Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

New Deal For Youngster Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Yeah but to be fair he didn’t look this good in the u23s and it seemed like he spent ages there. I didn’t think he warranted a loan. Many here didn’t notice him either. Whereas Barnes looked shit hot in the u23s from more or less day one.

I would say that with how our u23's are set out that it would be difficult for any player to shine enough to get loan moves particularly when they are by definition too old and managed by a management structure that keeps them from getting experience and being loaned out at a younger age therefore knowing whether they will or won't make it. Inefficient for club and player.

Barnes wasnt shit hot in the u23's either, he was no better nor stood out more than the likes of KDH and choudhury or thomas.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

I would say that with how our u23's are set out that it would be difficult for any player to shine enough to get loan moves particularly when they are by definition too old and managed by a management structure that keeps them from getting experience and being loaned out at a younger age therefore knowing whether they will or won't make it. Inefficient for club and player.

Barnes wasnt shit hot in the u23's either, he was no better nor stood out more than the likes of KDH and choudhury or thomas.

Totally agree with that! 

He never really stood out for me as shit hot in our U23s and ive been watching him for years......but what is becoming apparent to me is that the gulf between top players at U23 level and senior PL football is not as wide as senior players and management would like us to believe. Plenty of examples now of managers showing greater faith in younger players and their faith being rewarded (lampard, klopp, Solksjaer and Rodgers included)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Could he replace Hamza in the squad next season? There were rumours last window that Hamza was potentially looking to move on to get more game time I believe.

....that could be an option, perhaps an option I would like to see as Hamza is never going to be Hamza here!!!

If KDH can step up like he has, why not make that next step. He is playing a more advanced attacking role, not the way he has been developed in the U23s, where he was the stable force hanging outside the box directing and attempting to influence play.What we are seeing is not the same player or better put, KDH with a different mindset.

With the U23s we have a set up that works to a degree and has been successful over the years, what we are not is Sandhurst and that to a point is where we tend to fall down. There seems to be a lack of development in respect of personal growth and a program which empowers the player to be the best they can be.

You can so easily become pigeon holed into something or someone that other people view you to be, it happens in families and you tend to fit in that role and become that person.

Sometime you need to leave home to find the person you should be, whoever moves on to pastures new, good luck to them.

5 hours ago, rachhere said:

I thought he did the half season before he went to Blackpool. I recall he was made captain then? He really seemed to rise to that challenge and became the one who was controlling games for us. 

Yeah. To be honest I didn’t watch his season just before he went out on loan. But the seasons or so before that he looked average. He honestly got better in the u23s.

5 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

He did quite well to win the Development Squad Player Of The Year Award with not looking that good there then...

As above. He kicked on well in the u23s. But at the start, and he was there since 2016, he really wasn’t impressing—to the point where I’m not sure how many clubs would have wanted him. Fair play to him for the improvement (...and the academy staff :ph34r:)

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I can’t agree about Barnes in the u23s. He was a joy to watch. It was only him and Hamza that stood out.