Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lesta2014

Sidnei Tavares

1 hour ago, Xen said:

He's been in our academy since 2010 apparently, so if he wanted to have dual citizenship he's been here more than long enough to be eligible. Being homesick is fair enough (but again, he's been here since 2010 so you'd think that wouldn't be an issue), but he's Portuguese so I'm not sure how signing for Marseille would alleviate that.

To me, this just seems like an agent posturing for either improved terms, a faster progression to the first team (maybe off the back of missing out on a squad place in the cup yesterday) and/or a loan deal in January.

There were similar articles about a year ago, which I assume came from his agent and we seemingly gave him a professional contract and he started playing for the U23's. He's since gone back to the U18's and is probably pissed off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There were similar articles about a year ago, which I assume came from his agent and we seemingly gave him a professional contract and he started playing for the U23's. He's since gone back to the U18's and is probably pissed off.

I'm assuming he has no future in the first team tbf? 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm assuming he has no future in the first team tbf? 

It doesn't seem a great pathway for him at the minute, you'd hope as a bare minimum that Dewsbury-Hall would get a loan move next month and then Tavares would step up to the U23's as first choice for 4-5 months and see if he can kick on.

Don’t think he’s homesick. Just trying to push his way through the pecking order. He’s got every right to as he’s got the potential to be a top player. He will definitely be one that we will regret not holding onto if we loose him. His best bet is to follow Harvey Barnes path into the first team through loans. 

2 hours ago, s11nny said:

Don’t think he’s homesick. Just trying to push his way through the pecking order. He’s got every right to as he’s got the potential to be a top player. He will definitely be one that we will regret not holding onto if we loose him. His best bet is to follow Harvey Barnes path into the first team through loans. 

I trust the decision makers here ... the only problem is his age which means we may not be able to hold onto him and loan him out to get better experience