Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Rugby League

6 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Are you looking forward to this evening?

I am yeah, but a little worried with Londons form coming into it. The signings of Norman and Whare are better than players we brought in mid season.

Fev should have enough to win but we do tend to bottle knock out games! Going to have a couple of two pinters and try to enjoy it as we are child free tonight 😀

1 hour ago, slymunn said:

I am yeah, but a little worried with Londons form coming into it. The signings of Norman and Whare are better than players we brought in mid season.

Fev should have enough to win but we do tend to bottle knock out games! Going to have a couple of two pinters and try to enjoy it as we are child free tonight 😀

There is still a handling error or ten in the London team.Should know after ten minutes how the game will go.Much improved nevertheless.Can attack on both wings now,not just down the middle.

Will be happy just to get some points on the board.Hope Fev are a bit rusty.
Really wanted to go but for the kickoff time.Been a great season whatever happens.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, slymunn said:

Typical Fev waiting till the games matter to not really turn up! London deserved the win, moved the ball about better and attacked well. We just didn't show up in defence 😕 

Really hope London go up now

Screenshot_20231008_204645_Gallery.jpg

Gob smacked by that.Though a part of me isn’t surprised.Listened to the game on BBC Radio Leeds.Half expected that London would get in front early,but thought they would run out of steam,and that’s what it sounded like.Then they got the try before halftime and Fev went a man down.

A heroic win but I’m genuinely sorry for Featherstone.

Toulouse next in France.They tonked us early season at their place.We’ve beaten them twice since.They (Toulouse)will still be favourites.

Don’t even know if promotion is part of the plan

2 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Gob smacked by that.Though a part of me isn’t surprised.Listened to the game on BBC Radio Leeds.Half expected that London would get in front early,but thought they would run out of steam,and that’s what it sounded like.Then they got the try before halftime and Fev went a man down.

A heroic win but I’m genuinely sorry for Featherstone.

Toulouse next in France.They tonked us early season at their place.We’ve beaten them twice since.They (Toulouse)will still be favourites.

Don’t even know if promotion is part of the plan

Some of the tries London scored could be classed as soft..they moved the ball about well, but maybe scored easier than they should of done. The last 15 London ran out of steam but was too far hard ahead to be caught. 

There's a few who think the same for Fev..the players are part time and happy picking up a win bonus through the season. If we got promoted they would lose the jobs as we would go full time and bring new players in.. It's a daft rumour but this happens too often too not think about it

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

I just hope they give it a proper go. Should get some decent crowds with travelling support. The Broncos team last time were decent and unfortunate with relegation in the end. Just hope recruitment is good enough because if they make SL 2025, IMG will look after them for a bit 

I really hope the Rugby League authorities know what they're doing, by getting into bed with IMG.

To an outsider, it just looks like an American/Australian franchise type system ... which might well work on the other side of the world, but over here?   It doesn't feel right to me.

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

I really hope the Rugby League authorities know what they're doing, by getting into bed with IMG.

To an outsider, it just looks like an American/Australian franchise type system ... which might well work on the other side of the world, but over here?   It doesn't feel right to me.

Personally I think it needs it. The Super League standards need driving up. The Pro-Rel system as is hasnt really worked - albeit Leigh bucked the trend this year. 

The other outcome was probably to take CVC’s money which hasn’t worked well at all for Aviva Premiership. 

Used to follow Speedway closely - their best period in recent memory was with IMG promoting the world championship 

My main concern about the IMG stuff is they turned down working with Hearn because he wanted control to sort it out. As a family they have proved they can do it with sports that need promoting better. It feels like RFL/SL have things they wanted to do, but needed to bring someone else in to help them achieve it. This isn't anything new...or really growing the sport in new areas. As its show with London S and Newcastle in the last 12 months they are actually losing 'expansion clubs' they talk about so much.

It's slowing moving towards the NRL system that they tried a few years ago thay hasn't worked before. It was a shut shop a few times before, given teams years they couldnt be relagated.. Only now its with less money in the sport and getting caught up by the mid sized nations of RL on the international stage.

11 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Not sure the Hearns are that good at team sports promotion. Can vouch for what they attempted with Basketball and Netball but failed.

There's always a risk and please don't take this the wrong way. But what they did with Snooker and Darts is more on a similar level to RL. Then boxing is above those again personally.

Basketball and maybe Netball still haven't full taken off in this country. It's there but hasn't grown into what they hoped.

I just think they would or taken steps to grow RL, rather than making it a closed shop again like 10 years ago..which didn't work so they put promotion and relegation back in.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Just watched the World Club Challenge. Hell of a game, but how a referee from Wigan can officiate a Wigan game, I'm not sure. There were some very interesting decisions, that's for sure.

Yep, brilliant game.   Really tense, right up until the last seconds.   Good for the domestic game, for one of our teams to beat the cream of Australian NFL.

(in terms of ref ... well, there's TMO to override any obvious mistakes, if there is evidence for it.     But re the ref coming from the "home" place ... I assume it's no big deal.   Like the way for a 100 years cricket umpires would be local, and their impartiality/integrity not in doubt.)

Tasty looking tie in the Challenge Cup 5th round (last one before the 12 SL clubs come in):

Halifax Panthers v York Acorn
Widnes Vikings v Batley Bulldogs
Featherstone Rovers v Wakefield Trinity
Swinton Lions v Sheffield Eagles

Last year's Championship leaders Featherstone against this year's favourites Wakefield ... and a local derby to boot.

Great effort by the Bronco’s today losing in the last minute to Hull.Who must be thanking their lucky stars that London will be relegated regardless this season.Mike Eccles is proving to be a phenomenal coach.I wonder if he knows anything about football?