Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Free tickets for NHS staff

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

@Wymsey do you work for the NHS? said you was at work on a ward the other day in a post. 

Hi,

I do, yes.

But I've got a season ticket - but thanks, for the mention. :thumbup:

I know someone who works with someone with special needs and he says he would "love to" see Leicester play again, but hardly ever has time off away from work and the family commitments. He recently lost his brother.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Hi,

I do, yes.

But I've got a season ticket - but thanks, for the mention. :thumbup:

I know someone who works with someone with special needs and he says he would "love to" see Leicester play again, but hardly ever has time off away from work and the family commitments. He recently lost his brother.

Sounds like an ideal candidate. 👍

• Like 2

The deadline was a while ago but as somebody who knows the NHS inside out (though I'm very back office) there are loads of groups deserving of special mention at the moment.

There are obviously the doctors and nurses within the hospitals, and the paramedics that get them there but there's also community nurses and health visitors that are being pulled into covid-19 wards away from their normal duties.

The procurement and workforce teams are working extremely hard to get equipment and people where they need to be.

Delivery drivers and volunteers are moving equipment around and some of the unsung heroes are the porters and cleaners that are putting themselves at risk.

There's also a lot of redeployment a into support roles across the service for all sorts of things.

And let's not forget that over half a million volunteers have put themselves forward to help with deliveries and contacting isolated people in high risk groups.

Large numbers of people also work for companies that have stopped their normal work and begun manufacturing PPE (which is in woefully short supply) or equipment and fittings for the new hospitals. 

Incredible by everybody really.

Edited by Toddybad
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/04/2020 at 19:19, Toddybad said:

The deadline was a while ago but as somebody who knows the NHS inside out (though I'm very back office) there are loads of groups deserving of special mention at the moment.

There are obviously the doctors and nurses within the hospitals, and the paramedics that get them there but there's also community nurses and health visitors that are being pulled into covid-19 wards away from their normal duties.

The procurement and workforce teams are working extremely hard to get equipment and people where they need to be.

Delivery drivers and volunteers are moving equipment around and some of the unsung heroes are the porters and cleaners that are putting themselves at risk.

There's also a lot of redeployment a into support roles across the service for all sorts of things.

And let's not forget that over half a million volunteers have put themselves forward to help with deliveries and contacting isolated people in high risk groups.

Large numbers of people also work for companies that have stopped their normal work and begun manufacturing PPE (which is in woefully short supply) or equipment and fittings for the new hospitals. 

Incredible by everybody really.

I still have one ticket available if you know somebody who is really deserving