Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

New Deal For Youngster Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

On 02/09/2019 at 22:37, majaco said:

I might be getting mixed up with the Choudhury thread and the images preceding events thread but is he now going to grow an impressive afro?

I think you might be getting mixed up!

I hope this lad is actually decent of we're keeping him and not just going to be kept on until it's too late for him to really get a career going elsewhere.

Edited by Toddybad

On 03/09/2019 at 18:43, sacreblueits442 said:

...watched him play several times and I am still unsure of him!!

He works hard in the midfield and does a fair bit of controlling the play with his tight control in a busy part of the park. My problem is that he then chooses the wrong option time and time again undoing the good work that he had previously done. With his skill set you would expect a certain level of intelligence with the ability to orchestrate our play (U23s) but he will shoot when he needs to recycle and from his central position should be aware of the options around him.

I know the counter argument is his age but you can have that insight at any age (for instance Rooney had it at 16 years old) and that is what is holding him back. He flatters to deceive.

He has good skills on the ball, tight control in congested spaces has a good left foot and always look to play forward. He just needs to take control of the play and support by recycling, stretching the play, basically being the go to guy when the attack has broken down and the one the players trust.... to start it again!!

He's had a few nice touches but I've never felt he stood out in the u23s and he's getting older. I'd say Layton stood out more thanks to his superior skill set. Both of them have a fair way to go to even make the Championship at the moment. I think they're the only two u23 midfielders we've had since kids. I get the feeling we've bought all the rest in the last couple of years.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Having seen Praet play abysmally after the restart and with Maddison injured, Mendy fcuked off and Choudhury still not made a stamp on what type of midfielder he is going to be successful as under Rodgers, there's certainly the opportunity for someone like KDH or Knight to come in in pre-season and try and make an impact.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Having seen Praet play abysmally after the restart and with Maddison injured, Mendy fcuked off and Choudhury still not made a stamp on what type of midfielder he is going to be successful as under Rodgers, there's certainly the opportunity for someone like KDH or Knight to come in in pre-season and try and make an impact.

Praet was played out of position which was why that failed with squad injurys and after watching Dewsbury Hall and Knight in many development games over the last few seasons I dont think they are ready yet. I don't think Knight is a prem capable player and Dewsbury Hall possibly but needs loaning out.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

Think I read we need 4 academy raised players to meet europa league rules, so this makes sense as need to replace Chilly’s spot.

I'm pretty sure the rule is 8 of the 25-man squad have to be home-grown (trained anywhere in England for 3 years between 15-21yrs old), with the 8 including 4 trained at the club for the same time and age range. You're right, but it's not that important, as you can name academy players with no intention of playing them. In the worst case, 2 of the 25 would be youth players who maybe never even get on the bench.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

Think I read we need 4 academy raised players to meet europa league rules, so this makes sense as need to replace Chilly’s spot.

4 players over the age of 21 that were trained by the club for 3 years before their 21st birthday is the rule. 

So if Chilwell leaves and we register Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall we would still have one more space. Part of the reason I'm surprised we didn't offer king a one year extension.

• Thanks 1

On 02/09/2019 at 22:31, Aus Fox said:

Never has been a good player with a double barrelled name, never will be one! Chose one surname for your kid and let them be successful! 

But good luck to the lad, he’s done alright in the games I’ve watched online.

Shaun Wright Phillips