Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Kristoffer Ajer

Leicester City are planning a £20m move for Celtic's 21-year-old Norwegian defender Kristoffer Ajer in January. (90min)

This one has been bubbling for a while and I couldn’t see a recent thread so...

Ajer anybody? Just can’t help but think there’s something about Benkovic that Brendan doesn’t like....

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think it will happen and Benkovic will go back there.

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Would push a lot of Celtic fans over the edge, so get it done. 

Just went on the Celtic forum to look at their opinion and it drastically changes from page 122 to 123 (never read any more)

https://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/kristoffer-ajer-t52182-s2420.html

Edited by Gerard

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Just went on the Celtic forum to look at their opinion and it drastically changes from page 122 to 123 (never read any more)

https://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/kristoffer-ajer-t52182-s2420.html

They've also got a thread under the title of "Our Former Manager" about Rodgers - or the "wee carrot" as he seems to be known as in that metropolis of harmony and tolerance.

They really are (mostly) a nasty bunch, with wonderful hindsight claiming that despite his achievements in Scotland with Celtic, he wasn't really that good and they never liked him anyway. So there.

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I would like to know what the issue is with Benkovic..... 

So would I, he appeared to be a star in the making whilst at Celtic but as soon as he comes back here he appear to be lost in the system.

Not once have we had an update by the media or ITK. I was hoping by this stage he would have replaced Morgan on the bench and if not pushing Evans and Soyuncu for their place at least prove to be as capable as them just like Praet is proving it with Tielemans and Maddison. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Gerard said:

So would I, he appeared to be a star in the making whilst at Celtic but as soon as he comes back here he appear to be lost in the system.

Not once have we had an update by the media or ITK. I was hoping by this stage he would have replaced Morgan on the bench and if not pushing Evans and Soyuncu for their place at least prove to be as capable as them just like Praet is proving it with Tielemans and Maddison. 

Got injured while away in summer with Croatia, didn’t really get a pre-season so he played a couple of games for the u23s, but got injured again

Came back from injury in the middle of October and played 2 more games for the u23s and hasn’t played again since, wouldn’t surprise me if he is injured again

Seems like he has real problems with his ankle, an injury which he can’t seem to get rid of

It has been mentioned that he had a few injuries at his previous club, then missed about 2-3 months at the start of this year with Celtic

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I would be amazed if we sell him to you.

I could see Ajer coming here with Benkovic going the other way on loan.

In what way would you be amazed? He can't even make your match day squad at present, signing Ajer would make that even more difficult for him, he seems to pick up injuries a lot and furthermore he cost you guys peanuts in relative EPL terms (£13m?) so it's not like you have a lot of cash to recoup on him.  Whether he goes to Celtic or not it feels to me like Benkovic is someone they may look to cut their losses on if there was a decent bid.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

In what way would you be amazed? He can't even make your match day squad at present, signing Ajer would make that even more difficult for him and furthermore he cost you guys peanuts in relative EPL terms (£13m?) so it's not like you have a lot of cash to recoup on him.

I think your comment the other day about Armstrong and Boyata was right on the money.

I actually see Ajer coming to us with a Benkovic half season loan and cash going to Celtic. Benkovic will be going for fitness.

He won't be going anywhere if he's still injured. The Winter window is a pain in the ass and Ajer won't be going anywhere without a ready replacement.

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

No. We have two games next week. If he's gonna make a gameday squad, now's the time (the U21's also have a League Trophy knockout match next week -- 5 over21's can play - wonder how seriously we will take it...)

There's no way to figure out the situation with his health. Benkovic should be playing everything if he's ready to go on loan.

Would seem a big mistake to send someone out who wasn't fit. Don't think we'd be wrapping him in cotton in prep for sending to Celtic.

Unless we're selling? Something doesn't smell right............. Come on reporters ask the right questions!