Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

On 21/06/2020 at 08:58, themightyfin said:

Third in the league and we are putting in average performances? Comments like this never cease to amaze me.

1 game back and people are telling a player that would walk into most prem teams how to play the game and want him out the team. 

You are been very selective.

You are disregarding games before the break to justify a player under performing "one game back"

Then the post after you mentioned we 3rd in the league, meaning you including the 30 games before this.

A perfect example of choosing situations to support your argument.

So which is it, do we disregard the games before the break or include them?

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

You are been very selective.

You are disregarding games before the break to justify a player under performing "one game back"

Then the post after you mentioned we 3rd in the league, meaning you including the 30 games before this.

A perfect example of choosing situations to support your argument.

So which is it, do we disregard the games before the break or include them?

Do what everyone normally does. Judge your team over the whole season. Every team goes through highs and lows people who dint understand that clearly have no understanding about football. 

Teilemans should play with Praet I agree with Maddison more central and forward. The only problem is getting defensive cover when teilemans gives the ball away or drops off stamina wise throughout the game like he does. 

• Like 1

On 26/06/2020 at 09:56, Leeds Fox said:

So you want to drop Maddison because he’s actually doing something that you want Tielemans to do? 

Logically, that is fuching ridiculous.

There is no logical inconsistency.

It is like saying would you want to continue to have me in the kitchen cooking (which is what I am doing) if you can have a proper chef to do the same thing.  Or if you would like Maddison to do something that he is doing instead of having Messi (if he is here) to do the same.  

What I am saying is Tielemans is better at doing it.

Maddison’s creativity is overstated (as of the past 2-3 years) and Rodgers overly rely on him and as a result stifles others.  It is like the Harlem Globetrotters in basketball - they look good, dribble a lot, run around, they make their assists look fancy, but they do not play in the NBA for a reason. Maddison is not Michael Jordan but yet we rely on him like he is. He is good but not yet there - he can be a Scottie Pippen. Rodgers need to change the team setup to get some right chemistry back in the team in the meanwhile.

Otherwise, sit tight while you watch us continue to drop points.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Luckily, rodgers knows more about football than we do .........

What makes you say that? And what is the relevance?

Did you say the same about Frank McClintock, who clearly did, when he managed Leicester?

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

Did you say the same about Frank McClintock, who clearly did, when he managed Leicester?

I’m not sure frank was too clever with tactics, man management and training techniques ........

the relevance of the rodgers comment is that whilst we have opinions about what needs to be done, he is better placed on all levels to make the right calls ........ 

29 minutes ago, FIF said:

I don't say this lightly I lived through his horrendous reign here but even Peter Taylor knows way more about football than us! 

He played over 500 games in the league and conference and has managed way over a thousand imagine participated and took probably over 15 thousand training sessions. Imagine the amount of meetings he's had with players, agents, chairman etc he has lived and breathed the sport on a professional basis 365 days a year for 40 years.

Yet somehow signed Junior Lewis for 25k a week and told Izzet and Lennon to give the ball to him at every opportunity!

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Haha 1