Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Wingers

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hopefully be like Tielemans and the form he is showing now isn't because he's bottomed out and isn't good enough for the upper echelons of European football, get him on loan with a view to a £45-50m deal. Done

Right, except the environment he's in is seemibgly perfect to flourish. The team is generally in good form, unlike Monaco. The system suits attacking players. He has a coach known for nurturing attacking talent. It's a more strange situation than Tielemans'.

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Right, except the environment he's in is seemibgly perfect to flourish. The team is generally in good form, unlike Monaco. The system suits attacking players. He has a coach known for nurturing attacking talent. It's a more strange situation than Tielemans'.

Certainly seems odd, I also note they've moved him from playing right wing which he did at Genk to left wing. I didn't see much of him last season, only saw the goals and assists dried up a bit (still got 5 goals 5 assists) and read the articles of his form dropping. 

Probably a big gamble to pay £40m for him, but if he was somehow available for loan to start with then it would be a no brainer.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2019 at 09:51, wattolcfc said:

I'd like to try a loan deal for Foden. The guy needs game time or will never hit his potential, surely he and Man City see this? We'd be the perfect club for him at this moment in time!

..why develop another teams' player!!!!

He won't be stopping with us and only delay us developing our own players!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

This topic intrigued me and I did some snooping... Neres is getting benched by Promes at Ajax, has been most of the season. If this continues, I think we could snag him for considerably less than previously quoted prices during the winter... We all know how good he is, just been benched off a small period of bad form which Promes has capitalised on. Anywhere from €30-40 million would be a good deal

....big fan of Neres!!!

Watched him in the Spurs game last season and he seems to be playing on the left as opposed to a more central position. He is more effective centrally and with the balance of our midfield and current personnel there is no space for him to excel here. In someways he is surrounded by quality at Ajax and obviously this will put pressure on his position.

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....big fan of Neres!!!

Watched him in the Spurs game last season and he seems to be playing on the left as opposed to a more central position. He is more effective centrally and with the balance of our midfield and current personnel there is no space for him to excel here. In someways he is surrounded by quality at Ajax and obviously this will put pressure on his position.

? I've never seen him play centrally, must look into it. I always saw him either left or right wing, I remember he destroyed Real Madrid from the left wing. 

Edit: Just looked at Transfermarkt, says his main position is right wing, followed by left wing then attacking midfield

Edited by Nicolo Barella

Just watched the highlights again. Barnes and Ayoze both played so well in the build up for most of the goals. Hopefully this gives them the confidence they might have needed. Barnes will be hungry to score himself again, having not last night, and he surely will soon.

• 1 month later...
On 21/10/2019 at 09:16, Ric Flair said:

Interesting from Rodgers, I did wonder when he might publicly challenge our wingers again, he said the same at the end of last season. Ironically in terms of assists it's our wingers that are setting up nearly every goal we have scored in the last 3-4 games but they themselves are offering zero goal threat.

January can't come soon enough if this continues, I'm already compiling a list.

Challenge failed?

42 minutes ago, Mark said:

Challenge failed?

You'd have to say so, neither has scored for a while now, and even the last tiem Perez scored, it was thanks to superb play from Vardy.

The transfer window is around the corner and it would be great to bring in a player in this position on either side. Liverpool have Mane, Salah and Shaqiri on the bench. Man City have Sterling, Bernardo, Mahrez and Sane who has been out injured all season. Our wingers are just nowhere near that level.

But whilst it's easy to criticise our players, it's not so easy to find replacements without spending big money. Reaslitically the best player I could see us getting in the window would be Ryan Fraser of Bournemouth. Maybe it's possible to loan in a player again like Tielemans last season? I do feel we need someone even if it's on a short term basis.