Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Burnley 1 Post match thread

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

It's another day and today i think ...   the Clarets goal should have stood ...   :o     VAR did show he caught Evans heel ...   in isolation a 'foul' maybe ...   but it clearly wasn't intentional and therefore was an accidental clash ...   furthermore (and I think for VAR to work you have to consider everything) ...  I don't think Evans would have stopped the ball going in ...   yes thats subjective but to me a very important point and one the ref is there to call.  

It doesnt matter if it's an accident though  its still a foul and in that situation, a striker still gets his penalty (whilst the defender is accused of being clumsy), a midfielder gets his free kick and a defender would be given it in any other situation. It's just unlucky for burnley and chris wood, but a foul is a foul. 

I dont think it would 100% gone in either, I think it would be tight so cant really say

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 3

Can see both sides of the disallowed Burnley goal to be honest. We would be p*ssed off if it was disallowed for us.

However, taking account of the VARlepool 1 - Foxes 0, I will take the Varcester City 2 - Burnley 1 :dunno:

Next. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Can see both sides of the disallowed Burnley goal to be honest. We would be p*ssed off if it was disallowed for us.

However, taking account of the VARlepool 1 - Foxes 0, I will take the Varcester City 2 - Burnley 1 :dunno:

Next. 

?

I'm nearly sure it was VARlepool 2 - Foxes 1 ;)

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I also think many central defenders will struggle against Wood in the air. The trick is to deal with what he does with the ball. 

Spot on

Knowing what he’s going to do with the ball is the key

Wood is a decent player and better than I thought he’d be tbh

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

I’m not moaning about his managerial ability, he’s a top manager. I’m moaning about his moaning! All he does is whinge and play the victim, always had a lot to say about us. It’s a really annoying trait, just get on with it. 

Also, in regards to the highlighted point, Burnley play the victim yet aren’t as hard up as they make out. They’ve received a huge amount of money from the premier league over the past 10 seasons and YES can’t match the top clubs spending but have spent large fees on players like Andre Gray, Defour, Gibson all of which haven’t really worked out. Read somewhere that they don’t operate with any scouts outside the UK, surely that’s something they can look at investing in to enhance the club? We’ve made huge strides over the past decade by improving our internal processes like scouting. I’m told that our scouting system hasn’t been that expensive to implement. 

I’m not knocking Dyche’s coaching ability, just his whiney, woe is me personality.

You're wrong about Gray and Gibson.  Gray cost £9m, was Championship top scorer and player of the year in the year we won it, scored 9 next year in the Premier, and was sold for £18m.  That worked out.  Gibson was signed as cover for Tarkowski and Mee, neither of who have missed a game in 18 months.  You have to have injury cover, especially at centre half; injury cover doesn't become a failed signing just because it isn't needed.  Defour was injured for most of his three years, so in that sense he was a failure; it's a bit harsh to apportion blame on anyone for that, though.

We do have scouts outside the UK.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I also think many central defenders will struggle against Wood in the air. The trick is to deal with what he does with the ball. 

True Peaky but what compounds it for us is that we have an excellent keeper but unfortunately his middle name is Flapper ...   lack of height in defence and a keeper with the traits of a vampire does make us more susceptible to crosses than most teams.  Somebody needs to boss it in our back five.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Caglar played well and is one of my favourite players.  He has a bright and long future with our club and has plenty of room for improvement.  But ..  on Saturday we saw one of his weaknesses clearly exposed.  He struggles to handle a strong aerial threat.  This, his long range passing and his leadership qualities are the main difference between him and Maguire.  And being good in the air is important for corners at both ends of the pitch.   If we had engineered it so that we kept Maguire for one more season (lets not bring the fee into it) then I believe we would be seriously challenging for top 4 and not top 6.    

(Puts tin hat on and pisses off) ...    :)

Well, I disagree with pretty much all of this post. But in the name of keeping things civil, I'd just like to point out that outside the goal (which even Maguire could have struggled with imo, Wood had all the momentum going into the header), there was not one instance of Soyuncu getting done aerially of note. You can go ahead and rewatch the game, I did and that was one of the things I noticed. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

You're wrong about Gray and Gibson.  Gray cost £9m, was Championship top scorer and player of the year in the year we won it, scored 9 next year in the Premier, and was sold for £18m.  That worked out.  Gibson was signed as cover for Tarkowski and Mee, neither of who have missed a game in 18 months.  You have to have injury cover, especially at centre half; injury cover doesn't become a failed signing just because it isn't needed.  Defour was injured for most of his three years, so in that sense he was a failure; it's a bit harsh to apportion blame on anyone for that, though.

You manage to read through 13 pages of, largely, boneheaded trolling about your team, and this is what gets you too speak up? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Fair enough on Gray. Still stand by my point in regards to Gibson. ‘Plucky’ little Burnley aren’t actually as plucky as Dyche makes out. I get why he does it and acts the way he does, to play into your hand as the underdog. Just no need for him to whinge as much as he does and act so hard done by when it’s really not the case. Not a good look.

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wood deserves a lot of credit. His goal whilst frustrating to concede was superb play from him, making the run in between our players, out jumps both and beats a great keeper in Kasper when he had almost no service all game. He also bagged the second which was fortunate to be ruled out.

One of the reasons why Burnley are so effective is that playing an organised deep block and then providing high quality crosses into lethal old school strikers. Their system has many limitations as we've all seen, but I think it means it ensures they will always stay up at minimum. 

I'd hate to see it as a fan though! No wonder they didn't sell out their allocation of tickets as you are basically travelling just to see the other team play.

The reason they didnt sell their allocation is the population. Their support is incredible their average gate is  almost half the towns population  and in proportion far in excess of any one else in the premier.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Also to stop the ball in the first instance. Its why Kasper was so pissed off at Chilwell's attempt to stop the McNeill cross.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

That's true, but no defender can win every header. Have to agree that Chilwell was half hearted in his attempt to block. 

Sadly Chilwell has been half-hearted in all aspects of his play for pretty much the whole of 2019. I very much doubt Kasper would have had a go at him if that had been an isolated incident. Maybe it was one error too many, the straw that broke the camel’s back. I certainly stood up and blamed Chilwell for the goal when it happened. I feel he’s almost become a liability to the team now, which is desperately sad as this time last year he was arguably our best player!

6 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Sadly Chilwell has been half-hearted in all aspects of his play for pretty much the whole of 2019. I very much doubt Kasper would have had a go at him if that had been an isolated incident. Maybe it was one error too many, the straw that broke the camel’s back. I certainly stood up and blamed Chilwell for the goal when it happened. I feel he’s almost become a liability to the team now, which is desperately sad as this time last year he was arguably our best player!

Keep saying it ...  he misses his England mate ...   who used to draw players in then ping the ball out to him and off he’d go ...  

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Keep saying it ...  he misses his England mate ...   who used to draw players in then ping the ball out to him and off he’d go ...  

Well it’s about time he stopped sulking and learnt to adapt.

His defending, positioning, passing, crossing and general use of the ball have all gone spectacularly downhill. I keep waiting for him to recapture the hunger, enthusiasm and ambition of old (cast your mind back to that brilliant display of his at home to Atlético Madrid) but I don’t see any evidence of it. His display at Liverpool was an utter embarrassment. I doubt he could ever play as badly as that again even if he tried, but he certainly owes the team and the fans a really top-notch display. It’s been far too long.

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Well, I disagree with pretty much all of this post. But in the name of keeping things civil, I'd just like to point out that outside the goal (which even Maguire could have struggled with imo, Wood had all the momentum going into the header), there was not one instance of Soyuncu getting done aerially of note. You can go ahead and rewatch the game, I did and that was one of the things I noticed. 

Also, CS’s pace is far superior to HM. There have been instances all season where he’s got across and rescued situations where HM wouldn’t have been quick enough. This is subjective of course, HM might have had a better starting position etc. But it can’t be denied that CS is far quicker.

• Like 2