Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

As a raptors fan being on the other side of one of his greatest games (81 points) and watching him kill us so easily year after year he was public enemy number 1.  The man was an absolute legend on the court and will always be remembered as a great. R.I.P.

More tragically, one of his beloved daughters went home with him and thats a tough pill to swallow as a father.  My thoughts are with his family,  friends, fans and also all those who also passed in the tragic accident.  R.I.P.

Honestly a little embarrassed by how much this has hit me. My all time idol. Obviously made even worse by the fact his daughter was with him too. 

I’ve been incredibly fortunate so far in my life to have never lost anyone that close to me and I’ve always found it a bit weird that people get affected by the deaths of celebrities, people they’ve never met...but yeah, this has got to me. 

10 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Honestly a little embarrassed by how much this has hit me. My all time idol. Obviously made even worse by the fact his daughter was with him too. 

I’ve been incredibly fortunate so far in my life to have never lost anyone that close to me and I’ve always found it a bit weird that people get affected by the deaths of celebrities, people they’ve never met...but yeah, this has got to me. 

Dont be. The man was a legend on the court, one of those generational talents we are lucky to see play and whether he was on your team or not we all wished he was our guy. 

Its hits home too because of the nature of the accident and the 'connections' to our club brings  those memories to the forefront.

7 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Shocking. It was only last night that LeBron passed Kobe for 3rd place on the all-time NBA scoring list.

I just saw his name pop up and I thought they were talking about that.

Couldn't believe when I saw about his and his daughter's death.

Not only a superstar but his 13 year old child lost, ****ing awful.  You don’t have to like Kobe Bryant to feel heartbroken.

Can you imagine her mom … from such a fortunate life to something like this.

God, how many of us take the precious breath of life for granted.

11 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Did anyone notice the BBC’s big whoopsie on their news report?. 

I imagine it was one of two things, or they'll claim it was anyway. The clip of James they used was from the report the day before about him passing Bryant's record. They'll say someone searched Bryant on the database and that clip came up, and they didn't notice. That's what they said when the put the wrong clip of Boris Johnson laying the wreath on remembrance day last year. Or they'll say the original report was meant to include a line about James passing his record, but it didn't, so the clip was in with no context.

That's just what they'll say it was though, it's also possible its neither and someone just saw a lakers Jersey and went with the clip. Either way, it was a quickly put together report by someone who had probably never watched a basketball game in their life, I think we can let them off.

6 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Same here, can't really get my head around this at all. 

The likes of Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Duncan, Dirk, AI, TMac etc all superstars when I first started loving basketball. It has weirdly hit me and made me think I need to live life a bit more, you never know what's around the corner. 

Tragic accident and just brings back the memories of the night Vichai died. as Leicester fans we can all relate to how everyone connected and who watched Kobe play must be feeling. my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends and even more tragic is the fact his daughter died as well.

Here lists all nine victims of the incident. 

https://news.sky.com/story/kobe-bryant-death-who-were-the-nine-victims-killed-in-helicopter-crash-11919234

So sad for all of them, another 2 teenagers lost their lives with at least one parent with them at the time, one of the girls had both parents with her, they will be leaving behind two siblings who have lost not only their mother, but their father and sister also. All of it is just so horrible

Been a strange day at work today, always is after a high profile accident like this. 

I work for a Helicopter company based out of Norwich Airport and part of my job is to sit in one of these things on the runway and give a final safety briefing to the offshore workers whilst the crew are getting final ATC clearence, final checks etc. 

I always feel uneasy just sitting in one, the noise they make, the industrial look inside them, lack of true safety features. Chill down the spine all day today. 

We are regularly offered the chance to sit in for a leg of the flight to help collect equipment, visit the rig etc and to this day I've always refused and always will, I'm sure some stats somewhere will say they are extremely safe but to me once shit starts hitting the fan it happens quickly and ends pretty damn horrifically. 

Edited by EastAnglianFox

59 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Been a strange day at work today, always is after a high profile accident like this. 

I work for a Helicopter company based out of Norwich Airport and part of my job is to sit in one of these things on the runway and give a final safety briefing to the offshore workers whilst the crew are getting final ATC clearence, final checks etc. 

I always feel uneasy just sitting in one, the noise they make, the industrial look inside them, lack of true safety features. Chill down the spine all day today. 

We are regularly offered the chance to sit in for a leg of the flight to help collect equipment, visit the rig etc and to this day I've always refused and always will, I'm sure some stats somewhere will say they are extremely safe but to me once shit starts hitting the fan it happens quickly and ends pretty damn horrifically. 

I was talking about the same with a friend last night on how rickety the things can be. 
They can’t be that safe, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anyone making it out safely from hele crash before? I bet faults happen far more than people realise. 
Plus they look difficult enough to fly as it is let alone when you’re battling with a fault, you’ve literally got no chance.

We as a club have already felt the impact on a devastating scale, and now many of us are feeling the same type of emotions from this recent disaster, I for one will not be going in one again and I’m sure many others won’t be either. I know everything in life has a risk but this is a risk you can choose to avoid. 

• Like 1