Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Chelsea Post Match

One of the reasons Lampard was able to change it up was that he could bring on Barkley, Kovacic and Azpilicueta at half time, with Loftus Cheek and Pedro coming on later. Their squad depth is ridiculous compared to ours, when things are flat we have no one who can spark us into life and get us playing, we just regress and regress and get dominated even when we’re chasing a lead.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Did i just listen to Jake Humphrey asking if we need to rebuild the squad? They laugh and Savage's answer, but don't ask ridiculous questions if you don't want stupid answers

Had the misfortune of hearing Savage on 606 last night. A fan of ours was on making very valid points about our situation and said, on current form, we may struggle to qualify for Europe. Savage decides to pick up on that, realises 8th is possibly the limit for not reaching Europe and squawks "YOU THINK YER GONNA FINISH 8TH, YER THIRD, YER THIRD!" 

Completely oblivious to a) our form, b) the form of others and c) a tough run-in, plus Savage's usual tendency to think like a mid-table footballer, it was yet another good point completely ignored. We do need rebuilding- beyond our first team, we have three players I think who could step in regularly, the rest aren't up to it anymore. We may well lose one or two key players and the momentum from losing Champions League football could be very damaging. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Had the misfortune of hearing Savage on 606 last night. A fan of ours was on making very valid points about our situation and said, on current form, we may struggle to qualify for Europe. Savage decides to pick up on that, realises 8th is possibly the limit for not reaching Europe and squawks "YOU THINK YER GONNA FINISH 8TH, YER THIRD, YER THIRD!" 

Completely oblivious to a) our form, b) the form of others and c) a tough run-in, plus Savage's usual tendency to think like a mid-table footballer, it was yet another good point completely ignored. We do need rebuilding- beyond our first team, we have three players I think who could step in regularly, the rest aren't up to it anymore. We may well lose one or two key players and the momentum from losing Champions League football could be very damaging. 

Can't stand Savage as a pundit, little to no thought through responses other than raising his voice and repeating the same crap continuously. Always sounds like he's reading off an autocue when not ranting.

I agree with what you're saying and we do need more quality on the bench and in and around the squad.  Praet, Hamza, Mendy, Fuchs with maybe Nacho and Albrighton at a push. We need better

quality in a few positions to support us.

I just wouldn't refer to it as a 'rebuild'

18 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Why sub out our best outfield player in Praet so early?

I think BR said it’s because he’s coming back from injury but if he could only handle 55 mins max then maybe he shouldn’t’ve started the game? Also neither Praet or Perez looked happy about being hooked.

15 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Agree with your view, but I do not think we have 3 special players, we have a squad of good players not one is exceptional a game changer. The hope of a champions league spot is very distant and will probably disappear after the next three games

I think Ricardo is special and bordering on a world class right back - I genuinely think he is good enough to play for the absolute elites. Ndidi is also extremely good at his job, and Vardy is also deadly when on song. You are right though about the lack of game changers - with Maddison and Tielemans it isn't what they're doing that bugs me, it's what they aren't doing. Want to be considered in that top bracket? You've got to win a game every now and then. People on here will scoff at the idea that Barkley is better than Maddison (for what it's worth I wouldn't swap the two) but when did Maddison last win us a game like Barkley won it for Chelsea yesterday?

I think a lot of our players are a bit over-rated as a collective.

18 hours ago, theessexfox said:

One of the reasons Lampard was able to change it up was that he could bring on Barkley, Kovacic and Azpilicueta at half time, with Loftus Cheek and Pedro coming on later. Their squad depth is ridiculous compared to ours, when things are flat we have no one who can spark us into life and get us playing, we just regress and regress and get dominated even when we’re chasing a lead.

The reason he could do that is because he was playing young shit like Gilmour and shit like emerson. Even then it was a question of bringing on Dad's army, it would have been like us bringing on Morgan and Fuchs.

On 28/06/2020 at 21:15, sacreblueits442 said:

..need a leader in the middle of the park!!!

Tielemanns or Maddison are far too light weight for this role. I have always advocated for a Right Winger to be our next purchase as a matter of urgency but I now believe we need someone who can command the respect of our squad and lead by example.

Carvallho is a good example of someone who can take the game by the scruff big its neck with his physicality and assured passing. He dominates the midfield and brings the team together as he sets the tempo.

Our players have no-one to look too in times of crisis on the pitch, someone they believe in.

Oooh Tommy Robinson , Oooh Tommy Robinson

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FIF said:

The reason he could do that is because he was playing young shit like Gilmour and shit like emerson. Even then it was a question of bringing on Dad's army, it would have been like us bringing on Morgan and Fuchs.

Sometimes you read things that just make you shake your head in disbelief.

Gilmour didn’t play well, that’s beyond doubt but to call him shit is just pathetic. As for Emerson again he wasn’t playing well but it will be interesting to see the value Chelsea will extracted from the market if, as expected, he is sold in the summer.

As for bringing Dads Army on. Berkeley & Kovacic 26, Loftus Cheek, Loftus Cheek 24. I will grant you that Pedro & Azipicuetta are  over 30 but both are younger than Vardy!