'm very tempted by CWilson -> Rashford, before they're expected to drop/rise in price tonight, respectively. Rashford versus a poor Palace side is bound to get +4pts compared to CWilson against MCI, right? :S 

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yeah Martial is pencilled in for me this weekend as I've saved two transfers. Probably gonna bin Pepe off until he's starting regularly. 

Transfer on a desktop computer buddy, the app says 2 transfers available then is saying one and a four point deduction for the next and it nearly caught me out this morning!

I joined Dream Team app this season (only because it was a cash prize league amongst my mates) and good grief,  it is absolutely dreadful.    Buggy app, horrible and cheap design,  unchallenging format  (you also get points for CL/EL appearances so you can sign more star players for your team but I have always liked the tactical element in PL app with rotating your substitutes and less funds for star players).   PL app is also much better designed and user friendly as well.    I have played on Sky Sports last season as well which was not too bad and the option of choosing different captain for each day of the footballing weekend is cool however I still prefer PL app.  

Luckily,   I still have a team in PL app for this season but the moral of this story is that you all certainly need to appreciate PL app more!

finally got something right this week, brought in abraham and adrian and captained tammy. always dece when your transfers actually get you some points instead of just wasting 5 minutes of my week.  

Had a great day yesterday - 78 with 2 still to play (Digne and Dendoncker). Up from 1.8m OR to about 300k lol

Still annoyed I took a hit for Rashford the other week instead of my initial plan for Haller - that would have made a huge difference - but I've used the first of my two FTs to switch them over.

Staying away from Pukki now - at least until I WC - and hoping he's just a flash in the pan. 

I thought finally this year my luck was in. Sterling captain week 1 hat trick Pukki captain week 2 hat trick, but then this week transferred out Richarlison, Tielemans and Bernardo Silva who all scored 🙄🙄 made the mistake i make every year of messing with my team too much. Still top of the league by 5 points but doubt it will last. 

Screenshot_20190903-070114.png

• 3 weeks later...