Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Kristoffer Ajer

10 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

He looks like he'd be a monster on corners.

21 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

He never played on plastic pitches in Scotland last time after his first injury, he was always left out, I'd imagine that would be the case even more so if he were to come back on a loan capacity.

25% of SPL pitches are synthetic.Are there many players who are "excused duty"on plastic pitches? 

If so,could the teams be opening themselves up to duty of care litigation.

I heard Martin Keown on the radio saying that his son,who plays in Scotland,

had picked up a serious injury which he was attributing to that type of pitch.

5 hours ago, notnow john said:

25% of SPL pitches are synthetic.Are there many players who are "excused duty"on plastic pitches? 

If so,could the teams be opening themselves up to duty of care litigation.

I heard Martin Keown on the radio saying that his son,who plays in Scotland,

had picked up a serious injury which he was attributing to that type of pitch.

Yeah there are a few, mainly at the Celtic and Rangers who typically get left out on plastic pitches.  Although 25% of clubs have them you tend to find that Celtic and Rangers anyway don't play 25% of fixtures on them because of the way our league work's up here with the split.  Teams with those pitches bar Kilmarnock in recent years tend to finish in the bottom 6.

There have been a few serious injuries on these pitches and I for one think they are embaressment but a duty of care litigation is very far fetched imo given there are a number of league's all over Europe who now use them and as such are approved by UEFA.

We will need two players capable of starting for every position if we intend to maintain our position through the busy Winter schedule. I don't think anyone views Big Wes as a starter for a top six side. I fully expect to see Benko included in the squad in the next few weeks with Ajer joining us in January or in the Summer. That would give us three young CB's & one experienced CB to compete in Europe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mythyaar said:

Celtic season ticket holders I ve spoken to think it's great business for them if it goes through. He isn't very quick and gets caught in possession. Add reckless to the charge sheet too. Certainly NOT ready for the premier league.

Definitely not bitter he's probably going to leave. Never fancied him, anyway.

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Leicester's pitch is partly synthetic

There's a difference between Desso and 100% synthetic. Desso is the industry standard and a mix. Happy Reading :)

On 29/11/2019 at 17:07, Mythyaar said:

Celtic season ticket holders I ve spoken to think it's great business for them if it goes through. He isn't very quick and gets caught in possession. Add reckless to the charge sheet too. Certainly NOT ready for the premier league.

That's a bit over the top imo, he's still raw at times yes and can be a bit naive/rash on occassion but he's got bundles of potential.  I'd argue he is very much ready for the premier league given his performances for us in Europe and the fact he's a seasoned international already, particularly with an experienced head like Evans next to him and bled into the side gradually.  In fact he'd be the perfect signing in that he would probably settle for being third choice and getting 10-15 games his first season or so which would allow him to develop further.  You should look at someone like Soyuncu as an example, your not always buying off the shelf, ready made players to go right into the side and unless you lose one of Evans or Soyuncu you don't need to sign someone that needs to be a mainstay right away.  The alternative is go and sign someone like Lewis Dunk for £60m.  I know what I'd rather do and what Rodgers will likely do also.  The signing of someone like Soyuncu has to absolutely be the model you guys follow if possible.

Edited by henrik_62

On 29/11/2019 at 10:07, Mythyaar said:

Thats funny because the fan forum TalkCeltic rate him quite highly but saying that they loved Benkovic as well & still talk about him coming back. I've watched hm on TV in the European cup and he looks very good. He was a DM who Brendan converted to CB so Leicester have lots of info on him. 

• Like 1