Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Emphasis on Caravan Cup is costing us

2 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Liverpool played a youth team v a full Everton side and still won!!! 

Often a mainly reserve team in the Carabao Cup means players are fresh and have something to prove.

They played a full youth team against Villa in the Carabao Cup and got knocked out, heavily.

I don't believe that, team selection was wrong for me today. Fuchs or Justin should have played, we could have played mendy with or for hamza when he seemed to struggle, Maddison should have been rested for fresh legs. Nacho deserved to start. We had the players today. 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

They played a full youth team against Villa in the Carabao Cup and got knocked out, heavily.

Because they saw winning the Club cup as more important (money dictated that decision) because I don't think the World Club Cup is anything more than an exhibition tournament

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Thank god you're not our manager. 'hope for the best'. 

Madness lol

Every match you hope for the best......today's performance and tactics were not far from hoping for the best....seemed Soton had a game plan.....what was ours?

• Like 1

For me we need to take the Caravan Cup seriously as we need some silverware, our last was the Prem. title itself of course....and since then we've been treading water effectively, despite a great season this to date. So we need to put out our best side to try and beat Villa in leg two....and then hope either Mancs team has an off day in the final if we get there! I think we've basically had an off day today v Saints, who were also keen for revenge of course. I think we'll still finish in 3rd come May, 4th at worst. It might also depend on if we sign anybody in this window. We've had one or two wake up calls of late though, I must say - starting with the Liverpool thumping....and now today.... 

1 minute ago, Guy said:

For me we need to take the Caravan Cup seriously as we need some silverware, our last was the Prem. title itself of course....and since then we've been treading water effectively, despite a great season this to date. So we need to put out our best side to try and beat Villa in leg two....and then hope either Mancs team has an off day in the final if we get there! I think we've basically had an off day today v Saints, who were also keen for revenge of course. I think we'll still finish in 3rd come May, 4th at worst. It might also depend on if we sign anybody in this window. We've had one or two wake up calls of late though, I must say - starting with the Liverpool thumping....and now today.... 

Getting battered here buddy.....it's only my opinion people don't have to agree with me.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Previous thread was closed....perhaps because it pains people to admit I'm right.

We simply do not have enough depth in our squad to play a strong team in the Caravan Cup and expect to win at the weekend.

Right now we need to concentrate on getting points to stay in the top 4.

If it gets to the end of the season and we've exerted effort to do as well as we can in the cup and it's cost us the difference between 4th and 5th we are going to look very very silly.

Top 4 trump's the cups by a million miles.

I'm not saying we play a complete reserve side in the cup but we should have been giving our star players a break....Vardy should have been tested mid week for Nacho....Mendy should have played (since he's done well lately) Albrighton should have started since he didn't play at all today...likewise Justin to give Ricardo a break.

Go ahead and shoot me down but despite being lombasted before I still stick to what I said. 

Things are fine now but come the end of the season if they're not by the narrowest of margins.....cup exploits will 100% have had some influence on this.

Rightly so. People want to talk about silverware not league positions you oddball. 

54 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Are you mad???!?! Champions League place is worth £40 million plus Champions League compared to £200k plus poxey Europa League?!?!

I'd rather see us win silverware than finish 3rd. That’s what gets remembered in history. 

What are you planning to do with your share of the £40m if we get champions league?