Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
E.Rose

Death Stranding - PS4

4 minutes ago, E.Rose said:

Hmm, it's a no from me based on that review. If it's all repetitive delivery drops as mentioned I think I'd rather boot up RDR2 and roam around on that instead.  

I'm just going to wait it out until it's dirt cheap, big fan of Hideo Kojima but it seems as though his ego has gone to his head. I think he has literally developed a "s*** sandwich" and serving it to the customer, some of the reviews on Meta Critic are heralding it 10/10 or 100%.

I'm just going to stick with FIFA 20 and Outer Worlds for the time being.

On 06/11/2019 at 10:44, Rusko187 said:

I'm going to give this a go, craving for something new and different.

If it's awful I'll flog it off, but I could be missing out on what cold potentially be an epic game.

Let us know how it goes 👍

On 01/11/2019 at 14:09, Rusko187 said:

I'm just going to wait it out until it's dirt cheap, big fan of Hideo Kojima but it seems as though his ego has gone to his head. I think he has literally developed a "s*** sandwich" and serving it to the customer, some of the reviews on Meta Critic are heralding it 10/10 or 100%.

I'm just going to stick with FIFA 20 and Outer Worlds for the time being.

How are you finding The Outer Worlds? I’m just looking at it now on the PS Store 

On 08/11/2019 at 21:22, E.Rose said:

How are you finding The Outer Worlds? I’m just looking at it now on the PS Store 

Whisper it very quietly but I put Outer Worlds down after one weekend. 

I felt really, really let down and really disappointed by the hype. 

Maybe it's just me, I dunno. I really didn't find it that gripping past the first few hours. 

22 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Whisper it very quietly but I put Outer Worlds down after one weekend. 

I felt really, really let down and really disappointed by the hype. 

Maybe it's just me, I dunno. I really didn't find it that gripping past the first few hours. 

That's interesting to hear. I was considering a purchase; but good to get a bit of balance.

I'm still working through DQXI and I have Wreckfest for lighter relief too. Outer Worlds did appeal, but I will probably wait for a price drop.

It's on Xbox Game Pass, I haven't put too much time into Outer Worlds either.

Ok, so played Death Stranding for a few hours over the weekend. I'm a big Kojima fan and really only ever been disappointed with MGS5 out of the entire series, saying this so it provides some context to my thoughts.

Gameplay wise - I can see this getting really boring, I've maybe 3/4 deliveries so far and if I'm honest, I could really take it or leave it. No real tangible reward to the grind that I can currently see.

Story wise - This is what's making me come back, had it not been for a Kojima story, and the air of mystery about what's going on then I wouldn't have really bothered with the game.

Everyone is different, but for me, I've become more conservative with my time... if something isn't worth the grind then I shall not bother, I'm at a point where I'm 4-5 hours in and I've lost the interest in continuing to play. Others may find this experience different... but it's not the 10/10 some reviewers have been going through.

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

Ok, so played Death Stranding for a few hours over the weekend. I'm a big Kojima fan and really only ever been disappointed with MGS5 out of the entire series, saying this so it provides some context to my thoughts.

Gameplay wise - I can see this getting really boring, I've maybe 3/4 deliveries so far and if I'm honest, I could really take it or leave it. No real tangible reward to the grind that I can currently see.

Story wise - This is what's making me come back, had it not been for a Kojima story, and the air of mystery about what's going on then I wouldn't have really bothered with the game.

Everyone is different, but for me, I've become more conservative with my time... if something isn't worth the grind then I shall not bother, I'm at a point where I'm 4-5 hours in and I've lost the interest in continuing to play. Others may find this experience different... but it's not the 10/10 some reviewers have been going through.

If others have a different experience, then it may well be 10/10 for them.

All reviews are subjective and I've seen some over lukewarm reviews for Death Stranding, it's not universal praise by any means.

The secret is to find a reviewer you generally agree with, who wants the same experience from a game/film/music that you do and go by their reviews.

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

Thanks for your feedback. I’ve recently watched a few gameplay videos and I think as you’ve also said, the delivery part would begin to bore me too after a while.

Perhaps it would be one to reconsider when the price drops. 

54 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

If others have a different experience, then it may well be 10/10 for them.

All reviews are subjective and I've seen some over lukewarm reviews for Death Stranding, it's not universal praise by any means.

The secret is to find a reviewer you generally agree with, who wants the same experience from a game/film/music that you do and go by their reviews.

Touche, those reviewing it a 10/10 are not reviewing it as enjoyable video game though, but are more reviewing it as an artsy statement of the beautiful message he's trying to portr........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz