Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Burnley 1 Post match thread

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Conceded a pen at Old Trafford. That's all I think.

He conceded a similar penalty at Huddersfield last season. He has developed a habit of being rash. I like Soyuncu but he reminds me way too much of David Luiz, another cavalier defender.

He reminds you of Luiz because of his barnet. Both pens he conceded you mentioned above were debatable anyway. Huddersfield he got the ball and on Rashford it was soft. Hes young he will get better, Luiz is well past his best, Salah absolutely sent him into retirement.

3 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

Not sure about Albrighton, I know we won the title with him and he puts the effort in, but the game and the team have moved on. I've never seen Mark Albrighton go outside on his left foot like Harvey Barnes did for Vardy's goal, however I do remember him lofting diagonal balls into the box from the left hand side, with his right foot, of which nearly all get cleared by the opposition. 

Whilst I agree our game has moved on since our P/L win, Albrighton still remains our most consistent winger, and certainly more consistent than either Barnes or Gray. He works much better with Chilwell than Barnes does and you can almost see Chilwell's confidence rise if Albrighton is in front of him, because he knows Marc will be there to give him extra cover, and get back quickly if Chilwell is caught out. Barnes just doesn't help Chilwell enough and it's impacting on Chilwell's play.

Albrighton still delivers our best crosses, his work rate is superb, and he always seems to be involved in matches, rather than drifting in and out of games like Barnes & Gray.

Obviously, Barnes is only going to improve. I really see him more as an impact sub, like Gray, rather than a full match player. Nurture him, bring him along slowly so he knows exactly what is required. At the moment he is just not good enough to play whole matches.

7 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Random one, was Saturday the biggest turn out of HOME fans in the new ground? Seemed to me as though every single seat was taken including a massive part of the away end as Burnley sent so many back. CL games seemed to have more segregation from memory, and the away teams brought 1500 each time which was more than Burnley did. 

If so then surely the was the biggest home crowd for absolutely years? Filbo didn't hold that many for the last c.10 years of it's life when seats got put on the Kop so you'd have to go back bloody ages to find a bigger home attendance. 

Edit, Egg chasing doesn't count, obviously. 

I think the biggest turnout was when we played Millwall in the first season at Freeman's Wharf. They banned us from the Den (cos' they didn't like us, we didn't care) and to reciprocate we banned them from ours. I remember it was a sell out (might've been kids for a quid) and the eerie silence when Claridge scored for them after about 20 seconds!

There was another when Wimbledon brought about 12 fans.

54 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Whilst I agree our game has moved on since our P/L win, Albrighton still remains our most consistent winger, and certainly more consistent than either Barnes or Gray. He works much better with Chilwell than Barnes does and you can almost see Chilwell's confidence rise if Albrighton is in front of him, because he knows Marc will be there to give him extra cover, and get back quickly if Chilwell is caught out. Barnes just doesn't help Chilwell enough and it's impacting on Chilwell's play.

Albrighton still delivers our best crosses, his work rate is superb, and he always seems to be involved in matches, rather than drifting in and out of games like Barnes & Gray.

Obviously, Barnes is only going to improve. I really see him more as an impact sub, like Gray, rather than a full match player. Nurture him, bring him along slowly so he knows exactly what is required. At the moment he is just not good enough to play whole matches.

Stats suggest otherwise, Albrighton has barely contributed goals and assists for over a season now. I can see why Barnes is being persevered with as his record at lower levels is lethal and so far a goal and 3 assists in 5 starts and 3 sub appearances isn't a bad start to the season. I do agree that all our wingers seem more dangerous off the bench but then again the team as a whole seem to attack much better in the 2nd half of games so it might not be a coincidence.

Chilwell and Barnes don't seem to enjoy each others game, would much rather see Barnes deployed on the right wing where both his goals for us have come from.

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Stats suggest otherwise, Albrighton has barely contributed goals and assists for over a season now. I can see why Barnes is being persevered with as his record at lower levels is lethal and so far a goal and 3 assists in 5 starts and 3 sub appearances isn't a bad start to the season. I do agree that all our wingers seem more dangerous off the bench but then again the team as a whole seem to attack much better in the 2nd half of games so it might not be a coincidence.

Chilwell and Barnes don't seem to enjoy each others game, would much rather see Barnes deployed on the right wing where both his goals for us have come from.

Stats do not always show the full picture and can be taken many ways. Albrighton may not score many, but neither do Barnes or Gray. Albrighton's crossing is still better quality than both Barnes or Gray and his defensive contribution is far better than both of them combined.

However, I totally agree with you that Barnes looks better on the right, and Chilwell looks uncomfortable playing with Barnes. It is another reason I would go with Albrighton on the left in front of Chilwell. We are so much more solid on the left when they play together and they seem to have a far better understanding of each others play and covering positions.

I think the whole team would benefit from having two proper wingers on the pitch rather than playing Perez or Praet on the right. But neither Barnes nor Gray have shown that so far this season they are full match players.

Barnes and Gray have to play well for the full match, not just these spells where they look great, but tend to drift out of games for long periods. A point BR made after the Burnley game. I honestly cannot think of one game where Barnes has played well having been involved throughout a full match. In fact I'd say Albrighton has done more in his fleeting games this season that Barnes has in all his matches.

I like Barnes and he has great potential. I just think he's still in a development stage and his contribution would be best for us as an impact sub.

Whatever failings Albrighton has, there can be no question of him being involved all match, not only his wing play and his defensive contribution, but also his commitment, effort and desire. Something I feel is not quite there yet with Barnes, and certainly not there with Gray.

7 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Stats do not always show the full picture and can be taken many ways. Albrighton may not score many, but neither do Barnes or Gray. Albrighton's crossing is still better quality than both Barnes or Gray and his defensive contribution is far better than both of them combined.

However, I totally agree with you that Barnes looks better on the right, and Chilwell looks uncomfortable playing with Barnes. It is another reason I would go with Albrighton on the left in front of Chilwell. We are so much more solid on the left when they play together and they seem to have a far better understanding of each others play and covering positions.

I think the whole team would benefit from having two proper wingers on the pitch rather than playing Perez or Praet on the right. But neither Barnes nor Gray have shown that so far this season they are full match players.

Barnes and Gray have to play well for the full match, not just these spells where they look great, but tend to drift out of games for long periods. A point BR made after the Burnley game. I honestly cannot think of one game where Barnes has played well having been involved throughout a full match. In fact I'd say Albrighton has done more in his fleeting games this season that Barnes has in all his matches.

I like Barnes and he has great potential. I just think he's still in a development stage and his contribution would be best for us as an impact sub.

Whatever failings Albrighton has, there can be no question of him being involved all match, not only his wing play and his defensive contribution, but also his commitment, effort and desire. Something I feel is not quite there yet with Barnes, and certainly not there with Gray.

I get the feeling that Rodgers doesn't really rate Albrighton, and/or would rather develop younger options.

5 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

I get what you're saying but baring in mind goals created and scored seems to be a conundrum for us, I can see why Barnes is being persisted with as the potential is clearly there for him to provide both. So far his goal scoring record is equally as poor as Albrighton, Gray and Perez but he's our highest assister. I don't like him on the left this season, drifts in and out of games too much but I also have little sympathy for a player who looks busy all the while such as Albrighton but in terms of goals and assists is less of a threat. Suppose there is more to it, i'd use Albrighton more than he has been used this season. I find it a bit odd that he's not being used, I think it's clear he's not in Rodgers long term plans, surprising.

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I get the feeling that Rodgers doesn't really rate Albrighton, and/or would rather develop younger options.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I get what you're saying but baring in mind goals created and scored seems to be a conundrum for us, I can see why Barnes is being persisted with as the potential is clearly there for him to provide both. So far his goal scoring record is equally as poor as Albrighton, Gray and Perez but he's our highest assister. I don't like him on the left this season, drifts in and out of games too much but I also have little sympathy for a player who looks busy all the while such as Albrighton but in terms of goals and assists is less of a threat. Suppose there is more to it, i'd use Albrighton more than he has been used this season. I find it a bit odd that he's not being used, I think it's clear he's not in Rodgers long term plans, surprising.

I think your both right. Albrighton obviously isn't in BR's long term plans.

From BR's weekend comments regarding our wingers, I'm just hoping he doesn't stick Maddison out on the left to fit Praet in the middle next to Tielemans with Perez on the right, and we go back to that narrow formation we had in earlier matches this season.

What I was referring to with Mark Albrighton is his predictability when he is in an advanced left position, he won't take a man on or use his left foot so that leaves him coming inside and playing diagonal crosses, most of which are easily cleared, especially now we don't have Slimani or Ulloa, another reason why Mark Albrighton's assists have dried up somewhat, however I do admit that when we break he can certainly pick a long pass out, but again that is less frequent now we have more possesion.