Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

Left Krsko at the end of the season. Finished 4th which is a drop from 2nd last season, had a stronger squad this season but it just stunk for some reason. Transfer budget significantly increased though i'm not too sure why. That bollocks next European competition called "Euro Cup II" was my reward for finishing 2nd. The 2nd qualifying round at that. So no Europa League places for any Slovenian sides, what a ****ing joke. Made my mind up I was going to leave anyway and wanted a job in Austria, 8 months out of the game and i've nabbed the job at Rapid Vienna just in time for the start of their relegation group campaign. They seem to really have fallen, competing in the league seems enough for the board. Will continue to build here and look to move to Germany (probably to another team in green)

Aint been on for a bit, so started a save this afternoon with Velez Mostar in Bosnia, cool name, no decent players and a challenge of ultimately toppling the money men of Sarajevo. Predicted to drop but hopefully snag a mid-table place and build from there. Have only set up the side and hired some staff so far, desperately need some wingers.

Here's a pic of their ground (in @Walkers style)

vrapcici.jpg

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Aint been on for a bit, so started a save this afternoon with Velez Mostar in Bosnia, cool name, no decent players and a challenge of ultimately toppling the money men of Sarajevo. Predicted to drop but hopefully snag a mid-table place and build from there. Have only set up the side and hired some staff so far, desperately need some wingers.

Here's a pic of their ground (in @Walkers style)

vrapcici.jpg

Well it certainly passes the scenery check

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

The trick is getting them not to shoot.

Seriously though I've clearly been too defensive without realising it despite having formations that aren't particularly defensive. I can only assume I have too many people on support and not attack, but even when I've fiddled with it and extra team instructions it makes no difference 

For example last season I had conceded 6 goals from 18 games. All seasons before I've conceded less than a goal a game

Edited by Walkers

So really what point are you making? Because i'm close to binning the game off for another 8 months. 2 goals in 6 games, barely ever attack. 2 last minute goals conceded and i'm already facing the sack after 6 games because i've not been able to walk into a team who hadn't won in 10 into world beaters

To top it off i've just drew a game 0-0 that had zero key highlights in the entire match. Im ****ing bored

Edited by Walkers

For the record I went on holiday for my next match when 3 points adrift at the bottom with 3 games left, my first holiday day ever in almost 6 years... Came back to a news item saying the opposition were now safe from relegation and that Rapid Vienna are now confirmed to finish in their lowest position ever... But we'd won 1-0. Won the next one 3-0 and stayed up. Next season has been a lot better sitting 2nd after 8 games and conceding 4 goals. My players hate me though for some reason 

On 20/09/2020 at 15:03, The Bear said:

I got into it a little more once I got the basics out the way. 

Though signing players is tough. The prices are just ridiculous. A decent youngster with a value of less than £5m and the clubs are asking for £50m+!!

Plus there are too many wage clauses. Subs bench clause? WTF? Wage rise after so many games played? Stupid. 

It's mental. I haven't managed a PL club on any version for ages but I took the Leicester job about a month back and the transfer fees and wages are stupid. When I first joined Leicester it was November, they'd signed Ings (who's about 33) for 31m and he's on 110k a week yet not even registered to play haha.

Also why is it when you want to sell a player the computer bids something stupid like 5m instead of 15m yet if I wanted a 15m player the computer would want 50m..

I did save the game as and, at first, I was tempted to go back to my old save at Chesterfield but I'm sticking with this now I've got to the summer. Hopefully can ship some out and get some in.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

It's mental. I haven't managed a PL club on any version for ages but I took the Leicester job about a month back and the transfer fees and wages are stupid. When I first joined Leicester it was November, they'd signed Ings (who's about 33) for 31m and he's on 110k a week yet not even registered to play haha.

Also why is it when you want to sell a player the computer bids something stupid like 5m instead of 15m yet if I wanted a 15m player the computer would want 50m..

I did save the game as and, at first, I was tempted to go back to my old save at Chesterfield but I'm sticking with this now I've got to the summer. Hopefully can ship some out and get some in.

I've seen players in the slums of Slovenia/Slovakia/Hungary (now that I'm at Rapid Vienna) who are on peanuts right now yet when you get into contract negotiations with you they want north of 15k which they're not worth at all. I'm a step up from where they are you'd think they'd be a bit more reasonable. 

Also agents who put tiny non negotiable minimum fee release clauses can jog on

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 1

And another thing that is just ridiculous, my GK who appears to be a bit of a Schmeichel (been here ages, seems to be a team leader) has always hated me, had the teams support on that when I literally have no idea what i've done... so in the middle of our purple patch i've been told he is unhappy with my failure to improve the level of support I ahve from my squad and is reaching the point of seriously having to consider his future if I remain in charge. How the **** am I meant to deal with this? We're massively overperforming, generally being nice in team talks??

Okay 5 days later he says he trusts me again having gained more support from the squad... still ridiculous though

Edited by Walkers

The same player has rallied some of his teammates to come and meet me because he hates me again for no reason. Some clubs then come in and bid for him, I accept Olympiakos' bid, he doesn't want to join them, I persuade him to, the board then blocks the transfer as they feel we could get more money for him, I appeal it and then stand firm and say no. I then offer him to clubs and a few more come in, all below the boards target value of 500k, so I rejected because of that and also because those teams want me to pay 50% of his wages, and now he's moaning at ME again for blocking a move lol

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Walkers said:

The same player has rallied some of his teammates to come and meet me because he hates me again for no reason. Some clubs then come in and bid for him, I accept Olympiakos' bid, he doesn't want to join them, I persuade him to, the board then blocks the transfer as they feel we could get more money for him, I appeal it and then stand firm and say no. I then offer him to clubs and a few more come in, all below the boards target value of 500k, so I rejected because of that and also because those teams want me to pay 50% of his wages, and now he's moaning at ME again for blocking a move lol

Proper annoys me when board block it. Fair play they think they can get more but I'd rather fvck a player off who wants to leave.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Proper annoys me when board block it. Fair play they think they can get more but I'd rather fvck a player off who wants to leave.

He's my 1st and easily best choice keeper sadly, he's joining besiktas at the end of the season for 450k so that's good. Would happily chuck him with the kids but no can do. Also had 2 players who wanted to leave last June and kicked off because of something I must have said, but they were out of contract in four ****ing weeks, they had the hump because I wouldn't let them go???? And had a 32yo in the winter want to go out on loan, offered him to clubs, no interest, kicked off because it never materialised, then kicked off at me and accused me of lying when I said no one wanted him, so he's now with the kids. Players are weird 

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 1

Finished 2nd. Won manager of the season while my twat of a GK won the GK of the season lol

I am doing a story on here if anyone was ever bored enough to read a less angry version of life in Vienna (and before in Slovenia)

https://fm-base.co.uk/threads/nuklearci-the-nuclear-boys-of-slovenia.164078/

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 1

Weird season thus far. Had a stupidly easily Euro Cup II run, beating Aris (Greece), Rio Ave (Portugal) and Nitra (Slovakia) in the qualifiers and then Slovan Bratislava, Mechelen (Belgium) and Astana (Kazakhstan) in the group, 16pts from 18. Team who tops the group skips the first knockout round apparently, and then I lose 2-1 on agg to AZ Alkmaar despite absolutely and utterly whopping them over both legs ffs

As far as the league goes, Austria Vienna won like 16 of their first 18 games, then lose their 3 of their last 4. The league has just split, Rapid Vienna 55 Salzburg 54 and Austria Vienna 53pts has turned into 27, 27 and 26pt. Also have the Cup final against Salzburg in a few weeks. Decent league system in Austria tbf, nothing too congested besides from a few bollocks cup matches that were played on a Tuesday despite playing in the league the Sunday before, with my next game the Sunday after..

Highlight being a 10-0 win away at Mattersburg who aren't even that bad a side, godknows where that came from lol

On 23/09/2020 at 15:39, Walkers said:

So really what point are you making? Because i'm close to binning the game off for another 8 months. 2 goals in 6 games, barely ever attack. 2 last minute goals conceded and i'm already facing the sack after 6 games because i've not been able to walk into a team who hadn't won in 10 into world beaters

To top it off i've just drew a game 0-0 that had zero key highlights in the entire match. Im ****ing bored

Was more a jibe at the infuriatingly bad finishing to be honest lol 

The one on ones are terrible. They aren't this bad in real life.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Was more a jibe at the infuriatingly bad finishing to be honest lol 

The one on ones are terrible. They aren't this bad in real life.

Oh yeah whenever I see a player one on one I just turn away knowing the outcome already. Just like how when a highlight starts in open play, there's such a thing as going forwards to quickly as you're not likely to score unless it's over 15 seconds long

On 26/09/2020 at 00:32, Walkers said:

Finished 2nd. Won manager of the season while my twat of a GK won the GK of the season lol

I am doing a story on here if anyone was ever bored enough to read a less angry version of life in Vienna (and before in Slovenia)

https://fm-base.co.uk/threads/nuklearci-the-nuclear-boys-of-slovenia.164078/

Season 8 is now there

10 hours ago, Walkers said:

Oh yeah whenever I see a player one on one I just turn away knowing the outcome already. Just like how when a highlight starts in open play, there's such a thing as going forwards to quickly as you're not likely to score unless it's over 15 seconds long

Lol yeah any attacking move that starts too close to the opposition box is more likely you conceding on the counter because your player crossed it, it got blocked by a defender and that "block" ballooned about sixty yards back and now their striker with 5 finishing is one on one and he WILL score.