Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Burnley 1 Post match thread

Have to say, must've been difficult for a few of the lads who potentially weren't around with Vichai, to understand the emotion of the fixture. 

But the whole team and Burnley all showed great respect to the fixture and really celebrated the memory of Vichai which was great to see 

A tough, hard earned 3 points. It’s always encouraging to win games when you’re not at your best, but in fairness I thought that was all down to Burnley, who I was very impressed with.

First half in-particular they played with a very high line and pressed us so quickly and high up the pitch we couldn’t get out! Was very impressed with Wood yesterday, who I didn’t particularly rate when he was down here.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I disagree - Burnley sit on the same TV deal as everyone else. 

Whats their goal this season? Stay up 

what was it last season? Stay up 

what will it be next season? Stay up 

He plays reserves in the Cups and has developed at most three or four players. 

They are just boring and short term thinking rules the club 

Exactly. Where's all the money going?

Dyche revels in keeping this underdog mentality, because it means he has excuses to fall back on if they do shit and also there's no pressure on his shoulders to have to evolve the team and playing style.

He clamours for more respect and recognition in the game but will never get it because he is flagrantly unambitious.

• Like 3

On 19/10/2019 at 16:55, HitchinFox said:

Three points in the bag and a beautiful tribute to Vichai. The cherry on the cake being the Ginger Dollop of Lard looking like he's going to explode after the Evans incident.

Perfect day.  

Agreed 👍, the ginger winger was given it large after var ruled out there goal 

Type of game we would have lost or drew in previous seasons after going 1-0 down. Credit to Rodgers and the team for turning this around and the best thing is that this team still hasn't realised its potential, there is still room for improvement and growth and that is very exciting.

• Like 1

It's another day and today i think ...   the Clarets goal should have stood ...   :o     VAR did show he caught Evans heel ...   in isolation a 'foul' maybe ...   but it clearly wasn't intentional and therefore was an accidental clash ...   furthermore (and I think for VAR to work you have to consider everything) ...  I don't think Evans would have stopped the ball going in ...   yes thats subjective but to me a very important point and one the ref is there to call.  

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

It's another day and today i think ...   the Clarets goal should have stood ...   :o     VAR did show he caught Evans heel ...   in isolation a 'foul' maybe ...   but it clearly wasn't intentional and therefore was an accidental clash ...   furthermore (and I think for VAR to work you have to consider everything) ...  I don't think Evans would have stopped the ball going in ...   yes thats subjective but to me a very important point and one the ref is there to call.  

Evans stated that he was just about to clear the ball when he was caught on the foot, if he wasn't caught he may well have done.

Caglar played well and is one of my favourite players.  He has a bright and long future with our club and has plenty of room for improvement.  But ..  on Saturday we saw one of his weaknesses clearly exposed.  He struggles to handle a strong aerial threat.  This, his long range passing and his leadership qualities are the main difference between him and Maguire.  And being good in the air is important for corners at both ends of the pitch.   If we had engineered it so that we kept Maguire for one more season (lets not bring the fee into it) then I believe we would be seriously challenging for top 4 and not top 6.    

(Puts tin hat on and pisses off) ...    :)

14 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

then I believe we would be seriously challenging for top 4 and not top 6.    

you are little behind the times, we are already challenging for top 4,current odds are 3.6 (27%)

Edited by treer

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Caglar played well and is one of my favourite players.  He has a bright and long future with our club and has plenty of room for improvement.  But ..  on Saturday we saw one of his weaknesses clearly exposed.  He struggles to handle a strong aerial threat.  This, his long range passing and his leadership qualities are the main difference between him and Maguire.  And being good in the air is important for corners at both ends of the pitch.   If we had engineered it so that we kept Maguire for one more season (lets not bring the fee into it) then I believe we would be seriously challenging for top 4 and not top 6.    

We are better defensively this season though with Soyuncu in it? What we've lost in Maguire's ability to defend and attack set pieces we have made up with blistering pace and reading of the game from open play. Have we conceded more goals from crosses and set pieces this season than last on average? That would be a real indicator, but overall we are conceding less goals and Soyuncu is getting rave reviews most weeks. I don't think we miss Maguire at all, it was the perfect time to sell him and for an obscene price to a desperately ran fallen giant. Hopefully they come and pay stupid money for Chilwell next an'all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We are better defensively this season though with Soyuncu in it? What we've lost in Maguire's ability to defend and attack set pieces we have made up with blistering pace and reading of the game from open play. Have we conceded more goals from crosses and set pieces this season than last on average? That would be a real indicator, but overall we are conceding less goals and Soyuncu is getting rave reviews most weeks. I don't think we miss Maguire at all, it was the perfect time to sell him and for an obscene price to a desperately ran fallen giant. Hopefully they come and pay stupid money for Chilwell next an'all.

Good points Ric and we could debate it all day as its totally subjective ...  I suppose it boils down to what the net difference between the two players would mean in terms of league position.    I so want your view to be right but after watching them both play for 90 mins this weekend I still err slightly towards my original thoughts ...   and at the end of the day the difference between 4th and 6th is only two places and fine margins.    (And I did say lets keep the price out of it as I still think we could have got more, or at least as much, the following season).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Sorry ...  who stated ??? 

Oh ...   the man who was tripped ...    :whistle:

He was tripped. If it's irrelevant whether he would have actually got to the ball, it's even more irrelevant whether he thought he would.

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Good points Ric and we could debate it all day as its totally subjective ...  I suppose it boils down to what the net difference between the two players would mean in terms of league position.    I so want your view to be right but after watching them both play for 90 mins this weekend I still err slightly towards my original thoughts ...   and at the end of the day the difference between 4th and 6th is only two places and fine margins.    (And I did say lets keep the price out of it as I still think we could have got more, or at least as much, the following season).

I felt we were quite vulnerable with Maguire against any team with pace, we had to either sit deep against the better sides or we got exposed vs the likes of Bournemouth. I do fear when we come up against physical teams now though, I said as much in Soyuncu's thread on Friday that the game vs Burnley was likely to be his biggest test. I suppose you have to weigh up what are we more likely to need to defend against in our pursuit of where we want to be? A shit load of crosses or fast intricate football? So far we have played a lot of the top sides from last season and fewer of the dross that we struggled against last season. It's picking up win after win against teams that come and sit back against us, those are the teams that are likely to concentrate on set pieces and attacking crosses so it remains to be seen if this is going to be a weakness of ours in keeping them at bay, not to mention whether we can break them down ourselves. So far we have done so away at Sheffield Utd, albeit did concede from a cross. Smashed Newcastle to pieces and just about did enough vs Burnley, again with a goal for them coming from a cross. The next few weeks will be interesting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Struggling with this. If we'd kept Maguire, it wouldn't have been on the basis of him only playing games where we thought there'd be a strong aerial threat. He'd start every game, and we probably wouldn't be talking about Soyuncu. 

40 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Maguire made loads of errors in his time here I don't believe that. he was a bag of nerves mate