Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

Maddison dominates the ball so much and while he “appears” to be creative his passing is often still not accurate enough (too light, too heavy, a bit too much to the left or right etc). Chances he gives to Vardy often takes Vardy an extra step too far away from goal or makes him slow down to pick up the pass. He is not Mahrez.

With that, what I want to say is that he stifles Tielemans out of the game. Tielemans is capable of sending a few Mahrez like defence splitting perfectly weight and angled passes, but he needs to get the ball and be that dominant player in the middle. With Maddison who always want the ball and to take all set pieces attitude, Tielemans has been unfortunately taken out of the game. The chemistry is not right.

I dont really see many picking this up - Rodgers does not seem to be.

This IMO is why Tielemans has been playing poorly this season. He plays better with Praet and as much as it is difficult, Maddison needs to be told to play a different less dominant role or be dropped altogether.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Maddison dominates the ball so much and while he “appears” to be creative his passing is often still not accurate enough (too light, too heavy, a bit too much to the left or right etc). Chances he gives to Vardy often takes Vardy an extra step too far away from goal or makes him slow down to pick up the pass. He is not Mahrez.

With that, what I want to say is that he stifles Tielemans out of the game. Tielemans is capable of sending a few Mahrez like defence splitting perfectly weight and angled passes, but he needs to get the ball and be that dominant player in the middle. With Maddison who always want the ball and to take all set pieces attitude, Tielemans has been unfortunately taken out of the game. The chemistry is not right.

This IMO is why Tielemans has been playing poorly this season. He plays better with Praet and as much as it is difficult, Maddison needs to be told to play a different less dominant role or be dropped altogether.

Maddison is much quicker on the ball than Tielemans, and he's much harder to press out of possession, I think those are the reasons he sees more of the ball. When he gets the ball he looks forward immediately and can make the right pass in under a second. Maybe sometimes his passing isn't perfect but nobody who constantly has to make attacking passes has perfect completion, his passing completion rate is pretty fantastic when compared to similar players.

Edit: To further demonstrate; against Watford Tielemans often got the ball but ended up passing backwards or sideways, Maddison is usually the only one who passes forwards.

Edited by Nicolo Barella

8 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Total rubbish . They are different kind of players with different roles. Do you think Maddison takes the set pieces because he's greedy as you suggest or because the management tells him to?

Supporters cry out for players to be dominant and take the game by the scruff of the neck and you want him to be less dominant?!

You say not many people seem to be picking this up / not even Rodgers , thats because nobody else but you see it like this. 

I'm sorry but wirh all due respect I trust Rodgers to gives the players their roles a little more thsn you.

Tielemans plays a deeper role thsn Middison. Is better defensively.  Is a better attacker and I dont but into the theory he lazy. 

He actually covers loads of ground. Just because he does nit possess lightning pace does not make him lazy. 

He is a class act who can change a game with one pass. He reads the game better than most and we are weaker without him. 

I wouldn't say Tielemans is defensive, although he certainly covers a lot of ground. I think we're going to have to see an increase in interceptions and tackles before I'd be comfortable calling him defensive. He doesn't have the pace to become someone like Ndidi obviously, but a bit of work on his defensive positioning and he could become much more useful as an interceptor of the ball imo. He's clearly got enough grit for it, he occasionally gets into pretty heated challenges.

I don't think the solution to Tielemans woes is for Maddison to nerf himself.

Tielemans getting bullied off the ball is nothing to do with Maddison, I dont know what the problems are I am not on the training field, dont have insight into his mental state, but he is hurting the team more often than not when playing.  As has been said though every now and then he will play a brilliant forward pass to remind us why he got signed permanently.

He is still picked time and time again to start games, and wont surprise me if he starts the next one.

4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I don't think the solution to Tielemans woes is for Maddison to nerf himself.

Tielemans getting bullied off the ball is nothing to do with Maddison, I dont know what the problems are I am not on the training field, dont have insight into his mental state, but he is hurting the team more often than not when playing.  As has been said though every now and then he will play a brilliant forward pass to remind us why he got signed permanently.

He is still picked time and time again to start games, and wont surprise me if he starts the next one.

1 game back...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Total rubbish . They are different kind of players with different roles. Do you think Maddison takes the set pieces because he's greedy as you suggest or because the management tells him to?

Supporters cry out for players to be dominant and take the game by the scruff of the neck and you want him to be less dominant?!

You say not many people seem to be picking this up / not even Rodgers , thats because nobody else but you see it like this. 

I'm sorry but wirh all due respect I trust Rodgers to gives the players their roles a little more thsn you.

Tielemans plays a deeper role thsn Middison. Is better defensively.  Is a better attacker and I dont but into the theory he lazy. 

He actually covers loads of ground. Just because he does nit possess lightning pace does not make him lazy. 

He is a class act who can change a game with one pass. He reads the game better than most and we are weaker without him. 

Umm ... I don’t disagree but only when you are a superstar. I hope he will be, but until then the team loses out with that extra second he takes to turn, that extra step Vardy needs to take to get to the ball from Maddison which takes him away from goal, that extra yard too far that prevents Vardy getting the ball, that lost opportunity when Tielemans is in a better position to take or pass the ball forward. The stats don’t tell these things. Don’t get me wrong, he is not a bad player at all, but it is about team chemistry too and something needs to be changed in order to avoid the average displays we have seen in recent months (skipping COVID). I mentioned Praet partners better with Tielemans because like it or not, Praet is IMO more direct and effective in involving others going forward. He is the sort of player who does all the simple things better and faster. He may not be as fancy or “dominant”, so he gets less talked about, but I rather him than Maddison at the minute to partner Tielemans.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Umm ... I don’t disagree but only when you are a superstar. I hope he will be, but until then the team loses out with that extra second he takes to turn, that extra step Vardy needs to take to get to the ball from Maddison which takes him away from goal, that extra yard too far that prevents Vardy getting the ball, that lost opportunity when Tielemans is in a better position to take or pass the ball forward. Don’t get me wrong, he is not a bad player at all, but it is about team chemistry too and something needs to be changed in order to avoid the average displays we have seen in recent months (skipping COVID). I mentioned Praet partners better with Tielemans because like it or not, Praet is IMO more direct and effective in involving others going forward. He is the sort of player who does all the simple things better and faster. He may not be as fancy or “dominant”, so he gets less talked about, but I rather him than Maddison at the minute to partner Tielemans.

Third in the league and we are putting in average performances? Comments like this never cease to amaze me.

1 game back and people are telling a player that would walk into most prem teams how to play the game and want him out the team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest An Sionnach

Thing is he is capable of a lot better , we all know that and so should he . He has the technique and the brain and if he played to the level we know he can we would be five to ten points better off than we are now.

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Third in the league and we are putting in average performances? Comments like this never cease to amaze me.

1 game back and people are telling a player that would walk into most prem teams how to play the game and want him out the team. 

..The problem is, he is right!!!

• Thanks 1

Maybe the formation just isn't working as it did earlier in the season and needs tweaking, but one things for sure neither are contributing to goals. Maddison hasn't scored since New years day, and given he has to take all set pieces he's not even assisted since that cross to Iheanacho at Villa in December which seems a lifetime ago. Tielemans has gone 21 games without a goal.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2020 at 15:58, themightyfin said:

On 21/06/2020 at 17:36, sacreblueits442 said:

..The problem is, he is right!!!

So back to this ... are we still going to be stubborn and not change? We have been in near relegation form since late December and soon we could be below Wolves. Don’t be too dismissive when some fans genuinely want to look at problems arising and ways to improve. The game against Brighton is another proof.

I stand by my comments about changing Maddison and Tielemans’ roles.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

On 21/06/2020 at 00:39, Tom12345 said:

So you want to drop Maddison because he’s actually doing something that you want Tielemans to do? 

Logically, that is fuching ridiculous.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

So you want to drop Maddison because he’s actually doing something that you want Tielemans to do? 

Logically, that is fuching ridiculous.

Maddison has one outfield assist this season,against Sheff utd according to the mercury. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claridge said:

Maddison has one outfield assist this season,against Sheff utd according to the mercury. 

That's surely wrong, I can think of one just off the top of my head, he crossed the ball to Iheanacho against Villa at the near post. Even if that is the case he often is very creative in open play.

Edited by Nicolo Barella