Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

I'm fully wrapped up in a save now. I do realise now that seeking a gritty experience was great for a bit, but then hugely annoying. Long story short I started unemployed and applied for jobs as they came up. Got given job at Syrianska, completely cash strapped, 1 fit goalkeeper (15 years old), no left backs in entire squad, and zero money.

Was asked to keep them up - kept them up. 

My three best players, all frees I'd managed to get in, all three of them on £8 per week, rightly asked for a contract review, I agreed it, but the box on the first one was 'redded out', ie he can't have a pay rise. No way for me to say to him that we don't have the cash and the board won't sanction more wages, so he now thinks I've broken promises and the whole squad is now upset. Who knew the 17 year old clogger was so popular.

Hmmmph.

• Haha 1

Started conceding late goals.... all the time... what's that about?

I've changed nothing.

But even more strange is that two of them have come from set pieces where the first player wins the ball then it's flicked in real quick by someone who's stood in front of the goalkeeper but not offside. Really pisses me off.

Taken a break from my Krsko/Rapid Vienna/Leverkusen/Union Berlin/Schalke game to start a new adventure

Never had a successful save outside of Europe, certainly not one that lasted more than a few days or weeks but i'm packing my bags and heading off to Indonesia. If I said this was random i'd be lying, truth is I adopted a Bornean Orangutan a few months back and they are now my favourite animal ever, so it's given me this totally normal urge to find a club as close as possible to his nature reserve to lead to glory. My internet search history is full of attempt at finding clubs in the region of Lamandau, and copying/pasting about 20 clubs from Wikipedia on to Google Maps to see who was the closest. So 600km away..................... I found Persipar Kalimantan Tengah Putra Football Club, or Kalteng Putra for short if you're disrespectful and lazy. Even better their nickname is Enggang Borneo (Borneo Hornbills) I want to play in the 2nd tier, and this team play in the top tier however they are newly promoted and favourites for the drop. What i've done is start unemployed, and managed to bag the job halfway through the season after they sacked their manager. I will start at the end of the season, hopefully when they have been relegated.

I have actually managed in the Indonesian 2nd division before but again for like a day or two. It consisted of about 50 teams, about 40 of which beginning with the letter P and I guess my heart wasn't really in it. Seems they have bucked their ideas up, the 2nd tier is now split into two divisions of 12 sides. 22 game season, the top 4 in each qualify for play offs and from there I assume like a knockout round, and the winners go up. I'd love to understand it more however the stages page seems a bit broken and says the losers of the play off final are the ones who get promoted. It also says 10th and 11th get relegated and 12th stay up, and that 1st and 2nd place get no prize money but the rest do.

The club has a culture of signing Brazilian players, indeed the key player for Persipar Kalimantan Tengah Putra Football Club is "David", but looking at the rules for the 2nd tier we will be shipping him out at the end of the season as no non-Indonesian players are allowed in that division. Also intrigued the season starts in late June and ends in early December, so god knows what we're doing for the other 6 months of the year..

Obigatory pictures

220px-Kalteng_Putra_logo.svg.png

stadion-tuah-pahoe-berada-di-jalan-tjili

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Took Llanelli (pronounced chalneythhleiy) to the Gazprom groups after a play-off against Partizan that quite frankly aged me by 10 years. Drew Liverpool, Barca and RB Salzburg in the groups, lost all but one (home draw against Salzburg) but didn't disgrace myself in any apart from a 5-1 at Anfield.

The money it's given me is obscene but I'm actively looking for other jobs because I fancy a new challenge, head and shoulders the best side in the country now – best players getting poached by Npower League 2 Mansfield gives you an inkling of where this division sits though. 

So I had a season with Leicester which didn't quite go to plan, finished 12th in the League, knocked out the FA Cup by Brentford, Won the Carabao Cup. Ultimately the board were not satisfied and sacked me.

Updated the game for the Winter Transfers and I will now give it another go, this time I have an up to date squad at least

• 1 month later...
On 05/01/2021 at 10:12, RonnieTodger said:

Incredible first season, but got bugger all to spend in the Championship and half my players were on loan. Gonna be tough.

8c31d4ec-04ac-43f5-a18f-b0fe90f35be8.jpg

You started Championship season yet? I have just started my 4th consecutive Championship season with Chesterfield (I had a good first season and finished 13th).

I might have posted this before but I didn't see much of a difference between Non League and League Two but once I got to League One, and then obviously the Championship, I started coming up against teams who actually played good football.

Still, 4 consecutive years in the Championship has brought us the money in plus my transfer dealings. We improved training facilities and built up the ground too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

You started Championship season yet? I have just started my 4th consecutive Championship season with Chesterfield (I had a good first season and finished 13th).

I might have posted this before but I didn't see much of a difference between Non League and League Two but once I got to League One, and then obviously the Championship, I started coming up against teams who actually played good football.

Still, 4 consecutive years in the Championship has brought us the money in plus my transfer dealings. We improved training facilities and built up the ground too.

Good stuff mate. 

Yeah, I've only done 6 games, we're 12th at the minute. Blown two leads in stoppage time against Stoke and Leeds. Competing well against most teams, but West Ham and Watford were head and shoulders above. West Ham signed Thomas Meunier and I've got Jamie Hanson at RB lol 

Managed to get a couple of good loans in, so kicked the can down the round a bit, hoping I get more money next season! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Good stuff mate. 

Yeah, I've only done 6 games, we're 12th at the minute. Blown two leads in stoppage time against Stoke and Leeds. Competing well against most teams, but West Ham and Watford were head and shoulders above. West Ham signed Thomas Meunier and I've got Jamie Hanson at RB lol 

Managed to get a couple of good loans in, so kicked the can down the round a bit, hoping I get more money next season! 

Yeah that's the trouble on mine top 6 are all head and shoulders. They spend massive money too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not actually sure what's happened to my side... in a good way. Was doing okay at the start of the season then had a slump in Nov/Dec (which usually happens!) and got dumped out of the FA Cup (3rd round) by League One Colchester.... I signed 3 loan players (goalkeeper from Bayern, winger from Chelsea, midfielder from Liverpool) and ever since those 3 come in my form has ridiculously improved. I am now in April (only a couple games remaining of the season) and have lost 2 games since these players joined in January. 

Is that a coincidence? Or can players, albeit good players and better than what I had, have that much of an impact? It's as if all my players have just risen to them joining. My striker, who usually gets between 11 and 14 a season, is currently on 20 goals. I just beat Sheffield United 7-0 lol 

I have just missed out on the players but I'm more worried that next season it's gonna go to shit again. I need to re-sign those 3 loan players because their clubs won't sell them (I can't actually afford the midfielder from Liverpool, he's worth about 15m).

Edited by Fox92