Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Wingers

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Steven Bergwijn from PSV for the left wing Or Jonathan Bamba from Lille and for the right wing, Chukwueze from Villareal it's time for him to come here

Marcel Brands (ex PSV DoF) at Everton tried to sign him in the summer but PSV wanted him for one more year. He looks like a very, very good player.

If we end up in Europe and they don't, which based on current form seems more than possible we could snag him. High profile players from the dutch league in recent years haven't done too well such as Depay and Blind for Manchester United, but I think unlike those two, any player that ended up here would have a lot less pressure on them and could thrive Tielemans style. 

One thing that is important to me is we sign technical players as opposed to just physical ones. Even Pepe at Lille for example I think relies too much on his pace than actual skill and decision making to make an impact, even though I think he will end up being very good. What I prefer about players from the Dutch and Belgian leagues is that their technical fundamentals are great. French players do tend to do well in our league mind you, so maybe Bamba is an option. Don't honestly know too much about him but I take it you are a fan!

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Steven Bergwijn from PSV for the left wing Or Jonathan Bamba from Lille and for the right wing, Chukwueze from Villareal it's time for him to come here

I know next to nothing about Bamba, but having looked into Chukwueze and Bergwijn superficially, neither seems to have particularly consistent shooting - exactly like what we already have

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I know next to nothing about Bamba, but having looked into Chukwueze and Bergwijn superficially, neither seems to have particularly consistent shooting - exactly like what we already have

Chukwueze is still very raw but Bergwijn has some solid form over the last couple of seasons and has looked very good for Holland too, still a gamble mind you.

I think the reason Brendan keeps playing Perez and giving him more time than everyone else, is because he's the only one who's shown he can get those goals at this level before, and he desperately wants him to integrate and find that form here because in his mind he's the most likely to do that. 

Barnes has been our most effective winger so far in terms of end product (3 assists and 1 goal in 5 starts and 3 subs) so I think he will continue to start as well. I don't think we'll see a change in the starting wingers for a while for the above reasons. 

Perez isn't a winger and is playing well below his capability imo ...    I'm sure he has lots of goals in him.  Barnes could go either way and I hope BR will get him playing a lot more effectively ...  confidence is an issue at the moment.   Albrighton is way underrated (as usual !!) and should start more with others coming on for him later in the game as impact players.   Gray for me is a busted flush and should be moved on or used as a sweetener in a deal for a replacement.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Chukwueze is still very raw but Bergwijn has some solid form over the last couple of seasons and has looked very good for Holland too, still a gamble mind you.

I watched him live twice, in the Nations League final and in one of the CL games last season, so obviously basing my opinion on this and stats + hearsay isn't going to be a full picture, but in both games he looked good but his shooting was totally off, which doesn't necessarily bode well for life outside the Eredivisie. I'm more than happy to look into him more though, as he does look good. 

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I watched him live twice, in the Nations League final and in one of the CL games last season, so obviously basing my opinion on this and stats + hearsay isn't going to be a full picture, but in both games he looked good but his shooting was totally off, which doesn't necessarily bode well for life outside the Eredivisie. I'm more than happy to look into him more though, as he does look good. 

I think this season will be quite telling, as they have lost Lozano and he is now expected to be the main ammunition from out wide. Donyell Malen is looking to be an absolute machine through the middle so it could be a good double act.

• Like 1

Everton from Gremio is not a bad shout tbh. Desperate to come to Europe, can score. To be honeat I doubt we'll sign a winger in winter however. 

My secret hope is Zaha in the summer. We would have to seriously overpay for him, but I think once he got used to this system he'd bang in 10 goals and 10 assists every season - not to mention that he'd be unlikely to leave us, as by the time he'd have been with us for 2 seasons or so he'd be 29, not a lot of clubs will pay well for a player of that age. Has a great character as well, donates 10% of his salary to charity and that news only got out by paparazzi snooping on him - a celebrity that does charity for the sake of others and not his instagram metrics is solid by me. Not to mention knuckling down after not getting his move. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

A top quality winger is the missing piece for our starting 11. I think Rodgers knows this

That was obvious in the summer, obvious the previous summer and it's obvious now which is why I was so frustrated that we spent £30m on a not-so-top-quality one.

Third time lucky?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Everton from Gremio is not a bad shout tbh. Desperate to come to Europe, can score. To be honeat I doubt we'll sign a winger in winter however. 

My secret hope is Zaha in the summer. We would have to seriously overpay for him, but I think once he got used to this system he'd bang in 10 goals and 10 assists every season - not to mention that he'd be unlikely to leave us, as by the time he'd have been with us for 2 seasons or so he'd be 29, not a lot of clubs will pay well for a player of that age. Has a great character as well, donates 10% of his salary to charity and that news only got out by paparazzi snooping on him - a celebrity that does charity for the sake of others and not his instagram metrics is solid by me. Not to mention knuckling down after not getting his move. 

No Brazilian player has ever represented the Foxes!

Someone is going to change that statistic one day... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shane said:

Bergwijn will cost a lot and there will be competition for his signature.

Stengs at Alkmaar is probably a more realistic option, very highly rated. Left footed, 14 goal contributions in 18 games this season.

Very good shout on Stengs, breakout season but with his agent, getting hold of him will be a nightmare.

There's always many a foreign wingers name thrown into the pot on here like in the summer yet what do we really know about any of them? How many on here were raving on and on about Sarr who ended up at Watford and who has thus far been a disappointment, mainly due allegedly to his unwillingness to track back and work hard etc (perhaps 'superhorns' who visits us on here could clarify). Then there were those shouting about Jahanbaksh the year before who ended up at Brighton, hows he doing?

Ziyech, though undoubtedly talented, didn't he reportedly have huge temprement problems in his earlier days? Strange that a player lauded so much as a genius on here wasn't snapped up by a big club in the summer. I would think that there must have been reasons why we as a club weren't in for those three (though the latter apparently believes he's worthy of much better than teams like us). Our more recent signings by our current scouting network you have to say appear to have been excellent. The only one they allegedly didn't have real input into was Perez, a Rodgers signing and the jury is currently still out on him. Sometimes it's not an unwillingness to spend but more a club won't sell, a player doesn't fancy us or, us not wanting them for reasons we would never be aware of. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Zaha is good but I wouldn't want to spend whatever overblown  figure Palace is going to demand for his signature. 

Yeah no chance are we getting Zaha.

Palace would want the sort of money we'd be looking to sell Maddison for.

Would you make that swap? Personally wouldn't.

8 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Does Bamba still have a left leg? Thought Choudhury nearly murdered him in the summer?

Wouldn't mind seeing if we can tempt Yannick Carrasco back to European football.

I caught a bit of a Belgian international last week on TV and did wonder about Carrasco, still only 26 I think?

I don't know a great deal about him or sure where he rates in world football but looked decent. He left Atleti for China at a surprisingly young age?

Having Praet and Tielemans here must help our chances.

31 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

I caught a bit of a Belgian international last week on TV and did wonder about Carrasco, still only 26 I think?

I don't know a great deal about him or sure where he rates in world football but looked decent. He left Atleti for China at a surprisingly young age?

Having Praet and Tielemans here must help our chances.

Awful reputation for being a spoiled brat. Atletico fans say he has massive ego problems. He's been on Twitter airing dirty laundry between him and his club (he plays in China).

I'd steer about 5 miles wide.