Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yes N'Didi

19/20 Away Tickets Sell Outs

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

"I can't get a ticket for away games". Biggest myth going. 

tbf, if you wait for general sale you've had the chance to go to newcastle on a weekday (league cup), newcastle on new year's day (on TV), southampton on a weekday (on TV) or everton on a weekday (league cup).

surely last year was the year to rack up points. 

4 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

tbf, if you wait for general sale you've had the chance to go to newcastle on a weekday (league cup), newcastle on new year's day (on TV), southampton on a weekday (on TV) or everton on a weekday (league cup).

Yeah they're not the desirable games but the point is that tickets are readily available for aways, just not for the ones people want. 

But also the points system needs addressing imo, I worked out last year that it would take about 15 years of going to every away you can on your own reference to catch up to P1 as long as the club keep giving 50 points out a season just for renewing your ST.

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah they're not the desirable games but the point is that tickets are readily available for aways, just not for the ones people want. 

But also the points system needs addressing imo, I worked out last year that it would take about 15 years of going to every away you can on your own reference to catch up to P1 as long as the club keep giving 50 points out a season just for renewing your ST.

Yes, a few years back the club just took into account the past 2 seasons.

Maybe they should scrap any points for having a ST altogether and go purely on away points gathered. Keep the past 5 years or whatever but at 1 point per away game. ST holders before members still but at least a STH who joined this season but went to 20 aways in the last 5 years has a better chance than a STH who went to 0 away games but had his ST for 5+ years.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

oh yeah no doubt, it's fair enough that the ones who are mental enough to decide going to newcastle on a new year's hangover get first choice of tickets to games people actually want to go to. 

but you're right, it does seem to be verging on being a bit unfair. i am sure they used to have a cut off point for priority, rather than just continually building it up for eternity? didn't it used to be like however many points you've got in the last 3 years? or 2 years? that would stop those in higher categories just sitting on their 400 points purely for having had a season ticket and doing a few aways every year and let people who want to go to every game have half a chance of a) going to every game and b) building up their own priority. 

appreciate i may have literally made all of that up but i'm sure it used to be like that. 

I do wonder if it will be reviewed at some point. I was a member from when we came up and then got season tickets last season. Only really started going to aways   August 2017 on membership. Did six that season. Last year I did 16/19 aways (17 with Huddersfield thanks to here). By the time I’ve done Burnley on Sunday I’ll have done 33 aways since 2017 (36 including the three that I’ve had assistance with through the forum). I sit on 193pts at present. This year the lowest points was increased to 300+ from last year. Which leaves me thinking it’s going to take another couple from seasons to hit 300+ (unless we get to the cup final and get points like with the charity shield). 

9 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I guess for general sale there have only been 4 opportunities, for members 9 opportunities which is a fair amount.

Obviously those who moan are usually those that want to go to Villa away or a popular game on a Saturday even though they have no membership or ST.

Home games are a different kettle of fish, it's really hard to get tickets together for those with exceptions of where away teams return an allocation of tickets.

Agreed, anyone who didn't pick up a membership before the deadline could have gone to:

Newcastle in the League Cup (Wednesday Night)

Southampton (Friday Night)

Everton in the League Cup (Wednesday Night)

Newcastle on New Years Day

Isn't that attractive as a fixture list but you do have to start somewhere.

55 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Made the same point as me very concisely and about an hour earlier than me ha!

8 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Agreed, anyone who didn't pick up a membership before the deadline could have gone to:

Couldn’t agree more. I love going to new grounds, but I’m there to watch Leicester at the end of the day! Southampton was disgusting weather but we won 9-0, Everton I missed the first 15minutes sat in traffic for 4hrs, and Newcastle meant getting up at half six New Year’s Day. All adds to the experience, and how you build up the priority 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

You wait till Carlisle away comes around again. 21 hours out the house for 90 mins of football.

But as the post below points out, we should be there to watch Leicester not anyone else, so it shouldn't really matter where we are playing. 

It's about the team and the day out, we had a cracking time in Carlisle all be it all of 8 hours in the town.

Of those listed above even allowing for my point of being there for us, Everton is a good old proper football ground and soon to be gone,  visit it whilst you can, Newcastle anytime is a cracking night out, but had I the cash, NYE would have been a belter, and to be fair on the weather was shite, but no one was to know that when buying tickets, Southampton on a friday night is ok, or do what my mates do, jump on a ferry to the isle of wight for a night out.

I guess what I'm saying is utilise those opportunities, create memories, some of mine are not of old Trafford, let's be honest we normally lose anyway, but of, leyton orient, southend, Carlisle, even the 4-3 at wolves was character building lol

Ps that post wasnt aimed at you personally 

Edited by Bayfox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

You wait till Carlisle away comes around again. 21 hours out the house for 90 mins of football.

But as the post below points out, we should be there to watch Leicester not anyone else, so it shouldn't really matter where we are playing. 

It's about the team and the day out, we had a cracking time in Carlisle all be it all of 8 hours in the town.

Of those listed above even allowing for my point of being there for us, Everton is a good old proper football ground and soon to be gone,  visit it whilst you can, Newcastle anytime is a cracking night out, but had I the cash, NYE would have been a belter, and to be fair on the weather was shite, but no one was to know that when buying tickets, Southampton on a friday night is ok, or do what my mates do, jump on a ferry to the isle of wight for a night out.

I guess what I'm saying is utilise those opportunities, create memories, some of mine are not of old Trafford, let's be honest we normally lose anyway, but of, leyton orient, southend, Carlisle, even the 4-3 at wolves was character building lol

Agreed on all points, as I say, you have to start somewhere, and over the last few seasons there have been plenty of opportunities to points build. Doesn't bother me as i'm P1 but as we say, it is a myth that people can't get tickets, they simply cant get them to the games everyone wants to go to.

25 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

In principle, I would love all of this. Unfortunately, with a young family I have to find the right balance, and I do. I am probably pushing the boat already. However, when it comes round to the likes of Fleetwood/Newport away I can fully accept the fact that I cannot commit to every game, so someone who can (financially and commitment wise), fair play, they deserve it.

As was mentioned above, the 5 year bonus of just having had a ST on away points is not right in my eyes (and I get a minor benefit off it too). Someone like DerbyshireFox above who is regularly going to away games might miss out on a popular away game because Bob (name made up) who has had a season ticket for 10 years decides to go to his third ever away game and he has the bonus of being a STH for so long.

STH commit and should benefit by getting priority, but it shouldn't be based on how long you have been a STH for, it should be purely based on away points gathered.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

oh yeah no doubt, it's fair enough that the ones who are mental enough to decide going to newcastle on a new year's hangover get first choice of tickets to games people actually want to go to. 

but you're right, it does seem to be verging on being a bit unfair. i am sure they used to have a cut off point for priority, rather than just continually building it up for eternity? didn't it used to be like however many points you've got in the last 3 years? or 2 years? that would stop those in higher categories just sitting on their 400 points purely for having had a season ticket and doing a few aways every year and let people who want to go to every game have half a chance of a) going to every game and b) building up their own priority. 

appreciate i may have literally made all of that up but i'm sure it used to be like that. 

Yes, back in the Championship I think it went back about 2 years.

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

But like you say, people just want immediate access to Brentford, Sheffield United etc.

The problem is the heavy weighting of the season tickets and the use of the last six/or is it five seasons on purchase history means it’s virtually impossible someone with genuine intentions to build up the priority will reach those numbers. 

Feel for like a teenager who wants to go away games with their dad for example - how does the kid catch the bug, when it’s sporadic and peculiar times/fixtures 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes, a few years back the club just took into account the past 2 seasons.

Maybe they should scrap any points for having a ST altogether and go purely on away points gathered. Keep the past 5 years or whatever but at 1 point per away game. ST holders before members still but at least a STH who joined this season but went to 20 aways in the last 5 years has a better chance than a STH who went to 0 away games but had his ST for 5+ years.

The points gained for a season ticket at its very limit should be restricted to the maximum amount of away games we could play each season 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Chelsea - SOLD OUT (Members - no general sale) *moved to a Sunday 4pm

Sheffield United - SOLD OUT (310+ STH)

Newcastle United (League Cup) - General Sale - did NOT sell out *Wednesday night

Manchester United - SOLD OUT (All STH)

Luton Town (League Cup) - SOLD OUT (340+ STH) *Tuesday night

Liverpool - SOLD OUT (305+ STH)

Southampton - SOLD OUT (General Sale) *moved to a Friday night

Burton Albion (League Cup) - SOLD OUT (360+ STH) *Tuesday night

Palace - SOLD OUT (Fox Members) - *moved to a Sunday/reduced allocation of 2,342.

Brighton - SOLD OUT (Fox Members)

Villa - SOLD OUT (310+ STH)*moved to a Sunday 2pm

Everton (League Cup) - SOLD OUT (General Sale) *Wednesday night

Manchester City - SOLD OUT (All STH) *moved to a Saturday 5:30pm

West Ham - SOLD OUT (Fox Members)*moved to a Saturday 5:30pm

Newcastle - SOLD OUT (General Sale)*moved to a Saturday 12:30pm - New Years Day

Burnley - SOLD OUT (Fox Members)*moved to a Sunday 2pm

Brentford (FA Cup) - SOLD OUT (350+ STH)

Villa (League Cup Semi Final) - SOLD OUT (310+ STH) *increased allocation 4,226

Wolves - SOLD OUT (Fox Members)*moved to a Friday Night

Norwich - SOLD OUT (Fox Members)*moved to a Friday Night

Watford - SOLD OUT (310+ STH)*moved to a Saturday 12:30pm

Everton - *moved to a Monday 8pm

Arsenal - *moved to a Saturday 5:30pm

Bournemouth - 

Tottenham - *1st visit to new ground

So far every away game we have played this season has sold out other than Newcastle in the League Cup 2nd Round. Only 4 games reached general sale (I know this is due to the club only putting matches with substantial amounts of tickets left on GS), two league cup games (Newcastle and Everton) and Southampton and Newcastle in the league. Members have been able to purchase tickets to 11 out of our 21 away matches to date, with the likelihood they will be able to get tickets to Everton out of the remaining four fixtures (potential FA Cup QF, Semi or Final excluded).

On 24/02/2020 at 13:49, Yes N'Didi said:

Newcastle United (League Cup) - General Sale - did NOT sell out *Wednesday night

Southampton - SOLD OUT (General Sale) *moved to a Friday night

Palace - SOLD OUT (Fox Members) - *moved to a Sunday/reduced allocation of 2,342.

Brighton - SOLD OUT (Fox Members)

Everton (League Cup) - SOLD OUT (General Sale) *Wednesday night

Newcastle - SOLD OUT (General Sale)*moved to a Saturday 12:30pm - New Years Day

Burnley - SOLD OUT (Fox Members)*moved to a Sunday 2pm

Wolves - SOLD OUT (Fox Members)*moved to a Friday Night

Norwich - SOLD OUT (Fox Members)*moved to a Friday Night

Watford - SOLD OUT (310+ STH)*moved to a Saturday 12:30pm

Bournemouth - 

So far every away game we have played this season has sold out other than Newcastle in the League Cup 2nd Round. Only 4 games reached general sale (I know this is due to the club only putting matches with substantial amounts of tickets left on GS), two league cup games (Newcastle and Everton) and Southampton and Newcastle in the league. Members have been able to purchase tickets to 11 out of our 21 away matches to date, with the likelihood they will be able to get tickets to Everton out of the remaining four fixtures (potential FA Cup QF, Semi or Final excluded).

A few minor additions to the above list ...

Southampton (A): We only took a reduced allocation of 2371.

Newcastle (A): Sold out, but I'm fairly sure the last block L7F (353 seats) wasn't opened.  ie we sold approx 2900 of the original 3263.

Watford (A): Officially sold out on 305+ STH according to club website, as there were a handful of tickets available on Wed 5/2/20.

Everton (A) League Cup: I'm fairly sure this was never released to General Sale.  It first sold out on 8th Dec, and was definitely not on general sale then,

The games not released to General Sale ("sold out" at Fox Members level) were as follows:

C. Palace

Brighton & HA

Everton (League Cup)

Burnley

Wolves

Norwich C

I believe we need to show these to give a correct indication of the selling pattern, and not just artificially "sold out" at members level.

Of the away games selling out to Members, it was only the West Ham away match that "genuinely" sold out on the first members day.

So I'd suggest an updated list as follows ...

Southampton - SOLD OUT (General Sale) *moved to a Friday night/reduced allocation of 2,371

Palace - SOLD OUT (Fox Members - no general sale) - *moved to a Sunday/reduced allocation of 2,342.

Brighton - SOLD OUT (Fox Members - no general sale)

Everton (League Cup) - SOLD OUT (Fox Members - no general sale) *Wednesday night

Newcastle - SOLD OUT (General Sale)*moved to a Saturday 12:30pm - New Years Day  *sold approx 2900 of 3263*

Burnley - SOLD OUT (Fox Members - no general sale)*moved to a Sunday 2pm

Wolves - SOLD OUT (Fox Members - no general sale)*moved to a Friday Night

Norwich - SOLD OUT (Fox Members - no general sale)*moved to a Friday Night

Watford - SOLD OUT (305+ STH)*moved to a Saturday 12:30pm

Bournemouth - 

Approx number.of tickets left after ST selling, and number of days until selling out, for those not released to General Sale:

C. Palace         260 left ( 6 days)
Brighton & HA   430 left (18 days)
Everton (L.Cup)    460 left (18 days)
Burnley           250 left ( 4 days)
Wolves          180 left ( 4 days)
Norwich C       320 left ( 9 days)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Excellent thread this. Good work @Yes N'Didi

Think we'll make it all sell outs bar that Newcastle in the cup. 

Everton wouldn't sell out if we took the full allocation for that upcoming game in April I don't think given its Monday night on the TV. Should sell the sub 2k though.

I'd like to see something similar to the old England cap system. 1 point for every home game attended and 2 for every away game. Have this on a 4 year rolling basis so it is possible for new members/season ticket holders to build up points.

This would also generate more interest in home cup fixtures as it's a chance to pick up points.

• Like 2