Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

The Politics Thread 2019

9 minutes ago, Donk said:

No he cant.

Because what he "won" was seeing people who actually understand whats going on get frustrated.

And thats all he ever wanted.

To say "my lifes shit and full of vague repressed hate. So you can have some too"

You seem full of repressed hate yourself my friendlol

Not being allowed a diffference of opinion is almost Nazi like Mr. Donk.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Also people answer like this and wonder why frustrated people call them names. I mean the state of this response, it's pathetic.

This has gone well beyond name calling.  The level of vitriol levelled at certain posters is quite frankly disturbing. You are right emotions are running high, but denigrating at this level just isn't right.

It appears to be like a rabid lynch mob have run amok on FT and won't be satisfied until every leave poster has admitted they are fcuking idiots.

Come on people it's all gone too far.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You seem full of repressed hate yourself my friendlol

Not being allowed a diffference of opinion is almost Nazi like Mr. Donk.

You're allowed a different opinion, and we're allowed to tell you, often using facts, why we think it's wrong. What's your problem?

17 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

This has gone well beyond name calling.  The level of vitriol levelled at certain posters is quite frankly disturbing. You are right emotions are running high, but denigrating at this level just isn't right.

It appears to be like a rabid lynch mob have run amok on FT and won't be satisfied until every leave poster has admitted they are fcuking idiots.

Started out with decent discussions 3 years ago mate. I've had some good talks with many people on here (in both public and private) about Brexit, but over the past 6 months it's essentially just been me repeating myself and then being called all sorts of names. I know a few others who have had the same too. Whatever arguments are put forward aren't good enough and then it always comes back to being racist or xenophobic. Some of the leavers have given up coming onto this thread because one post from them results in just a barrage of abuse.

As you can see from tonight though, it's funny when people don't attempt to argue back and just embrace the name calling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

I'll be happy if they just have a bit of humility and admit it might not actually be the right thing to do 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

"Nahhhhh, I'll wait for Survation, the other pollsters are run by right wing companies. Oh, this IS survation....."

Deltapoll is a nonsense.

Survation is a proper pollster and it's results are in line with others.

Atm the tories and brexit party have 45% whilst labour, the lib dems and the greens (7%) have 50%.

UKIP and change both virtually on 0.

As with every other serious poll, remain has the majority of votes. 

The question is whether the remain parties cab work together at an election so it can be treated like the second referendum we really need. 

With corbyn involved (because he's been rubbish at brexit despite having some other decent policies) I have my doubts. 

Edited by HappyHamza

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Started out with decent discussions 3 years ago mate. I've had some good talks with many people on here (in public and both in private) about Brexit, but over the past 6 months it's essentially just been me repeating myself and then being called all sorts of names. I know a few others who have had the same too. Whatever arguments are put forward aren't good enough and then it always comes back to being racist or xenophobic. Some of the leavers have given up coming onto this thread because one post from them results in just a barrage of abuse.

As you can see from tonight though, it's funny when people don't attempt to argue back.

You're so nearly there.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Are you going to admit remaining in the EU might not be the right thing to do? Swings and roundabouts my friend.

I've yet to see anything that says it isn't, but there plenty happening that proves leaving isn't going to be good. So no.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I've yet to see anything that says it isn't, but there plenty happening that proves leaving isn't going to be good. So no.

HAHAHAHAHA. And there we go.

'I'm right, you're wrong, and there's nothing you can do about it!'

'WORMWOOD!'

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Are you going to admit remaining in the EU might not be the right thing to do? Swings and roundabouts my friend.

If there was a clear plan as to what would happen next, with some evidence for this and perhaps some experts on board, then I wouldn't be worried.  

What we currently have is a vote for brexit without any detail, people like boris and farage shouting without providing any detail, and the evidence and experts  (and also the erg's own tame economist) giving us multiple reasons to be extremely worried. 

Edited by HappyHamza

Just now, HappyHamza said:

If there was a clear plan as to what would happen next, with some evidence for this and perhaps some experts on board, then I wouldn't be worried.  

What we currently have is a vote for brexit without any detail, people like boris and farage shouting without providing any detail, and the evidence and experts  (and also the erg's own take economist giving us multiple reasons to be extremely worried. 

I'll actually give you a decent reply as you aren't just name calling.

I do agree that there should be some form of plan. Obviously we don't know what's going on behind closed doors. You'd hope that they're trying to get a deal while preparing for a no deal scenario.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I do agree that there should be some form of plan. Obviously we don't know what's going on behind closed doors. You'd hope that they're trying to get a deal while preparing for a no deal scenario.

Apart from a joke with another poster, I haven't directly called you anything, so I have no idea what your problem. Maybe you just don't like being out smarted. :dunno:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Apart from a joke with another poster, I haven't directly called you anything, so I have no idea what your problem. Maybe you just don't like being out smarted. :dunno:

Yep that's definitely what it is. You've outsmarted me by having a joke with another poster. You seem to keep alluding to me having a problem with you? Maybe I just don't want to reply to you? Or should I be forced to?

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Hope isnt something that should be used to run a country, or the basis for voting. 

Edited by HappyHamza
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HappyHamza said:

Hope isnt something that should be used to run a country.

Obviously, but they aren't going to announce they're going full no deal if they want a deal from the EU? LIkewise they wouldn't say we're not preparing for no deal because we definitely want a deal. They'd lose their negotiating position.

All in my opinion of course:thumbup:

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yep that's definitely what it is. You've outsmarted me by having a joke with another poster. You seem to keep alluding to me having a problem with you? Maybe I just don't want to reply to you? Or should I be forced to?

You claimed you replied to HappyHamza properly because he didn't call you names. Neither have I. If you don't have a problem with, but don't want to reply, I can only summarise it's because you can't because you have no sensible response to anything I've said.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You claimed you replied to HappyHamza properly because he didn't call you names. Neither have I. If you don't have a problem with, but don't want to reply, I can only summarise it's because you can't because you have no sensible response to anything I've said.

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Leicester_easily_led?

Leicester_simpleton?

Leicester_shoot_myself_in_the_foot?

Leicester_i_knew_what_i_was_voting_for_even_though_it_was_never_clear_what_we_were_getting?

Any of these could work.

Much like your sensible post earlier.

I'm a simpleton for having a different opinion to yourself? Very strange.

If somebody could give me some actually reasons why they want to leave the EU, how is affected their life in a negative way, that can't be pulled apart in 2 minutes, I'd be happy enough.

If someone came up with a plan of how this whole thing was going to be done, I could live with it.

Instead, three years down the line, theres none of that. We're exactly where we were three years ago with sovereignty, immigration and trade being easily debunked as reasons and Farage going on about blue passports, and nobody having a clue how we're going to leave.

I didn't want this anyway, and now I have to witness this car crash attempt at it. Its like being made to watch someone botch up murdering your family. I don't want it to happen anyway, but they're doing a shit job of it, and three years on Boris Johnson is trying to stab my sister with a teaspoon.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Much like your sensible post earlier.

I'm a simpleton for having a different opinion to yourself? Very strange.

I said apart from that post I've not directly called you name, yet you've actively avoided properly replying to me. I can only summarise its because you don't have to ability to challenge my points.