Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
E.Rose

Death Stranding - PS4

9 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Touche, those reviewing it a 10/10 are not reviewing it as enjoyable video game though, but are more reviewing it as an artsy statement of the beautiful message he's trying to portr........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Or... they're enjoying it.

From what I've seen, it looks like I'd enjoy it. One man's poison and all that.

Few more hours played, it does pick up and improve and I am enjoying it more, but find it's better to go at this in small bites as opposed to binging on this for hours on end. It's most certainly well polished and I haven't come across any bugs.

I'll keep dropping updates, I wouldn't say to anyone that this is absolutely something you shouldn't buy... just think the IGN review probably has the scoring about right.

Edit: One other thing to add, I've started coming across more of the bridge link... which is where you start to see the contributions of others in your game world, people have built Bridges across rivers, ladders and climbing ropes which all really give you a hand. I thought I wouldn't be too fussed on this mechanic, but you do get a sense of wanting to contribute yourself.

Edited by Rusko187
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Finished it last night.

I enjoyed pushing forward and creating new structures so that future trips would be easier for both me and other players. I would leave the main story for hours to increase links between communities. 

I didn't enjoy the stealth or the combat, neither of which felt challenging, just in the way of getting the game advanced (I don't want to fight a catcher, I'm building a road!) Didn't enjoy the Cliff episodes at all. They just felt like a completely different game. If I want to play a 3rd person shooter, I'll buy a 3rd person shooter. Lastly, I didn't enjoy the huge cut scenes littered throughout, but particularly to the end. I know this is Hideo Kojima and it's to be expected, but there was a lot of repeated exposition. "Do you remember (x+y) I told you earlier? Well, you remember (something that you have indeed remembered)..." and so on.

In a weird way I enjoyed it, but I can't see myself going back to it

• 9 months later...
Just now, moore_94 said:

I never played when it originally released, what are peoples opinions on it?

I actually quite liked it, but it's definitely marmite.  Extremely slow and hard to compare it to anything really to gauge who's "type" of game it is.   If you see it on offer (£18 on PC which is one of the good PlayStation ports) i'd give it a go.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...