Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Burnley 1 Post match thread

3 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

Also, CS’s pace is far superior to HM. There have been instances all season where he’s got across and rescued situations where HM wouldn’t have been quick enough. This is subjective of course, HM might have had a better starting position etc. But it can’t be denied that CS is far quicker.

Oh, absolutely. I completely agree with that. Was just nitpicking one thing from countryfox's post.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

The reason they didnt sell their allocation is the population. Their support is incredible their average gate is  almost half the towns population  and in proportion far in excess of any one else in the premier.

Not quite.  Population 81,548 per the last census.

There were 1267 from Burnley according to the official attendance.

10 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

You manage to read through 13 pages of, largely, boneheaded trolling about your team, and this is what gets you too speak up? 

I tend to stick to facts.  No need to get involved in shouting matches with other teams' fans - there's enough of that on our own board!

• Like 2

Random one, was Saturday the biggest turn out of HOME fans in the new ground? Seemed to me as though every single seat was taken including a massive part of the away end as Burnley sent so many back. CL games seemed to have more segregation from memory, and the away teams brought 1500 each time which was more than Burnley did. 

If so then surely the was the biggest home crowd for absolutely years? Filbo didn't hold that many for the last c.10 years of it's life when seats got put on the Kop so you'd have to go back bloody ages to find a bigger home attendance. 

Edit, Egg chasing doesn't count, obviously. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

12 hours ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

Also, CS’s pace is far superior to HM. There have been instances all season where he’s got across and rescued situations where HM wouldn’t have been quick enough. This is subjective of course, HM might have had a better starting position etc. But it can’t be denied that CS is far quicker.

12 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Oh, absolutely. I completely agree with that. Was just nitpicking one thing from countryfox's post.

"Evans is not surprised to see his old team-mate do well at his old club, and can see similarities between Maguire and Van Dijk, who was previously the priciest defender ever, when Liverpool forked out £75m for him in 2018. ‘You can see comparisons in their games (Maguire and Van Dijk), both are great on the ball, and Harry has got explosive pace people don’t see,’ said the Northern Ireland international."

Merely the opinion of a fellow centre half who has played alongside him and other top centre backs.  I'm not trying to score points here but honestly believe that for this season only (as Cags will surely improve) that we would be a stronger team with Maguire in it  ...   and it is THIS SEASON where we have a gilt edged chance to become top 4 and move to the next level ...   because (a) we have a fantastic squad and manager,  and (b) other so called big teams are on their arses.    Two other points ...    At this moment in time I do not think Cags is better than him and would be very surprised if someone comes in at the end of the season and makes a big big offer for him as they did Maguire ...   which surely if he is superior they would ....      And !! ...   if anything happens to either Cags or Evans who else is there to effectively fill the slot ....   

26 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Random one, was Saturday the biggest turn out of HOME fans in the new ground? Seemed to me as though every single seat was taken including a massive part of the away end as Burnley sent so many back. CL games seemed to have more segregation from memory, and the away teams brought 1500 each time which was more than Burnley did. 

If so then surely the was the biggest home crowd for absolutely years? Filbo didn't hold that many for the last c.10 years of it's life when seats got put on the Kop so you'd have to go back bloody ages to find a bigger home attendance. 

The official attendance was bigger for the Newcastle match but as for actually home fans could well be. 

Edited by pds

54 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's about time we reduced our away allocation, until we extend the capacity.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

42 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

"Evans is not surprised to see his old team-mate do well at his old club, and can see similarities between Maguire and Van Dijk, who was previously the priciest defender ever, when Liverpool forked out £75m for him in 2018. ‘You can see comparisons in their games (Maguire and Van Dijk), both are great on the ball, and Harry has got explosive pace people don’t see,’ said the Northern Ireland international."

Merely the opinion of a fellow centre half who has played alongside him and other top centre backs.  I'm not trying to score points here but honestly believe that for this season only (as Cags will surely improve) that we would be a stronger team with Maguire in it  ...   and it is THIS SEASON where we have a gilt edged chance to become top 4 and move to the next level ...   because (a) we have a fantastic squad and manager,  and (b) other so called big teams are on their arses.    Two other points ...    At this moment in time I do not think Cags is better than him and would be very surprised if someone comes in at the end of the season and makes a big big offer for him as they did Maguire ...   which surely if he is superior they would ....      And !! ...   if anything happens to either Cags or Evans who else is there to effectively fill the slot ....   

Right, I totally disagree that Harry would have given us a better chance of Top 4 this season, but neither of us is convincing the other. 

I will say this, though - what use is explosive pace if literally none of us could see it? The likes of Heung-min Son and Jota last season certainly didn't see it either when they peeled away with ease from Harry, to name just two examples from the top of my head.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Real Madrid surely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Merely the opinion of a fellow centre half who has played alongside him and other top centre backs.

It's just obviously not true though is it? It's like him coming out and saying that Ben Chilwell has an incredible right foot that we don't see, or that Marc Albrighton is one of the game's all-time great goalscorers but we just don't see it. The reason people don't see Maguire's explosive pace is that it doesn't exist. I'm not sure if we're clearly better or worse off with Soyuncu in the team but he is objectively much quicker than Maguire.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Guest said:

It's just obviously not true though is it? It's like him coming out and saying that Ben Chilwell has an incredible right foot that we don't see, or that Marc Albrighton is one of the game's all-time great goalscorers but we just don't see it. The reason people don't see Maguire's explosive pace is that it doesn't exist. I'm not sure if we're clearly better or worse off with Soyuncu in the team but he is objectively much quicker than Maguire.

Ok let’s forget pace ..  is he better or not ? ...   and if Soyuncu is better,  we’d better get braced for an £80+ million bid for him in January.

All boils down to would he have helped us finish higher up the table or not ..  I say yes and Nicolo says no ...  we’ll never know.

And I don’t remember Vardy peeling off him when we played Manure ...   and he’s pretty nippy ...   :)

The emotional occasion clearly got to some of the players which resulted in a slow first half with little penetration, followed by a much better second half.

BR is spot on with his comments about our wingers who are just not consistent enough throughout the full game. I'd like to see Albrighton given a run in the team as he is more consistent, never gives up, and certainly works better helping Chilwell.

Gray & Barnes both look better as impact subs and I think they should be in this role until they can show they can contribute for a full match.

Burnley were Burnley. Work so hard, not much quality, well drilled, give nothing for free. Whatever people think about him and his style, Dyche has done a brilliant job there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Not quite.  Population 81,548 per the last census.

There were 1267 from Burnley according to the official attendance.

Still pretty impressive that Burnley get around a quarter of the town's population to go to the football (at Turf Moor).

If we had a similar proportion, we'd be turning away about 70,000 every time we play at the KP!

And, loth as I am to admit it, Derby's support is also fairly impressive given the size of the place.

Edited by Stoopid

Guest An Sionnach

Leicester has a population of 340000 and a metropolitan area of 500000 and should with a successful team need a stadium of 40000 , once that is done and with the new training facilities all the talk of going to a bigger club should fade , success not size will be the only factor in judging whether to leave or not.

On the topic of CS, how many goals conceded this season have been down to him (if we were to pin blame on an individual, which I appreciate is a limited argument on several counts). The utd pen, arguably Wood on Saturday. Any others? I get that he's great, but still some creases to iron out for me. 

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Ok let’s forget pace ..  is he better or not ? ...   and if Soyuncu is better,  we’d better get braced for an £80+ million bid for him in January.

All boils down to would he have helped us finish higher up the table or not ..  I say yes and Nicolo says no ...  we’ll never know.

And I don’t remember Vardy peeling off him when we played Manure ...   and he’s pretty nippy ...   :)

He's better at some things and worse at others. I certainly don't think you can look at our performances so far this season and say definitively that we're worse off without Maguire. They both have their flaws and we did well to have a replacement ready to step in.

I don't remember Vardy peeling off Conor Coady or Ryan Bennett either. Does that mean that they too are blessed with explosive pace?

55 minutes ago, sdb said:

On the topic of CS, how many goals conceded this season have been down to him (if we were to pin blame on an individual, which I appreciate is a limited argument on several counts). The utd pen, arguably Wood on Saturday. Any others? I get that he's great, but still some creases to iron out for me. 

The wood goal is all chilwell imo, have the stop the cross.

1 hour ago, ThaiFox said:

The emotional occasion clearly got to some of the players which resulted in a slow first half with little penetration, followed by a much better second half.

BR is spot on with his comments about our wingers who are just not consistent enough throughout the full game. I'd like to see Albrighton given a run in the team as he is more consistent, never gives up, and certainly works better helping Chilwell.

Gray & Barnes both look better as impact subs and I think they should be in this role until they can show they can contribute for a full match.

Burnley were Burnley. Work so hard, not much quality, well drilled, give nothing for free. Whatever people think about him and his style, Dyche has done a brilliant job there.

Not sure about Albrighton, I know we won the title with him and he puts the effort in, but the game and the team have moved on. I've never seen Mark Albrighton go outside on his left foot like Harvey Barnes did for Vardy's goal, however I do remember him lofting diagonal balls into the box from the left hand side, with his right foot, of which nearly all get cleared by the opposition. 

7 minutes ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

The wood goal is all chilwell imo, have the stop the cross.

I think this is very harsh on Chilwell.

McNeil's little flick back the back the other way is key, if you watch where the ball starts initially (heading directly at Maddison) there's no way Chillwell is blocking it.

In hindsight you could argue Chilwell should have just committed immediate, and gone out to meet McNeil. But if you look there's an enormous gap on the right hand side which only Chilwell can cover, and he risks McNeil skipping past him.

8 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Not sure about Albrighton, I know we won the title with him and he puts the effort in, but the game and the team have moved on. I've never seen Mark Albrighton go outside on his left foot like Harvey Barnes did for Vardy's goal, however I do remember him lofting diagonal balls into the box from the left hand side, with his right foot, of which nearly all get cleared by the opposition. 

The balls he plays over the defence that drop in the space between the defence and the keeper are effective but obviously won’t work every time. Neither will the crosses Barnes and Gray play. 

1 hour ago, sdb said:

Conceded a pen at Old Trafford. That's all I think.

He conceded a similar penalty at Huddersfield last season. He has developed a habit of being rash. I like Soyuncu but he reminds me way too much of David Luiz, another cavalier defender.