Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Burnley 1 Post match thread

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Burnley are too good to get relegated, as long as Dyche is around I doubt they'll go down. Insufferable as he is I think he'd a decent manager

People need to grow up and stop whinging about Dyche and what he does.  He gets as much out of what his ownership offers him as any manager could, probably.  Burnley plays counterattacking football and cedes possession, yes - but they're still dangerous when they attack.  It's smart and practical management.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Just to correct you, I'm pretty sure they were singing 'anti - football'. 

Shows how deaf I am I’m sat in L1! lol 

Maybe those sherbets didn’t help though...

Just now, Deeg67 said:

People need to grow up and stop whinging about Dyche and what he does.  He gets as much out of what his ownership offers him as any manager could, probably.  Burnley plays counterattacking football and cedes possession, yes - but they're still dangerous when they attack.  It's smart and practical management.

I disagree - Burnley sit on the same TV deal as everyone else. 

Whats their goal this season? Stay up 

what was it last season? Stay up 

what will it be next season? Stay up 

He plays reserves in the Cups and has developed at most three or four players. 

They are just boring and short term thinking rules the club 

Great result.

We're not playing at our best but we're doing a job and it's better than we experienced in the last year or 2.

The main thing is we're digging in and getting results we perhaps wouldn't have in the past.

For me it should have been 2-2 - not that i'm complaining.

As frustrating as Mane's dive wasn't overturned for us VAR has probably helped us more than hindered - I'm annoyed the Mane dive wasn't overturned because of who it was, Liverpool, but on a whole you take that on the chin given Tottenham's offside and yesterday's goal being disallowed. The difference being Mane's dive wasn't even looked at by VAR - Certainly not 'officially'.

23 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Shows how deaf I am I’m sat in L1! lol 

Maybe those sherbets didn’t help though...

As a point of interest, I was the other side of the Burnley fans to you, and we just don't hear L1 over there. Which I think tells you everything about the strange acoustics in the ground, as I know you guys were singing. 

45 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Ironically, I'd say of all the club's currently in the league they play the most like we did when we won the league, just with worse players

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Ironically, I'd say of all the club's currently in the league they play the most like we did when we won the league, just with worse players

In 2015/16 it’s true that we played in a defensively solid shape, conceded possession and attacked with quality and ruthless efficiency on the break.

Burnley are defensively solid and play on the break - but they quite often miss out the midfield. The strategy is to hit balls into big players and then compete for the second ball. It’s quite effective, but pretty unattractive.

When we won the league we recycled the ball with quality running from Kante in midfield, quality passing from Drinkwater, Crossing from Albrighton, moments of genius from Mahrez and brilliance from Vardy.

I see the comparison, but it’s a bit like saying that we now play just like Man City - but with worse players. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

To those slagging off Burnley's style of play, we were hardly scintillating to watch ourselves yesterday. We spent the majority of the first 44 minutes just passing it along our back 4 in our own half. I'm all for pretty, passing football but that was just passing for the sake of passing with no incisiveness. We played well for a bit in the second half, especially when Gray came on, but then needlessly changed formation when on top and handed Burnley the initiative. Rodgers wasn't good tactically yesterday IMHO. I'll take the win and I'll take 3rd, but I still feel we're not quite getting the most out of this squad...yet.

The way Burnley set up and pressed meant we struggled to find passes into midfield - it’s about time people gave the opposition credit sometimes 

regarding wes, I wonder if this means benko is fit enough to now be on the bench and this may have been wes’ last chance to make his 300th appearance??

Just now, Jobyfox said:

In 2015/16 it’s true that we played in a defensively solid shape, conceded possession and attacked with quality and ruthless efficiency on the break.

Burnley are defensively solid and play on the break - but they quite often miss out the midfield. The strategy is to hit balls into big players and then compete for the second ball. It’s quite effective, but pretty unattractive.

When we won the league we recycled the ball with quality running from Kante in midfield, quality passing from Drinkwater, Crossing from Albrighton, moments of genius from Mahrez and brilliance from Vardy.

I see the comparison, but it’s a bit like saying that we now play just like Man City - but with worse players. 

Oh yeah. That's why i prefaced that with the "worse players" part. But you can bet if you put Kanté and prime Drinkwater in that midfield two we'd start to see shocking similarities. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Burnley time wasting from minute 1 was an embarrassment. I know they do well to punch above their weight but imagine having to watch that shite on a weekly basis. 

I was however impressed with Wood's performance, led the line well and seems to have adapted well to life in the prem

.....sign him in January! - we know already he is a good character , an aerial threat - which we don't have - and a plan B goalthreat (ours currently away in the south of France) !!!!

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The way Burnley set up and pressed meant we struggled to find passes into midfield - it’s about time people gave the opposition credit sometimes 

regarding wes, I wonder if this means benko is fit enough to now be on the bench and this may have been wes’ last chance to make his 300th appearance??

If Benkovic can't play against Burton I'll be very disappointed, he is clearly fit at this point. 

1 minute ago, SuperMike said:

.....sign him in January! - we know already he is a good character , an aerial threat - which we don't have - and a plan B goalthreat (ours currently away in the south of France) !!!!

Rodgers has literally gone out and said that he doesn't believe in "Plan B", so I doubt we'll see that coming around. 

I don't get why people slag off their style so much. There's plenty of ways to try and win a football match, Burnley play to their strengths. They are physical, they put the balls into the forwards at the earliest opportunity. They shoot a lot. And they don't **** about with sideways or backwards pointless aimless passing. You can only get so far playing the way they do obviously. But it's there best chance of getting results and surviving.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

I’m not moaning about his managerial ability, he’s a top manager. I’m moaning about his moaning! All he does is whinge and play the victim, always had a lot to say about us. It’s a really annoying trait, just get on with it. 

Also, in regards to the highlighted point, Burnley play the victim yet aren’t as hard up as they make out. They’ve received a huge amount of money from the premier league over the past 10 seasons and YES can’t match the top clubs spending but have spent large fees on players like Andre Gray, Defour, Gibson all of which haven’t really worked out. Read somewhere that they don’t operate with any scouts outside the UK, surely that’s something they can look at investing in to enhance the club? We’ve made huge strides over the past decade by improving our internal processes like scouting. I’m told that our scouting system hasn’t been that expensive to implement. 

I’m not knocking Dyche’s coaching ability, just his whiney, woe is me personality.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Oh yeah. That's why i prefaced that with the "worse players" part. But you can bet if you put Kanté and prime Drinkwater in that midfield two we'd start to see shocking similarities. 

I know - I realised half way through I was writing quite an elaborate post to agree with you, although I think their style is more one dimensional without the creativity from the forward players. 

Edited by Jobyfox

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Great result.

We're not playing at our best but we're doing a job and it's better than we experienced in the last year or 2.

The main thing is we're digging in and getting results we perhaps wouldn't have in the past.

For me it should have been 2-2 - not that i'm complaining.

As frustrating as Mane's dive wasn't overturned for us VAR has probably helped us more than hindered - I'm annoyed the Mane dive wasn't overturned because of who it was, Liverpool, but on a whole you take that on the chin given Tottenham's offside and yesterday's goal being disallowed. The difference being Mane's dive wasn't even looked at by VAR - Certainly not 'officially'.

I was at the game and pretty sure there was an official VAR check for the penalty at Liverpool. It took about 3 minutes to be taken 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If Benkovic can't play against Burton I'll be very disappointed, he is clearly fit at this point. 

He hasn’t come anywhere close to playing in the first team yet and is clearly miles behind schedule fitness wise. Partner that with a few below par u23 appearances and Id be gobsmacked if he’s anywhere near a first team appearance this entire season.