Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ric Flair

Wingers

Recommended Posts

Quote

Interesting from Rodgers, I did wonder when he might publicly challenge our wingers again, he said the same at the end of last season. Ironically in terms of assists it's our wingers that are setting up nearly every goal we have scored in the last 3-4 games but they themselves are offering zero goal threat.

 

January can't come soon enough if this continues, I'm already compiling a list.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit the nail on the head. Their performances have not been consistent. There isn't a guaranteed starter in that position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eblair said:

albrighton if he played... it bleedin obvious

2 goals 2 assists last season, it's quite clear Rodgers doesn't think he can improve him which is surprising as I think he's the exact sort of player that would thrive under him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting from Rodgers, I did wonder when he might publicly challenge our wingers again, he said the same at the end of last season. Ironically in terms of assists it's our wingers that are setting up nearly every goal we have scored in the last 3-4 games but they themselves are offering zero goal threat.

 

January can't come soon enough if this continues, I'm already compiling a list.

Names ric ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the one position that separates us from the team's around us at present. Agree with the above points that albrighton and Barnes would work well, however we really could do with a new winger in Jan or the summer to take us to that next level, the rest of the team looks really strong apart from that. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bid in for Ziyech. A real statement of intent (granted we're still up there at Christmas time).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our style of play at the minute is not helping the wingers really, Maddison and Tielemans like to pick up the ball outside the box and patiently pass from side to side, full backs keep the width so our wingers are struggling where to be and find space. Perez needs to get in the box more and Barnes his at his best running past them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Names ric ?

 
Steven Bergwijn from PSV for the left wing Or Jonathan Bamba from Lille and for the right wing, Chukwueze from Villareal it's time for him to come here
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he needs to take a bit of the responsibility himself mind. Barnes and Perez both had goal scoring chances in the box against Burnley and looked really short on confidence. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Bamba still have a left leg? Thought Choudhury nearly murdered him in the summer?

 

Wouldn't mind seeing if we can tempt Yannick Carrasco back to European football.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Does Bamba still have a left leg? Thought Choudhury nearly murdered him in the summer?

 

Wouldn't mind seeing if we can tempt Yannick Carrasco back to European football.

Carrasco is a great shout in January actually, a loan deal until the summer with a view to a permanent deal is likelier easier to negotiate than signing other highly coveted European or domestic based players.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all well and good to say this now, but why not actually acquire a winger in the summer if this was a priority area?

 

For now, play the best 11 (which includes Praet) and bring the wingers off the bench, as Rodgers said.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To play them into form someone needs a run of games. Pick two and give them a 5 game run if you want to see them hit their best.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ziyech is the one I've wanted for about a year, but I'm not sure if he'll come here. I think Ryan Fraser is probably the one we're going to end up with, as he'll have 6 months left on his contract come January.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Albrighton should feel a bit harshly done by.

 

Was our best player in pre-season and has really impacted a couple of times off the bench, but has had to largelysit and watch Perez put in poor performance after poor performance ahead of him so far.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Was our best player in pre-season and has really impacted a couple of times off the bench, but has had to largelysit and watch Perez put in poor performance after poor performance ahead of him so far.

I wouldn't want Albrighton starting on the right ahead of Perez or Gray, he can be effective on the left as he cuts inside this is where the majority of his assists and good play come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Ziyech is the one I've wanted for about a year, but I'm not sure if he'll come here. I think Ryan Fraser is probably the one we're going to end up with, as he'll have 6 months left on his contract come January.

Ziyech could start to take notice if we’re still hanging about the top 4 by January, but I still think he’ll likely hold out for a bigger club with more European pedigree. 
 

Fraser would 100% be an “us” signing, and I think he’d fit in well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i mean neither of the first choice wingers are actually wingers, which probably doesn’t help 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a boring subject as we all new we needed a world class wide man since Mahrez left.

 

We only needed 2 players in the summer and after Tielemens the ONLY other position that would of completed the 11 is a winger.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suppose the question is - what does he want from his "so called" wingers?

- More quality crosses?

- More direct running?

- More goals?

- Me to read the article before posting?

- All of the above??

 

Fancy its not crosses else he would start Marc

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Suppose the question is - what does he want from his "so called" wingers?

- More quality crosses?

- More direct running?

- More goals?

- Me to read the article before posting?

- All of the above??

 

Fancy its not crosses else he would start Marc

 

 

It's a good question, goals simply. Assists wise they are doing ok this season but 1 goal between them is disgusting after 9 games.

 

The thing is, Albrighton is never going to score many but i'm surprised with the way he plays that Rodgers doesn't like him. I think he is persisting with Barnes because if he can make the step up to this level he's a natural goal scorer like he has been at every leavel below the PL. Likewise Perez has shown he's capable of double figures in this league from wide right, even if he isn't a conventional winger. Gray is always going to be an impact sub at best here unless he miraculously finds genuine consistency in his end product but we've already seen Rodgers is less than impressed with him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a good question, goals simply. Assists wise they are doing ok this season but 1 goal between them is disgusting after 9 games.

 

The thing is, Albrighton is never going to score many but i'm surprised with the way he plays that Rodgers doesn't like him. I think he is persisting with Barnes because if he can make the step up to this level he's a natural goal scorer like he has been at every leavel below the PL. Likewise Perez has shown he's capable of double figures in this league from wide right, even if he isn't a conventional winger. Gray is always going to be an impact sub at best here unless he miraculously finds genuine consistency in his end product but we've already seen Rodgers is less than impressed with him.

See - this bit - it genuinely shocked me.

I just felt Albrighton was 100%  someone Rodgers would love and that he was almost gauranteed ti start every game.

The fact he doesn`t, I think is indicative that a pure winger who "just" hugs the touchline and puts in good crosses, is not what Rodgers wants.

Agree on Barnes, Gray really has an opportunity, but cannot imagine he will/can take it.

Perez is the hope on the right, so does this mean we may look for a left sided (rigtht footed) winger/inside forward - maybe so.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...