Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

20 minutes ago, Bert said:

Thank goodness. 

The missus told me about the initial story and I went “nah, that’s bollocks, you get these hoaxes all the time”.

Still can’t believe it. 

My first thought too when hearing about it. Terrible hearing about it and perhaps won't get any better as more news filters out about who was on board and specifically what happened :(.

And not to be too crass but it does of course bring back raw memories of what happened in October 2018.

Not massively into basketball but for some reason you mention Kobe Bryant and I could tell you who he played for, points scored, championships won etc... Its not much I know but says a lot about him when absolute casuals like me can reel off the stats. 

So very sad, just pray the rest of the family are safe and well

Fvck helicopters man.

I'm no big NBA fan but everyone's heard of Kobe Bryant. How tragic and sad.

Reminds me a bit of when golfer Payne Stewart died in a plane cash at a similar age and how it shocked the golf world. 

Horrible. This is horrible.

I got into basketball around 2005/6 and he was a phenomenon. A ridiculous offensive talent, a great man and capable of absolutely anything. 

One of the most memorable things for me was he dropped 81 points on my birthday. So well respected globally, forget basketball. 

A true legend and the game will miss him big time. Two jerseys retired by the Lakers should begin to tell you how ridiculously talented he was. A class above. 

RIP Kobe.

Big Basket ball fan, Massive Lakers fan, the heartbeat of the team from the turn of the century to 3 or 4 years has gone, truly sad.

Lucky to have seen him in action early part of this century during the Lakers 3 Peat, 5 titles, MVP, Finals MVP, Olympics gold medal winner in London, a basketball legend and a sports legend.

Held the NBA torch after Jordan's retirement and Oscar winner too.

RIP 8 & 24.

49 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Apparently he had used them daily, so thousands of times.

Just seems to me there is in an unfounded overconfidence in helicopters.  Will not let my family near one. 

They may crash less than planes, I have no idea, but it seems from what we've seen, if you are involved in a crash in one you'll almost certainly die, which is not the case with planes or other light aircraft. I can't remember hearing about anyone surviving a helicopter crash, wheres theres plenty of survivors of plane crashes, of all size of plane.

There was Vichai obviously, the Cluther bar crash, Steve Hislop the TT driver, Colin McRae. It seems they just turn into fireballs as soon as they crash.

RIP an absolute legend of the game.

Having been up in helicopters twice, once as a passenger on my honeymoon in st Lucia and once as a pilot experience day. I have to say I loved both experiences.

But the fact they can have such tragic consequences does make me now think twice about every getting in 1 again.

Not sure how I feel about them right now. 

Seems.from reports upto 8 others died as well:nono:

15 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

They may crash less than planes, I have no idea, but it seems from what we've seen, if you are involved in a crash in one you'll almost certainly die, which is not the case with planes or other light aircraft. I can't remember hearing about anyone surviving a helicopter crash, wheres theres plenty of survivors of plane crashes, of all size of plane.

There was Vichai obviously, the Cluther bar crash, Steve Hislop the TT driver, Colin McRae. It seems they just turn into fireballs as soon as they crash.

Sad

Edited by Collymore