Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Wingers

Interesting from Rodgers, I did wonder when he might publicly challenge our wingers again, he said the same at the end of last season. Ironically in terms of assists it's our wingers that are setting up nearly every goal we have scored in the last 3-4 games but they themselves are offering zero goal threat.

January can't come soon enough if this continues, I'm already compiling a list.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, eblair said:

albrighton if he played... it bleedin obvious

2 goals 2 assists last season, it's quite clear Rodgers doesn't think he can improve him which is surprising as I think he's the exact sort of player that would thrive under him.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting from Rodgers, I did wonder when he might publicly challenge our wingers again, he said the same at the end of last season. Ironically in terms of assists it's our wingers that are setting up nearly every goal we have scored in the last 3-4 games but they themselves are offering zero goal threat.

January can't come soon enough if this continues, I'm already compiling a list.

Names ric ?

Our style of play at the minute is not helping the wingers really, Maddison and Tielemans like to pick up the ball outside the box and patiently pass from side to side, full backs keep the width so our wingers are struggling where to be and find space. Perez needs to get in the box more and Barnes his at his best running past them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Does Bamba still have a left leg? Thought Choudhury nearly murdered him in the summer?

Wouldn't mind seeing if we can tempt Yannick Carrasco back to European football.

Carrasco is a great shout in January actually, a loan deal until the summer with a view to a permanent deal is likelier easier to negotiate than signing other highly coveted European or domestic based players.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Was our best player in pre-season and has really impacted a couple of times off the bench, but has had to largelysit and watch Perez put in poor performance after poor performance ahead of him so far.

I wouldn't want Albrighton starting on the right ahead of Perez or Gray, he can be effective on the left as he cuts inside this is where the majority of his assists and good play come.

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Ziyech is the one I've wanted for about a year, but I'm not sure if he'll come here. I think Ryan Fraser is probably the one we're going to end up with, as he'll have 6 months left on his contract come January.

Ziyech could start to take notice if we’re still hanging about the top 4 by January, but I still think he’ll likely hold out for a bigger club with more European pedigree. 

Fraser would 100% be an “us” signing, and I think he’d fit in well. 

• Like 1

Suppose the question is - what does he want from his "so called" wingers?

- More quality crosses?

- More direct running?

- More goals?

- Me to read the article before posting?

- All of the above??

Fancy its not crosses else he would start Marc

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Suppose the question is - what does he want from his "so called" wingers?

- More quality crosses?

- More direct running?

- More goals?

- Me to read the article before posting?

- All of the above??

Fancy its not crosses else he would start Marc

It's a good question, goals simply. Assists wise they are doing ok this season but 1 goal between them is disgusting after 9 games.

The thing is, Albrighton is never going to score many but i'm surprised with the way he plays that Rodgers doesn't like him. I think he is persisting with Barnes because if he can make the step up to this level he's a natural goal scorer like he has been at every leavel below the PL. Likewise Perez has shown he's capable of double figures in this league from wide right, even if he isn't a conventional winger. Gray is always going to be an impact sub at best here unless he miraculously finds genuine consistency in his end product but we've already seen Rodgers is less than impressed with him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a good question, goals simply. Assists wise they are doing ok this season but 1 goal between them is disgusting after 9 games.

The thing is, Albrighton is never going to score many but i'm surprised with the way he plays that Rodgers doesn't like him. I think he is persisting with Barnes because if he can make the step up to this level he's a natural goal scorer like he has been at every leavel below the PL. Likewise Perez has shown he's capable of double figures in this league from wide right, even if he isn't a conventional winger. Gray is always going to be an impact sub at best here unless he miraculously finds genuine consistency in his end product but we've already seen Rodgers is less than impressed with him.

See - this bit - it genuinely shocked me.

I just felt Albrighton was 100%  someone Rodgers would love and that he was almost gauranteed ti start every game.

The fact he doesn`t, I think is indicative that a pure winger who "just" hugs the touchline and puts in good crosses, is not what Rodgers wants.

Agree on Barnes, Gray really has an opportunity, but cannot imagine he will/can take it.

Perez is the hope on the right, so does this mean we may look for a left sided (rigtht footed) winger/inside forward - maybe so.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1