Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

Interesting about it being "optimised" for Google Stadia. So might not need to go and buy a new laptop (if I understand it correctly)?

I might (will) buy the Touch version I think. Not played the full fat version for several years now. Touch suits me fine (although I've barely played that either for several months).

Edited by stripeyfox

18 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Announcement trailer was released yesterday

Going to be quite tempted by a save with Bolton, maybe Bury depending on what happens with them in the game

I have it on good authority (A friend of mine works for SI and has worked on the game) that Bury WON'T be in the game. They're obviously included at the moment, but are expected to be removed before the release of the game.

Hmmm... I didn't buy it last year, but randomly started a Coventry save on FM18 the other day, which I'm battering.

Problem is, I actually do productive stuff when I don't have a Football Manager.

Depends what features they add. There hasn't really been any meaningful additions for years now, so I'll probably pass.

Tried FM 19 but returned to FM18. I’m in 2024 and won the premier league twice in a row with Coventry. Temporarily at Villa park as they are expanding the Coventry City Stadium (moved from Ricoh 2 seasons ago) - new capacity will be 56k. Not won champions league yet, that’s my aim!!

On 29/08/2019 at 14:00, RoboFox said:

Hmmm... I didn't buy it last year, but randomly started a Coventry save on FM18 the other day, which I'm battering.

Problem is, I actually do productive stuff when I don't have a Football Manager.

Depends what features they add. There hasn't really been any meaningful additions for years now, so I'll probably pass.

On 31/08/2019 at 10:59, ThurmastonFox said:

Tried FM 19 but returned to FM18. I’m in 2024 and won the premier league twice in a row with Coventry. Temporarily at Villa park as they are expanding the Coventry City Stadium (moved from Ricoh 2 seasons ago) - new capacity will be 56k. Not won champions league yet, that’s my aim!!

lol I'm Coventry too. Got offered the job though. I started as Chesterfield and probably will on FM20.

• Haha 1

On 03/09/2019 at 07:26, Fox1970 said:

The only reason I could bring myself to manage Coventry on FM would be to deliberately screw them up and send them plummeting to the Lutterworth and District Sunday League. 

Forever. 

Just hold off buying one until about FM 2025, job done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure what to do on the next game, I think Greece is the only nation i've never managed in at all (i've done others to more of an extent than others)

Austria: Premier Division, First Division. - Salzburg going back to about FM 2009 with that one

Belarus: Highest League, First League. - BATE and some random 2nd tier side

Belgium: Pro League, Second League, Third Division. - Charleroi and Anderlecht

Bulgaria: A Group, B Group. - Ludogorets

Croatia: First Division, Second Division. - Hajduk

Czech Republic: First Division, Second Division. - Sparta Prague/Viktoria Zizkov

Denmark: Superliga, First Division, Second Division. - Aab many moons ago

England: Premier Division, Sky Bet Championship, Sky Bet League 1, Sky Bet League 2, National League, National North/South. - rubbish

Finland: Premier League, First Division. -  SJK

France: Ligue 1, Ligue 2, National, CFA. - Nancy

Germany: First Division, Second Division, Third Division. - Bayern on a legacy save

Greece: Superleague, National B Division. - Think I lie, may have been Iraklis in the 2nd tier for an entire day

Hungary: Division I, Division II. - Puskas Academy

Iceland: Premier Division, First Division. - Filmlikafelag Hafnarjurdar (sp)

Ireland: Premier Division, First Division. - doesn't count

Israel: Premier League, National League. - Hapoel Haifa

Italy: Serie A, Serie B, Serie C1, Serie C2. - can't really remember, Inter on a legacy save though

Netherlands: Eredivisie, Jupiler League. - MVV 2nd tier

Northern Ireland: Danske Bank Premier, Belfast Telegraph C1, Belfast Telegraph C2. - doesn't count but Queens University and Police force of NI

Norway: Premier Division, First Division, Second Division. - Rosenborg

Poland: Ekstraklasa, First Division. - Wisla Krakow

Portugal: Premier League, Second League, National Championship. - Sporting Lisbon

Romania: Liga I, Second Division. - Rapid Bucharest (RIP)

Russia: Premier Division, First Division. Dinamo Moscow

Scotland: scottish Premiership, scottish Championship, scottish League 1, scottish League 2. - doesnt count

Serbia: Superleague, First League. (oops, missed this one.) TRAYAL KRUSEVAC

Slovakia: First Division, Second Division. - Trencin

Slovenia: First League, Second League. - Maribor

Spain: Liga BBVA, Liga Adalente, Second Division B - Real Madrid and some holiday destination club, Tenerife perhaps.

Sweden: Premier Division, First Division Elite, First Division, Second Division. - Brommapojkarna

Switzerland: Super League, Challenge League. - Vaduz

Turkey: Spor Toto Super League, PTT 1. League, Spor Toto 2. League. (Rizespor)

Ukraine: Premier League, First League. (Dnipro a long time ago)

Wales: Welsh Premier League. - doesn't count

Went a different route this year with Trayal (taking a small club to the top for the first time) as opposed to my usual take a big club back to the top like Dinamo Moscow/Rapid Bucharest. Tempted to give Israel or Denmark another go, or a 2nd/3rd tier side at a bigger nation like Portugal. Would like to be able to crack a non European save but just can't lol OHL a possibility with our links but I hate the Belgian league. Any big clubs starting again in a lower league? Are the Dnipro in the Ukraine Premier League the old Dnipro?

Edited by Walkers

Be interesting to know if you can actually properly screw up a club. I am tempted to just throw in a manager that signs some contracts with absolutely ridiculous clauses in them that will eventually see the club in total disarray, like handing a 30 year old a new 5 year deal with a 25% yearly wage rise or something.

Surely match highest earner clause is the best way to do this actually, throw it into all the youth players contracts then give someone crap a ridiculous wage lol 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Be interesting to know if you can actually properly screw up a club. I am tempted to just throw in a manager that signs some contracts with absolutely ridiculous clauses in them that will eventually see the club in total disarray, like handing a 30 year old a new 5 year deal with a 25% yearly wage rise or something.

Surely match highest earner clause is the best way to do this actually, throw it into all the youth players contracts then give someone crap a ridiculous wage lol 

I used to enjoy doing this to arsenal every time i started a new game 😂😂 sell the good players and buy all of Leicester’s crap 😂😂 Edited one and was Sam Marino manager won the euros as managed to edit all their players to be ridiculously good 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's that kind of thing @Md9 but I mean is there a way you can actually do it without cheating with the editor? That would actually be quite funny to watch lol

I wouldn't do it to a club to cheat, just to observe the perish.

You can just add another manager into the game and then whichever team you dislike the most at that moment use them to just ruin them 😂😂 offer the players out for less than their value until they are left with all rubbish buy more rubbish from the teams you are and out everyone on the highest longest contract 😂😂 actually making me want to play fm 19 now just to ruin some one maybe spurs 😂😂