Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Rugby League

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

70,000 people giving him a standing ovation was incredible.

Can't get my head around 7 ultra marathons in 7 days, he looked like he could hardly walk bless him.

I know people joke about 'Sir' Kevin but it'll be a disgrace if he doesn't get knighted for his charity work (and his career)

Needs his very own award at SPOTY this year. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Super league 2023 starts tomorrow. World club series is on Saturday morning at 8am, Penrith v Saints, that game will be live on channel 4

I'm looking forward to it all starting again. Cant see Saints winning against Penrith but think they will give a good account over there!

The championship is a couple of weeks in and my team Featherstone Rovers are two wins from two.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, slymunn said:

I'm looking forward to it all starting again. Cant see Saints winning against Penrith but think they will give a good account over there!

The championship is a couple of weeks in and my team Featherstone Rovers are two wins from two.

The Championship looks interesting this year.At least who finishes second as Toulouse look like romping it.I support the London Bronco’s.Went to the first game to see a close fought lose to Batley.Who came with decent no’s.We won at the weekend.It took until late June to get the first win last season.

15 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

The Championship looks interesting this year.At least who finishes second as Toulouse look like romping it.I support the London Bronco’s.Went to the first game to see a close fought lose to Batley.Who came with decent no’s.We won at the weekend.It took until late June to get the first win last season.

Toulouse won't top the league format.. Fev will but will come down to the play games which they don't do too well in. Trying for 25 years to get back into the top division and would love to see them there again. 

Suprised by London in the first couple of games. Look to of bought well and getting used to a part time squad now 

Edited by slymunn

I'm moving to West Yorks (Morley / surrounding areas) in a couple of months. I'll probably get a bit involved with this strange local custom. Can't possibly bring myself to support Leeds. 

Think Batley is probably gonna be my most local team and its where my other half grew up. So let's go Bulldogs. 

Mount Pleasant looks like an absolute shit hole, love it. 

13 hours ago, slymunn said:

Toulouse won't top the league format.. Fev will but will come down to the play games which they don't do too well in. Trying for 25 years to get back into the top division and would love to see them there again. 

Suprised by London in the first couple of games. Look to of bought well and getting used to a part time squad now 

Well the hardcore 500 down here would bite your hand off for third bottom if offered now.I’m optimistic as since Eccles took over the form has been impressive.

Hope your right about Featherstone btw.

7 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Well the hardcore 500 down here would bite your hand off for third bottom if offered now.I’m optimistic as since Eccles took over the form has been impressive.

Hope your right about Featherstone btw.

I like the couple of Png Internationals you have. Wellington was good for Fev and Ullberg looks a great signing. Just think there is enough tries in Londons team to be a decent mid table team.

I'd love Fev to finally make the super league. First couple of seasons I went to watch was in the big league before they made the super league..Fev was one of the teams cut out to make numbers and haven't got back since!

17 hours ago, slymunn said:

I like the couple of Png Internationals you have. Wellington was good for Fev and Ullberg looks a great signing. Just think there is enough tries in Londons team to be a decent mid table team.

I'd love Fev to finally make the super league. First couple of seasons I went to watch was in the big league before they made the super league..Fev was one of the teams cut out to make numbers and haven't got back since!

Ullberg has had a great start to the season.I like Bienek he’s a beast.I would love Featherstone to go up and stay there.So good luck for the season.Keep us updated with who impresses you along the way.

Just seen that Sheffield beat Batley 36 nil.Kin hell,their next up after the weekend.

• Like 1

On 16/02/2023 at 09:54, Finnegan said:

I'm moving to West Yorks (Morley / surrounding areas) in a couple of months. I'll probably get a bit involved with this strange local custom. Can't possibly bring myself to support Leeds. 

Think Batley is probably gonna be my most local team and its where my other half grew up. So let's go Bulldogs. 

That’s where I’m from mate, give me a shout if you fancy a beer for one of the City games. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Good to see a bit of live Rugby League on terrestrial TV.

I managed to get to my first ever League game earlier this season ... really enjoyed it.  

Non stop action, very little kicking for goal and a great football-type crowd (so unlike Union).

It's a brutally physical contest, but absolutely no play acting, feigning injury or gamesmanship.   If someone's hurt, the trainer/physio comes on, but the game just continues.   I love football, but the constant cheating is one area that drives me bonkers.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I love watching Rugby League, and i understand most of the rules.  But the only one i can't quite work out, is what exactly causes a 'set restart" ?

I assume it's some minor infringement by the defending team in a tackle.   It's probably something so obvious that the commentators don't even bother saying why.  

But it's bugging me.  Anyone know exactly why it happens?

3 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I love watching Rugby League, and i understand most of the rules.  But the only one i can't quite work out, is what exactly causes a 'set restart" ?

I assume it's some minor infringement by the defending team in a tackle.   It's probably something so obvious that the commentators don't even bother saying why.  

Yeah correct. It’s a relatively new rule which was done during covid to stop scrums 

On 16/02/2023 at 09:54, Finnegan said:

I live in Morley mate. Give me a PM if you fancy watching a game! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/06/2023 at 06:03, worth_the_wait said:

Yeah, it can be for a few bits regarding slowing the play down. Like holding down too long in the tackle, or interference.

They stopped scrums during covid and brought this in to avoid the game stop starting too often.

Then they kept it in as scrums are pretty pointless in rugby league 😂

On 07/07/2023 at 22:08, worth_the_wait said:

Wakefield Trinity giving a good shot at pulling off the greatest "great escape" of all time.

They lost their first 14 league games.

Since then, they've won 3 out of their last 4 games ... including tonight's dramatic 27-26 win over Wigan.

Up the Trin !!!

Looks like bringing the big bopper back has really helped the team! 

Would love us (Fev) to come up and Cas to go down. Although we seem to always mess it up haha

On 18/02/2023 at 01:05, Heathrow fox said:

Ullberg has had a great start to the season.I like Bienek he’s a beast.I would love Featherstone to go up and stay there.So good luck for the season.Keep us updated with who impresses you along the way.

Just seen that Sheffield beat Batley 36 nil.Kin hell,their next up after the weekend.

Great win for London yesterday 👏 

1 hour ago, slymunn said:

Looks like bringing the big bopper back has really helped the team! 

Would love us (Fev) to come up and Cas to go down. Although we seem to always mess it up haha

Well, the relegation dogfight at Belle Vue in 6 weeks might go a long way to deciding that!

On 10/06/2023 at 12:00, slymunn said:

Good comps this season as SL, NRL and championship are all pretty close.

Looking forward to the Fev Vs Tolouse game this evening, before watching the champions league final 👌 

15 hours ago, slymunn said:

Great win for London yesterday 👏 

I think that secured second tier status for another year.Thank goodness because everyone seemed to keep winning.Starting to look like it could be two of the promoted teams plus either Barrow or Newcastle to go down.Swinton impressed me the most as they very nearly beat us at Plough Lane but I see that they became yr latest 50 + points victims.

You must be pleased with the season so far? Only a last second BS rule change regarding SL relegation prevents Fev from going up now.They are clearly a different level to everyone else.

7 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

I think that secured second tier status for another year.Thank goodness because everyone seemed to keep winning.Starting to look like it could be two of the promoted teams plus either Barrow or Newcastle to go down.Swinton impressed me the most as they very nearly beat us at Plough Lane but I see that they became yr latest 50 + points victims.

You must be pleased with the season so far? Only a last second BS rule change regarding SL relegation prevents Fev from going up now.They are clearly a different level to everyone else.

Yeah. The season is probably going better than people thought. We struggled away at Swinton, so was a little surprised with the score.

Biggest issue will be the play offs again as we always find a way to mess it up! 

If London get a little run in the next 3 or 4 games there's nothing to say they won't be in the play offs themselves 😀