Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

New Deal For Youngster Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

On 17/08/2020 at 11:26, Foxy-Lady said:

Think the same thing could be said about Marcos Rashford's introduction at ManUre....and that didnt work out too badly!

Sometimes it takes a lucky break to force coaches to give young players a chance and then realise that for some, the step up through the glass ceiling is not as big as folk would have you believe 

Exact same thing happened to Kieran Tierney at us, he was third choice LB for the development squad and on a 1 year deal when he got a chance with us due to injury and nt making the development squad who were away playing a game when the first team LB got injured.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

lol facepalm! I never realised he was out on loan! How is he doing? Just checked and it's Luton rignt.

They are going bonkers about him, read Nathan Jones post match comments from Tuesday its quite unusual to hear a manager be that glowing about a player. Got MoTM 2 games on the spin, just needs to get the goals and assists flowing like he did at Blackpool last season and he'll be in fine fettle. I must admit he's surprised me, a year ago I'd never have thought he was good enough for this level but there's potential for him to become a PL player its just whether he should stay with us or work his way here with a club that will build a side around him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

They are going bonkers about him, read Nathan Jones post match comments from Tuesday its quite unusual to hear a manager be that glowing about a player. Got MoTM 2 games on the spin, just needs to get the goals and assists flowing like he did at Blackpool last season and he'll be in fine fettle. I must admit he's surprised me, a year ago I'd never have thought he was good enough for this level but there's potential for him to become a PL player its just whether he should stay with us or work his way here with a club that will build a side around him.

Good stuff, good to see him doing well, a bit of a late developer it seems as like you say I thought he'd have missed the boat n being an EPL player at Leicester anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobHawk said:

Both him and knight are showing they can cope with that level and aren't far away from being at a level to be a part of our squad. Problem is, getting into the team is a much bigger step than (see Hamza) but I'd like both to be given a chance next year.

I hope there all given good and prolonged chances. As much as the mere name spikes the cortisol levels in some posters here, Puel gave Hamza a massively unexpected chance and persisted with Chilwell. Barnes pretty much demanded inclusion however in a position where we really needed someone. Bren has used Thomas plenty and has persisted with Justin when some fans were getting on his back. Knight, I think, could get some games in a back three. KDH will have to get past Maddison, Tielemans and Praet which will be a tall order.

• Like 1

On 26/11/2020 at 05:02, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Exact same thing happened to Kieran Tierney at us, he was third choice LB for the development squad and on a 1 year deal when he got a chance with us due to injury and nt making the development squad who were away playing a game when the first team LB got injured.

That is absolutely mad. I think for us Luke Thomas is that guy, he probably would have been another 2/3 years and possibly a loan away before getting a first team cap in normal circumstances.  

Our own Muzzy often struggled to get game time for chelsea reserves... despite almost certainly being a mile ahead of those in the squad. Their loss was certainly our gain. 

Its so important that you have the right person in charge of the youth teams, because so many fall through the cracks because a manager has his favorite's, even at youth levels

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

That is absolutely mad. I think for us Luke Thomas is that guy, he probably would have been another 2/3 years and possibly a loan away before getting a first team cap in normal circumstances.  

Our own Muzzy often struggled to get game time for chelsea reserves... despite almost certainly being a mile ahead of those in the squad. Their loss was certainly our gain. 

Its so important that you have the right person in charge of the youth teams, because so many fall through the cracks because a manager has his favorite's, even at youth levels

Couldn't agree more.

• 3 weeks later...

I only watched a bit of their last match but KDH looked fantastic—great movement, passing and energy. He looks to be at the same level Barnes reached at the Baggies albeit without the goals. He needs prem football. He’s the same age as Barnes but without top level experience. He looks an exciting player and hopefully the next first teamer.

On 26/11/2020 at 10:15, Foxxed said:

I hope there all given good and prolonged chances. As much as the mere name spikes the cortisol levels in some posters here, Puel gave Hamza a massively unexpected chance and persisted with Chilwell. Barnes pretty much demanded inclusion however in a position where we really needed someone. Bren has used Thomas plenty and has persisted with Justin when some fans were getting on his back. Knight, I think, could get some games in a back three. KDH will have to get past Maddison, Tielemans and Praet which will be a tall order.

Very true. However, with the latter point, hopefully next year we stand a reasonable chance of attaining some kind of European football as well as domestic cup competitions and Rodgers does like to rotate. Also, as unpalatable as it is, it's not beyond the realms that one of our more prized midfielders could be sold.

40 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I only watched a bit of their last match but KDH looked fantastic—great movement, passing and energy. He looks to be at the same level Barnes reached at the Baggies albeit without the goals. He needs prem football. He’s the same age as Barnes but without top level experience. He looks an exciting player and hopefully the next first teamer.

My neighbour works with a Luton fan and  he text me to say” Who is this kid Luton have on loan from you,his mate can’t shut up about him” said he has been outstanding.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Showed he can score goals at Blackpool, albeit at a lower level so hopefully can start to replicate this in the Championship.

What is truly mystifying is it took until he was 21 to get a loan move. He should have been out on loan before then, hopefully the club are starting to learn that.

Yeah but to be fair he didn’t look this good in the u23s and it seemed like he spent ages there. I didn’t think he warranted a loan. Many here didn’t notice him either. Whereas Barnes looked shit hot in the u23s from more or less day one.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Yeah but to be fair he didn’t look this good in the u23s and it seemed like he spent ages there. I didn’t think he warranted a loan. Many here didn’t notice him either. Whereas Barnes looked shit hot in the u23s from more or less day one.

I thought he did the half season before he went to Blackpool. I recall he was made captain then? He really seemed to rise to that challenge and became the one who was controlling games for us. 

45 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

He did quite well to win the Development Squad Player Of The Year Award with not looking that good there then...

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

My neighbour works with a Luton fan and  he text me to say” Who is this kid Luton have on loan from you,his mate can’t shut up about him” said he has been outstanding.

He's not really a 'kid' though is he.. certainly not in footballing terms anyway!

I think he's a certainty to replace Hamza in the senior squad next season... Hamza will be off to pastures new.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Showed he can score goals at Blackpool, albeit at a lower level so hopefully can start to replicate this in the Championship.

What is truly mystifying is it took until he was 21 to get a loan move. He should have been out on loan before then, hopefully the club are starting to learn that.

Maybe he just wasn't ready to go out when he was younger.

@Ric Flair your a great poster but you see really negative about our academy, which is hard to understand when we have produced Barnes, Thomas, Chillwell, Schlupp, Choudhury, Moore, KDH to name a few in the last 6 or 7 years.

Seems a reasonable rate of producing talent when you consider two of those have when full England caps. 

• Like 2