Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

On 05/02/2020 at 03:41, SO1 said:

For what its worth I think any changes are planned by Rodgers and the rest of the staff at the club.

Don't think any player gets to go off and do their own thing without careful consideration as to its effects on the players well being and long term performance.

These guys are big time investments. And this part of the game is a science. I won't discuss the ideas in your comment because I don't know shit :)

In this department the buck stops with Rodgers and his coaches. Good or Bad.

Yes & No.....

The Players Management & Coaching like you imply will have a big Impact on players routines,but it is also up to that individual athlete(player) to find

his own balance,and with advice also educate himself...!!!  So its a sort of floatiing two-way Buck...!!!

18 hours ago, FOXSE said:

'Strawman argument'

17 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Introducing what constitutes critique in 2020 :D

Didn't want to belabor this line of discourse, but apparently you do.

It's a Strawman Argument because you are disingenuously (perhaps dishonestly) refuting a point that was NOT at issue. Not one person on this thread has advocated for the booing of  players from the stands, so to equate the criticism of players for specific performances on a DISCUSSION (a rather elementary concept you seem to be wrestling with) forum with booing players from the stands is quite some leap of logic.  

2 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Passenger at the moment 

I see the argument but disagree. Whilst I acknowledge some dips in performance, even on his worst day the amount of solid involvement he has in build up play and his passing and movement allows us to play the way we do. I think he’s probably a bit knackered, young family etc and whilst I’m still waiting for him to score one of those 40 yard screamers for us on the volley, I’ll continue to be a bit patient with him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Didn't want to belabor this line of discourse, but apparently you do.

It's a Strawman Argument because you are disingenuously (perhaps dishonestly) refuting a point that was NOT at issue. Not one person on this thread has advocated for the booing of  players from the stands, so to equate the criticism of players for specific performances on a DISCUSSION (a rather elementary concept you seem to be wrestling with) forum with booing players from the stands is quite some leap of logic.  

If I misconstrued the direction and intention of your posts, then for this I apologise.

For my own provision of critique, I would suggest that for the apparent ownership of the moral high ground you clearly feel you have, you may wish to reread your more disparaging elements of your own posts, and perhaps lessen your reliance on capital letters mid sentence (A somewhat juvenile method of expressing a thought or mood)

:)

We all support the same team.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If I misconstrued the direction and intention of your posts, then for this I apologise.

For my own provision of critique, I would suggest that for the apparent ownership of the moral high ground you clearly feel you have, you may wish to reread your more disparaging elements of your own posts, and perhaps lessen your reliance on capital letters mid sentence (A somewhat juvenile method of expressing a thought or mood)

There is NOTHING wrong with showing ones ability to be provide EDITORIAL EMPHASIS of your own eight line posts. Don’t go thinking it’s all shouty and PATRONISING as a writing style because it’s NOT.

Reminds of @Col city fan ‘s post during his frustrated years circa 2014 :ph34r:...

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

There is NOTHING wrong with showing ones ability to be provide EDITORIAL EMPHASIS of your own eight line posts. Don’t go thinking it’s all shouty and PATRONISING as a writing style because it’s NOT.

Reminds of @Col city fan ‘s post during his frustrated years circa 2014 :ph34r:...

I am getting a strong sense that I have taken a wrong turning somewhere several posts back :blink:

But SHOUTING is clearly poor form whereas mild joshing or even more forceful japes are all to the good...

(Goes to find map and moral compass)

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I see the argument but disagree. Whilst I acknowledge some dips in performance, even on his worst day the amount of solid involvement he has in build up play and his passing and movement allows us to play the way we do. I think he’s probably a bit knackered, young family etc and whilst I’m still waiting for him to score one of those 40 yard screamers for us on the volley, I’ll continue to be a bit patient with him.

I won’t disagree totally but I’ll still say he isn’t doing enough and Ndidi is carrying him 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am getting a strong sense that I have taken a wrong turning somewhere several posts back :blink:

But SHOUTING is clearly poor form whereas mild joshing or even more forceful japes are all to the good...

(Goes to find map and moral compass)

Are you David Mitchell? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Didn’t he start at villa in the league ??

wrt YT, if anyone can’t see what he brings to the team every time he plays then they simply don’t understand the game in any depth - that’s not a problem, neither does my wife ....

Yes, but he didn't start over Tielemans, if I remember correctly - they both played.

19 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

So you don't care for my writing style. Not 'juvenile' of you at all. lol 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 06/02/2020 at 10:01, Ric Flair said:

I couldn't disagree more, have we even won a game yet this season in the league when Praet has started over Tielemans?

This by a country mile. 

We're much, much worse with Praet. It's not even that he's a much, much worse player he just plays a different role. He wanders forward, loves a vertical run and leaves the spot he should be to receive the ball. 

Tielemans is vital to our possession football, particularly to keeping it positive and forward moving. Even an off form YT is one of our most important players. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm usually wrong on these things, but I've a real hunch that in these remaining 9 games that Tielemans is going to be phenomenal again. 

Nah....he'll be better than that.

• Haha 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

This by a country mile. 

We're much, much worse with Praet. It's not even that he's a much, much worse player he just plays a different role. He wanders forward, loves a vertical run and leaves the spot he should be to receive the ball. 

Tielemans is vital to our possession football, particularly to keeping it positive and forward moving. Even an off form YT is one of our most important players. 

I'm a fan of both but I agree that Tielemans is integral to our team. I still cannot believe we signed him permanently and I actually think a prolonged rest these last few months could be a god send for Youri. He has pretty much played non-stop since he was 16-17 years of age and this season he has looked jaded. Any worries he might struggle more than most to maintain fitness during lockdown, there's been reports he's come back in unbelievable nick. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm usually wrong on these things, but I've a real hunch that in these remaining 9 games that Tielemans is going to be phenomenal again. 

I was thinking exactly the same the other day. He will be much better after this long break. However it is a concern how quickly he runs out of steam.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

This by a country mile. 

Have to agree, I think he critical to our way of playing, I think people underestimate how hard it is for a 23 year old player to settle in a new country and a new league.

He still only played 41 PL games and in the time has notched 9 assists and 6 goals and is often the person who pass it to the person who gets the assist. 

• Like 4

On 05/06/2020 at 17:53, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Youri and Dennis both taking up the Belgium FA's offer to fund the coaching badges of any of their international players.

Shows both players have their heads screwed on right. Good luck lads.

For a young footballer with all the money branded about today Youri has his head switched on and fully focused on supporting his young family way after the playing stops.

Maybe it’s because of that family that focuses him more than maybe some others we could mention of similar age but he does strike me as someone who wants to learn & improve not only in playing but the tactical background of the game.

Rodgers gave him high praise backend of 2019 saying he’s was like his on-field coach with true leadership qualities and that he, just gets it, for someone so young.

Unless an injury cruelly robs him he is going to have a truly amazing career and I can envisage him going on to be 1 of the high profile players that makes it in management and talked about like Pep G is today. :fc:anyway.

• Like 2