Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Tielemans

Probably one of or most important signings (along with Rodgers) to date. An excellent player, highly rated and important in helping change the perception of LCFC i the transfer market. However it came about, most people around the world thought it would be very unlikely (myself included) such a young highly rated player would sign for LCFC. Very pleased he plays for LCFC.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I agree. Hope he's used the time since we last played to drop some weight as well. 

Does he actually carry any spare timber? I know he looks ... a little rotund especially when next to Vardy etc lol  but I don’t actually think he’s carrying extra weight. He’s not exactly like gtf nor adama. I’d be interested to know his BFI and other stats. 

On 05/06/2020 at 17:53, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Youri and Dennis both taking up the Belgium FA's offer to fund the coaching badges of any of their international players.

Shows both players have their heads screwed on right. Good luck lads.

Inspired by Martinez, he has been an advocate of this sort of thing for many years.

Really think this restart will allow Youri to properly showcase his ability. We've seen in Germany that teams who keep and move the ball well are doing well so far and YT, alongside Maddison, has the ability to dictate the tempo and pace of the game. If he's kept himself in decent shape, he could really shine.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The only possible reason for it is mental and physical fatigue. He's played pretty much non stop since he burst on the scene at Anderlecht when he was 16-17. Even during his supposed poor spell at Monaco he was a regular and he instantly came to us and found the PL a doddle. He then went away with Belgium and played more football whilst spending the rest of the time mulling over where his future might be. I must admit I am surprised he has struggled this season by his standards and it would be naïve to think his fitness hasn't been brought in to question, that's why a 3 month lay off ought to be ideal for him. Rodgers and others refer to how mature he is and how much of a model professional he is so I've little concern he's spent the last 10+ weeks watching Paw Patrol with his nippers and eating Domino's all day. This opportunity to recharge the batteries, spend more time settling in to a new country/making it his home is the perfect opportunity for him to kick on again. I'm picturing 25 yard screamers.

In complete fairness, that isn't the only possible reason. As much as I dislike considering it, maybe those first 10 games weren't representative of his overall level. 

I much prefer your analysis :(

8 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

In complete fairness, that isn't the only possible reason. As much as I dislike considering it, maybe those first 10 games weren't representative of his overall level. 

I much prefer your analysis :(

Hmmmm I cannot entertain that based on how good he was for Anderlecht both domestically and in Europe against top class opposition and he;s impressed for Belgium too. Monaco I suppose could shine a light on him having some weaknesses which are becoming familiar (lack of pace) but he also had a prolonged decent spell for them at a time when they as a team were appalling (like we were under Puel) and he fell out with the previous manager who returned so we then managed to snaffle him.

It's the manner in which he played for us last season on loan, there was absolutely nothing to suggest his performances were unsustainable or a random purple patch. He's evidently so gifted technically, but whatever the cause of his dips in form we need to ensure we can spot when they are coming and how to get him out of them, that's what top managers and coaches do as there are many top rate players who have this problem. Let's see what happens.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The only possible reason for it is mental and physical fatigue. He's played pretty much non stop since he burst on the scene at Anderlecht when he was 16-17. Even during his supposed poor spell at Monaco he was a regular and he instantly came to us and found the PL a doddle. He then went away with Belgium and played more football whilst spending the rest of the time mulling over where his future might be. I must admit I am surprised he has struggled this season by his standards and it would be naïve to think his fitness hasn't been brought in to question, that's why a 3 month lay off ought to be ideal for him. Rodgers and others refer to how mature he is and how much of a model professional he is so I've little concern he's spent the last 10+ weeks watching Paw Patrol with his nippers and eating Domino's all day. This opportunity to recharge the batteries, spend more time settling in to a new country/making it his home is the perfect opportunity for him to kick on again. I'm picturing 25 yard screamers.

It's shows we know how good he is when we consider this season "off" by his standards, where he has 5 goals and 7 assists in all competitions so far. The dude can be quality even when he's not playing great.

I've no doubt even when he's slightly off form, he's got the raw ability to pull off ridiculous passes that can lead to goals.

• Like 3

I had a few of this season’s games still recorded, and re-watched them over the shutdown.  (Southampton away 3 times, what can I say.)  Youri was one of the players I most enjoyed watching in a more leisurely, back-up-and-see-that-again fashion.

When it comes to seeing the field and making quick decisions, he is really something.  At his best such a maestro of the one-touch forward pass.  Even though he’s not an outstanding athlete, he contributes a lot to the speed and intricacy of our attack.

I’m really optimistic about what he will contribute with a well-rested mind and body.

• Like 2

On 07/06/2020 at 12:12, casablancas said:

Does he actually carry any spare timber? I know he looks ... a little rotund especially when next to Vardy etc lol  but I don’t actually think he’s carrying extra weight. He’s not exactly like gtf nor adama. I’d be interested to know his BFI and other stats. 

I always think he looks a bit more "doughy" than a footballer should lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Worth £70m according to this

Must be true as they have Mason Mount in at £91m (sounds reasonable :blink:)

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12002877/kylian-mpappe-raheem-sterling-and-jadon-sancho-most-expensive-players

What a load of bull, Maddison, Ndidi not even worth £30 million?

Maguire doesn't even make the list, has his value dropped £55 million in a year?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I don't see Tielemans as having extra weight, I think it's just his frame.

My wife's been using that excuse for years

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmm I cannot entertain that based on how good he was for Anderlecht both domestically and in Europe against top class opposition and he;s impressed for Belgium too. Monaco I suppose could shine a light on him having some weaknesses which are becoming familiar (lack of pace) but he also had a prolonged decent spell for them at a time when they as a team were appalling (like we were under Puel) and he fell out with the previous manager who returned so we then managed to snaffle him.

It's the manner in which he played for us last season on loan, there was absolutely nothing to suggest his performances were unsustainable or a random purple patch. He's evidently so gifted technically, but whatever the cause of his dips in form we need to ensure we can spot when they are coming and how to get him out of them, that's what top managers and coaches do as there are many top rate players who have this problem. Let's see what happens.

...it worries the hell out of me!!!

Last seasons' early performance seemed to point to problems at Monaco, which, were not on the field issues and now, he was at a club that wanted and beleived in him, everything had now fallen into place.

With this season it seems to be an inherent problem with him and my worry is he does not know how to bring himself out of this and we will definitely suffer unless he can turn it round. I believe that had Tielemans not come to us last season and our main priority was to close the dea and bring him in, Rodgers would have wanted to bring McGregor to Leicester.

I am still convinced we need someone like McGregor in the middle, more of a leader and leads by example.

12 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I always think he looks a bit more "doughy" than a footballer should lol

12 hours ago, weller54 said:

It's just the way he's been bread.

12 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Maybe he's better suited to the deep-lying roll.....

image.jpeg.b1ddc2e3e4bc977a1c0fafff4e382a9c.jpeg

• Haha 3