Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

V Newcastle Carabao Cup on Wednesday 28 August (7:45pm BST kick-off),

7 hours ago, FunkyFox93 said:

Anyone have any idea about parking?

Never been newcastles away before.

If you arrive after 5 you can park in almost all of the city council multi stories for free on weak days. Plenty less than 5 mins from the ground. Alternatively there's plenty of street parking around the hospital that won't set you back much 1/1.20 an hour up until 6:30 when its free and right near the stadium. Not sure whether there's any match day parking though as I live in walking distance. Hope this helps. 

Edited by peach0000
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, peach0000 said:

If you arrive after 5 you can park in almost all of the city council multi stories for free on weak days. Plenty less than 5 mins from the ground. Alternatively there's plenty of street parking around the hospital that won't set you back much 1/1.20 an hour up until 6:30 when its free and right near the stadium. Not sure whether there's any match day parking though as I live in walking distance. Hope this helps. 

Cheers mate. Thanks! 👍

1 hour ago, Muzzyfox6 said:

Any recommendations of pubs near the ground for a drink beforehand, as I have not done Newcastle away before? (Not the same as a league game but wanted to tick it off the list.)  

As the ground is in the city, the world is your oyster. Have a look at a Newcastle city map and pick your place. I hear there are a couple of sports bars right next to the ground that are OK with away fans.

Going to be a last minute decision to go to this or not, but the £10 price has me tempted. If the club are saying no tickets are to be sold by Newcastle on the day, does that mean if I wanted to buy a ticket tomorrow, I'd have to buy one on LCFC.com and it'd be in a sub ticket office waiting for me at the ground?

49 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Going to be a last minute decision to go to this or not, but the £10 price has me tempted. If the club are saying no tickets are to be sold by Newcastle on the day, does that mean if I wanted to buy a ticket tomorrow, I'd have to buy one on LCFC.com and it'd be in a sub ticket office waiting for me at the ground?

I have a spare ticket if you want one? £11

1 hour ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Sure they tweeted saying you had to buy online by 9am tomorrow. Or go down in person today.

So I guess yes you can purchase and then collect in Newcastle.

46 minutes ago, SamL said:

46 minutes ago, SamL said:

1 hour ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

I’m heading to the match and can meet you there if needed.

23 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

If anyone wants two tickets for this for free you can have them, I can't make it now because of work. 

And regards parking there is a pay and display opposite the ground behind the pub called the strawberry, can't get much closer and it's a quick exit 

37 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Thanks mate but I'd need two