Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Half-Life: Alyx

Seems I might need to splash cash on a VR rig. I have no idea what that will mean, upgrading my PC (though Valve have usually been very good a getting HL looking good and running well on even modest machines).

Looks amazing, though I'd much prefer HL3 on a standard screen.

• Like 1

Thought this day would never come, though I'm no huge fan of VR, half life 2 and the subsequent episodes are still my favourite games of all time, reading up on this it is a full half life game set between 1 and 2, this could be 'the game' that pushes VR to be taken seriously and luckily my nephew has a good rig and a top headset so I will absolutely give this a go with the hope it is the game that converts me to VR, rise and shine.

• Like 1

This came out of nowhere. Looks really bloody good, and will deffo be the best execution of VR yet. 

It's been well documented that Valve have tried to find ways to take the series forward, but all the projects have been canned.

Wonder if they've found the solution and we'll finally see HL3?

Edited by RoboFox

Similar views as above, Half-Life and Half-Life 2 are up with my favourite games of all time.  The VR is a concern, but Valve have always insisted the Half-Life games are almost technology defining games.  Half-Life 2 still looks decent today and the physics engine it introduced was fantastic.  Feel Valve would only want to issue a Half-Life game if they can make a "generational leap" over current games and a quality VR game seems like the only route they have.  I'm also sure that the £900 odd quid Valve Index was part of this decision too!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Been playing it and my god this is the best VR game, it certainly breaks new ground. Love half life and to have it done so well in VR is incredible. Videos don’t do it justice, you need to play it for yourself. 

If I didn't already have a rift, I reckon this game on it's own would probably make the £300~ spend worth it. There's been some good vr games over the last couple of years, even a couple of really good, but this is genuinely breathtaking. Saw the £40 odd quid price tag and thought wow how can it justify that, just milking the half life love etc etc, so glad I was this wrong.

15 hours ago, Innovindil said:

If I didn't already have a rift, I reckon this game on it's own would probably make the £300~ spend worth it. There's been some good vr games over the last couple of years, even a couple of really good, but this is genuinely breathtaking. Saw the £40 odd quid price tag and thought wow how can it justify that, just milking the half life love etc etc, so glad I was this wrong.

The only one disappointment is, you don’t get the Iconic crowbar in this game...