Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

On 08/09/2020 at 18:04, Stadt said:

Won the quintuple at San Lorenzo, my best ever season on any fm. 4/5 done on the pentagon challenge. Want the Atletico or Valencia job so it's a bit of a challenge. Only have Spain loaded in Europe

574070613_Screenshot2020-09-08at17_59_31.thumb.png.f09c99df6672f1bb38c845f399eaea0f.png1251792869_Screenshot2020-09-08at18_00_32.thumb.png.bbcc6b8e7ecb0a0af78e7617c25a99d1.png

That is some effort!

I'm guessing by now a lot of the best players in the game are just regens or whatever>?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

442 with very few instructions, play to your teams strengths and try to minimise their weaknesses.

Typically with a 442 most use one ST on attack one on support, have one wide player on attack going beyond the supporting striker. One support and one defend in midfield. Balanced is a under appreciated mentality imo

Tactical style though? Always used gegenpress and its worked well in the past but not here, don't see any others that seem ideal. 

Thanks btw

I've never used balanced before my Annan / Aberdeen save - always been either positive or attacking and found myself getting a good pumping every now and then but I loved the goddam relentless nature of the attack, but by god I've been radicalised to the balanced system. Always in games, even the ones I lose. Perfect for midtable sides, I've found. I think I've exclusively played 4-2-3-1 (two CMs and an AM) on that sweet ass gegenpress

2 hours ago, Walkers said:

Tactical style though? Always used gegenpress and its worked well in the past but not here, don't see any others that seem ideal. 

Thanks btw

I always just use my own. Too many instructions (tactical styles have far too many imo) limit players too much and make play too rigid 

4 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

That is some effort!

I'm guessing by now a lot of the best players in the game are just regens or whatever>?

Probably 80% regens. At San Lorenzo my top scorer and assister was a real player but most of my squad are under 25 so are generated. Played Man City in the club World Cup and they had a ridiculously good team, there storming regens and then Mbappe on the wing 

Spent the afternoon trying to form another Nuklearci squad after a pretty poor ending to last season. Still managed to finish 5th and achieve our top half target on the back of winning 3 of our last 4. We play 21 out of our 30 games before the winter break, then play our remaining 9 games in a 14 week period from mid Feb-mid May which is weird to say the least. Won 11, drew 10 and lost 9 so pretty average.

I'm now spoilt in defence, having had only 3 defenders when I arrived. Had major issues trying to find some wide midfielders so i've had to loan 3 players, to add to the 5 loan players i've already got lol Only have one foriegner now so don't have to worry about the "1 only" rule. I had one very good player in my intake, bagged a few goals in pre-season despite being played out of position. Olimpija were interested but i've managed to convince the kid (on £25 p/w originally) from wanting a non-contract, to a 3 year £40p/w contract with the option of another year) lol

Finances are looking very good too. Walked in a year ago and we were right on our budget, our budget has slightly increased in the summer to 4.7k but we're spending over 1k less than last year at 3k and a loft 16k to spend.

Pre-season was alright, not yet convinced the formation is working but haven't yet played my strongest team and some players still don't fit it perfectly. Add to that a very difficult start to the season (Domzale got relegated, thought they were one of the better sides in Slovenia...) and drawing the only top tier side in the QUALIFIYING ROUND for the Slovenian Cup. Not sure I have the patience for another transition year so will probably be open to looking around other jobs if this doesn't work out. All in all I think i've done better than I was expected to so far

Edited by Walkers

Major drama on the last day beckons.

1st Triglav 59pts (Up as champions)

2nd Gorica 58pts (Play off spot)

3rd Krsko 55pts (Come back next season...)

4th Domzale 55pts

Gorica vs Triglav

Dravograd (11th) vs Krsko

Positions are sorted on head to head. I have a better H2H with Gorica, so a win for me and a defeat for Gorica sees me 2nd. Not sure what Domzale hold over Gorica but they're irrelevant for my situation really.

Absolute ****ing bottle jobs. Played 10 men for an hour, took the lead in the 55th min which coincided with Triglav scoring two quick goals. We then concede, do **** all for the rest of the match. ****ing shite

Edited by Walkers

What is wrong with attacking midfielders. I swear I could have the game's best attacking midfielder and he'd still be shit for me.

* central/behind the striker I mean.

Edited by Fox92
clarification

On 13/09/2020 at 16:41, Walkers said:

4th Domzale 55pts

Gorica vs Triglav

Positions are sorted on head to head. I have a better H2H with Gorica, so a win for me and a defeat for Gorica sees me 2nd. Not sure what Domzale hold over Gorica but they're irrelevant for my situation really.

Absolute ****ing bottle jobs. Played 10 men for an hour, took the lead in the 55th min which coincided with Triglav scoring two quick goals. We then concede, do **** all for the rest of the match. ****ing shite

Last go at this now. Signed a contract extension 6 months ago to the end of the 3rd season where they are (quite enthusiasticly) expecting the title. I'll possibly sign a new contract if they were to offer me one and I don't get promoted... if not i'll look elsewhere. Should have done enough to get me a 1st division job.. or could look at opportunities in Austria/Croatia.

Spent way too many hours today again re-building my squad, lots of loan players again and some good freebies. Definitely improved the squad and possibly have a bit too much depth now particularly upfront.

Ok I know I moan a lot but attacking throw ins? They don't listen to instructions. I keep back 4 players but when I actually have a throw in, apart from 2 centre backs, everybody else goes forward. Clearly not what instructions say.

I concede all the time through this and it's so frustrating. 

Surely can't be down to mentality because I can go cautious and the same thing happen.

Edited by Fox92

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Ok I know I moan a lot but attacking throw ins? They don't listen to instructions. I keep back 4 players but when I actually have a throw in, apart from 2 centre backs, everybody else goes forward. Clearly not what instructions say.

I concede all the time through this and it's so frustrating. 

Surely can't be down to mentality because I can go cautious and the same thing happen.

Dunno but i'm bored of this now. Got off to a great start, free-shooting and somewhat free scoring winning 4 of my first 6, now I have a record of 8 wins and 10 draws from 18 and back in the rut of struggling to score/create chances. (yes im undefeated but i'd happily split my 10 draws into 5 wins/losses.

And whats worse is that its always floating around "Krsko are in great form" "Let's keep this run going!" We've won 4 in 13. It's nothing to be ****ing proud of

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 1

On 13/09/2020 at 16:41, Walkers said:

4th Domzale 55pts

Gorica vs Triglav

Here we go again. Spookily very similar to last season, its 1st vs 2nd on the last day with 3rd 3pts behind behind 2nd. This time however i'm in 1st, and 3rd place Brda have a worse H2H record with Domzale so the top 2 are sorted im sure, it's just sorting who goes up as Champions and who goes into the play offs

1st Krkso 62pts

2nd Domzale 61pts

3rd Brda 58pts

Finally lost my 27th game, first in about 30 leagues games, with a shocking performance which coincided with it being my first game I could have clinched promotion so that doesn't bode well with regards to their nerves.

I've lost twice at home in 44 games in the league, both in the first season, now is not the time to make this 3 lol

Edited by Walkers

THE NUCLEAR BOYS ARE ON THEIR WAY TO THE SLOVENIAN FIRST DIVISION! Comfortable 3-0 win against Domzale, back to our best. Upgraded training facilities on the way in a few months time and also going professional in a matter of weeks. We're gonna lose our affiliation with Maribor which means I wanted to get our 3 loanees nailed down for another season for free but they've all said no :/ Might change if and when they realise we're a top division side now although I think that will coincide with our link terminating. 9 players on loan last season, 6 regular starters so we really need to try and transition into being much less reliant on those. Our u19s have massively improved finishing 2nd but there's still nobody pushing on the first team door. Next season is also our centenary year so thats cool. Gonna be another year of steadily improving our backroom staff with our aim simply to stay up.. I don't think there will be much difference in quality though in the middle/lower top flight

4DA86A46DEEE85698CE62AD86351F9AED5B88AEE

End of season meeting where I declared my aim next season is to stay up is greeted with an immediate resignation of 16 of my players saying we have no chance of staying up, nice one

Edited by Walkers

Started a new save as Lyon. Their youth teams have unreal quality, the amount of players they sell each year for big money whilst still remaining competitive is crazy. I'm top of the league with a 10 point gap, after a third of the season. PSG had a schocking start but are picking up points now. Tough Champions League draw with Real and juve so not sure how that will end but we've still got a chance of getting through.

I tried starting a game last night and it was such a tedious experience. I don't want to be a member of the admin staff or coaching team, or the academy boss, I want to sign players and play games. 30 mins in and I hadn't even got past the introductions or started the pre-season. 

I don't think it's the game for me. I'll give the touch version a go but I'm not holding out any hopes. 

10 hours ago, The Bear said:

I tried starting a game last night and it was such a tedious experience. I don't want to be a member of the admin staff or coaching team, or the academy boss, I want to sign players and play games. 30 mins in and I hadn't even got past the introductions or started the pre-season. 

I don't think it's the game for me. I'll give the touch version a go but I'm not holding out any hopes. 

Similar experience for myself last night. If you can get past that first half an hour / hour then it does become much less tedious and you can start playing the game your way and it seems to flow really well.

On 16/09/2020 at 21:37, Walkers said:

THE NUCLEAR BOYS ARE ON THEIR WAY TO THE SLOVENIAN FIRST DIVISION! Comfortable 3-0 win against Domzale, back to our best. Upgraded training facilities on the way in a few months time and also going professional in a matter of weeks. We're gonna lose our affiliation with Maribor which means I wanted to get our 3 loanees nailed down for another season for free but they've all said no :/ Might change if and when they realise we're a top division side now although I think that will coincide with our link terminating. 9 players on loan last season, 6 regular starters so we really need to try and transition into being much less reliant on those. Our u19s have massively improved finishing 2nd but there's still nobody pushing on the first team door. Next season is also our centenary year so thats cool. Gonna be another year of steadily improving our backroom staff with our aim simply to stay up.. I don't think there will be much difference in quality though in the middle/lower top flight

4DA86A46DEEE85698CE62AD86351F9AED5B88AEE

End of season meeting where I declared my aim next season is to stay up is greeted with an immediate resignation of 16 of my players saying we have no chance of staying up, nice one

Finished 2nd in my first season in the top fligth, a fair bit off Maribor but a similar gap to 3rd place Olimpija. In my first 3 years i'd picked up what must have been about 15 injuries in total, most of which weren't serious at all. This season despite changing nothing with training, tactics or coaching, i'm literally picking up atleast 1 injury a week, sometimes two. Most of which im training. Why?

Also disappointed that 2nd place gets me into second round qualifying for the new Europa League 2. I've no idea how this new competition works but seriously?

Edited by Walkers

On 18/09/2020 at 20:55, The Bear said:

You can delegate virtually everything you're not arsed about which can trim the game down a bit if you're after something for children heh heh hehhhhhhh

I got into it a little more once I got the basics out the way. 

Though signing players is tough. The prices are just ridiculous. A decent youngster with a value of less than £5m and the clubs are asking for £50m+!!

Plus there are too many wage clauses. Subs bench clause? WTF? Wage rise after so many games played? Stupid. 

• Like 2

Yep lol

8D4F323ACFB3F0C49242C087666D7BDD70300DF3

Gone against my usual beliefs and also paid him x2 what anyone else is on, but all in all I think this is more than worth it with experience/kit sales etc.etc.

He wanted 1.1k but lowered him to 825 with a few bollocks promises like matching highest earner (he retires next summer, I ain't paying anyone that much in the next 12 months), wage increase after 30 games played (also not likely to happen)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1