Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

Emphasis on Caravan Cup is costing us

Previous thread was closed....perhaps because it pains people to admit I'm right.

We simply do not have enough depth in our squad to play a strong team in the Caravan Cup and expect to win at the weekend.

Right now we need to concentrate on getting points to stay in the top 4.

If it gets to the end of the season and we've exerted effort to do as well as we can in the cup and it's cost us the difference between 4th and 5th we are going to look very very silly.

Top 4 trump's the cups by a million miles.

I'm not saying we play a complete reserve side in the cup but we should have been giving our star players a break....Vardy should have been tested mid week for Nacho....Mendy should have played (since he's done well lately) Albrighton should have started since he didn't play at all today...likewise Justin to give Ricardo a break.

Go ahead and shoot me down but despite being lombasted before I still stick to what I said. 

Things are fine now but come the end of the season if they're not by the narrowest of margins.....cup exploits will 100% have had some influence on this.

• Haha 1

Weve been full strength once or twice at the most.

Its ridiculous the amount of excuses we can come out with for this.

Choudary has barely played this season in comparison to others and he was cack today. 

Sorry, not having that. I think even if we didnt have the cup we'd be struggling as we are on a bad run of form and it could well be us running out of steam, plus a young squad that is struggling to deal with a drop in confidence. Got to dig in now, losing Ndidi is a huge blow and without him we aren't anywhere near as stable. Chilwell's performances are hindering us too, we could go more defensive with 3-4-1-2 but we then need a reliable left sided player who can defend but also be dangerous in attack otherwise we become too easy to play against. 

I trust Rodgers to navigate us through this, we have to go and get 2-3 players if we want to hold on to this superb season.

We played a full strength team v Everto ln and Villa. Against Burton, Newcastle and whoever else we played it was a second string 11. We subsequently rested the entire team against West Ham. So all in all, our first choice have played 1 extra game than Southampton. 

Your logic doesn't add up.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Previous thread was closed....perhaps because it pains people to admit I'm right.

We simply do not have enough depth in our squad to play a strong team in the Caravan Cup and expect to win at the weekend.

Right now we need to concentrate on getting points to stay in the top 4.

If it gets to the end of the season and we've exerted effort to do as well as we can in the cup and it's cost us the difference between 4th and 5th we are going to look very very silly.

Top 4 trump's the cups by a million miles.

I'm not saying we play a complete reserve side in the cup but we should have been giving our star players a break....Vardy should have been tested mid week for Nacho....Mendy should have played (since he's done well lately) Albrighton should have started since he didn't play at all today...likewise Justin to give Ricardo a break.

Go ahead and shoot me down but despite being lombasted before I still stick to what I said. 

Things are fine now but come the end of the season if they're not by the narrowest of margins.....cup exploits will 100% have had some influence on this.

Does it hell trump top 4. 

Nah, we should go all out for the cup! Not like we are in the early rounds. We are one game from Wembley now!

Would have been gutted if we had rested players mid-week and may still have gone on to lose this.

Top 4 is still well within our hands. 11 point cushion to a totally inconsistent Man U who play Liverpool away next. 

Crao today but still buzzing about this team and where we are at over all 

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

We played a full strength team v Everto ln and Villa. Against Burton, Newcastle and whoever else we played it was a second string 11. We subsequently rested the entire team against West Ham. So all in all, our first choice have played 1 extra game than Southampton. 

Your logic doesn't add up.

Still think it's impacted us in the league and contributed to us dropping vital points

2 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Are you mad???!?! Champions League place is worth £40 million plus Champions League compared to £200k plus poxey Europa League?!?!

How much of it do you get?

Idk how much its costing us, I guess you could make an argument as its added 2 games at an already busy period and the difference in rest has been at least somewhat a factor today

But yeah tbh in a binary choice I'd rather CL football over winning LC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

****ing Brendan chasing trophies, the clueless ****. Get him out.

Didn't say we shouldn't chase trophies just that we should do that with a reasonable amount of reserve players included....that way the first team players are fresh for the matches that do matter

Just now, tickler28 said:

Didn't say we shouldn't chase trophies just that we should do that with a reasonable amount of reserve players included....that way the first team players are fresh for the matches that do matter

The league Cup does matter though if you want to win trophies.