Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Transfer Window- Yay or Nay

Transfer Window- stick or revert  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your preferred choice for the transfer window?

• Closes before first game- Open for January- Opens end of season (Current)
    • Always open
    • Closes end of August- Open for January- Opens end of season (previous)

Curious what the general feeling is about the current transfer window set up? I personally like it as it means we dont have to stress about loosing players at any given time but I know a lot of people would prefer an open market. 

Edited by Lambert09

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Transfer and Loan Windows opened in the Summer

Loan Window only open in the Winter

Sorry, I chose a 3rd option

I considered this but clubs would just abuse the system and set up loan with obligations to buy anyway. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I considered this but clubs would just abuse the system and set up loan with obligations to buy anyway. 

Tend to see quite a lot of these towards the end of the January window with Championship clubs

Not sure if it is to do with waiting until the summer to spend the actual money due to FFP

Mis-read it and voted for option 1. Should have voted for option 3.

1 - it ties in with other (European) transfer windows. Premier League tried to be different yet it puts their own clubs in jeopardy considering they can buy players up to a certain time but European clubs can buy our players til end of August lol

2 - Should never be open all throughout. Clubs can end up poaching players at very important times of the season. It would be a very dangerous thing to go back to. I know it was a while ago but it reminds me of Emile Heskey's transfe to Liverpool. Wins the League Cup with us and barely 2 weeks later he's off to Liverpool. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Mis-read it and voted for option 1. Should have voted for option 3.

1 - it ties in with other (European) transfer windows. Premier League tried to be different yet it puts their own clubs in jeopardy considering they can buy players up to a certain time but European clubs can buy our players til end of August lol

2 - Should never be open all throughout. Clubs can end up poaching players at very important times of the season. It would be a very dangerous thing to go back to. I know it was a while ago but it reminds me of Emile Heskey's transfe to Liverpool. Wins the League Cup with us and barely 2 weeks later he's off to Liverpool. 

But how may teams are loosing top players after the window is shut? Its generally disruptive for the majority of the sides below the big 6, imagine if we had started the season and still had Maguire because United had another 4 games to mess around trying to get a better price. We would continue to play him just to keep our end of the negotiation strong, then it just ends in the same outcome. We'd then end up having to throw Soyuncu in lacking match fitness. Not to mention that Maguire would be unlikely to have been trying his best.  

I can understand why a club manager would want to know exactly what he's going to be working with starting the season. 

If any...Ok with Option 3...

But in my naivity,I believe there should be no  clauses in contracts.

The players,not agents should make and open the First indications/requests.

I believe the summer transfer season,should Stay Open until end of September.                                                                                                                                        If a Club at Anytime has a disasterous injury crisis, 5+ expected regulars out for 4+ months,loan Deals should be allowed +  1 transfer..

That also should depends on your squad & fringe players worth. Richer clubs,or those Holding a high % of  high priced fringe/Reserve players,should be told

they have to to use their squads. Only players under 22, can be given Full season loans..

Sending players out on loan,should be allowed all season upto Febuary,But Not within the same league,unless as mentioned above,to a Club with an high injury list...

The current way generally is fine, you do need a spell during the season to make changes if required but no more than a month.

I loathe transfer rumours so having it open for just a month is a good thing, and it helps the clubs focus on the season without players heads being turned after February.