Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Chelsea Post Match

2 hours ago, Nod.E said:

I don't know enough about attacking coaching to know what we need to do differently. But watching this Southampton team tear Watford to shreds every time they go forward looks so easy and really highlights how poor we are on the front foot.

..It is quite amazing that a large section of FT believes the defeats by Man. City and Liverpool set us back!!!

Just take a look at Southampton and how they have reacted to what was an utter humiliation and how they have bounced back.

The 2 defeats are not our problem, teams recover from situations such as that. We have become predictable and teams do.not have to stretch themselves in order to compete against us.

I think it is time the players take themselves into the dressing room, no managers or coaches and talk out what it is that has led to this malaise. They have done it before under Pearson and taken charge under Ranieri and it is a process that needs to be revisited.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, berniethebolt said:

For me the back line is so solid althougj clear as good as Justin is and will be he still has a long way to go. 

I was pleased woth Nididi today, some return for form for me and Praet was his usual steady self for me.

Front line however looks devoid of ideas. I can not see where the next goal is coming from if its not the defenderd from set plays. 

Vardy knows hes in a rut, his frustrations with himself are clear to see. Barnes and Perez have a goal every 4 or 5 games which is not enough. 

I get your points. But tbh I didn't mind Vardy showing a bit of ring rust. He's come back and has hardly had a touch of the ball. 

Barnes should have started the first game at Watford though. He ended the first part of the season in cracking form...he would have been up to speed by now. 

I think Ndidi looks pretty slow still but showed glimpses of his high standards. 

We lack tempo and rhythm.. don’t know if it’s the lack of atmosphere without the crowd, or a lack of confidence but our build up play is pedestrian.. we don’t break quickly with Cags, Evans and schmeichel fannying it about side to side.. can’t remember the last time we turned the ball over and broke quickly. The impact of this is it lets teams set up against us.. being so 1 dimensional it’s easy to nullify Vardy.. Barnes and Perez seems to have no confidence and are rarely 1 on 1.. 

we need a bit of luck.. a fluke goal or a dodgy red card against us to give the team a lift.. Rodgers doesn’t seem to be able to motivate the team right now or seem to make any decent subs.. I know we’ve got a small squad but not putting Nacho on was criminal with 20 mins to go in a quarter final.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

How many times over the years have we struggled horribly against the Watford's and Brightons of this world but torn apart the Chelsea's and Man Uniteds. We always had a habit of only turning up for the big games. It appears we have lost that aswell now. Any team will fancy a result against us now and that is a massive problem.

Tbh I can't remember us ever tearing apart Man U or Chelsea. 

We might have beaten them but, I can't recall us giving them a proper going over. 

In the survival season the Utd 5-3 was a weird game(although very enjoyable) and the title season, the Chelsea game, we were hanging on a bit for the 2-1

That defeat was coming after the last two performances. There’s a clear lack of leadership, any real bite on the pitch and we’re simply lacking a clinical belief in the final third that can win any game in the top division. 

Brendan must see this surely and stop offering platitudes and faint praise to his underperforming team. I hope he isn’t saying the same stuff in the dressing room. 

58 minutes ago, hejammy said:

No point in arguing with easilee. Say anything he doesn't like and you're talking 'shyte', must be a long lost distant cousin of Vards. Can't be saying anything bad of our players otherwise chat 'shyte' get quoted! 

Vardy was poor today and has been for a while and even he would admit that. Still love the guy but it is what it is 

Hey dude. What's with the personal slur lol ?

I can only put it down to myself talking sense...I barely comment these days.

I wish Vardy had the chance to display his poor game but he barely touched or was given the ball today.

Edited by easilee

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

This is absolutely woeful and with games coming thick and fast we're ****ed. I reckon we might finish as low as 7th.

Yes, that's my view. Chelsea, Wolves and Man U will definitely pass us and I think Tottenham might too. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

Honestly don’t think we’ll win a game in the next few games. Terrible this is why we needed buy in January. Also this 5 subs is playing in to the big boys hands keep it at 3 and barkley isn’t even on the pitch to score. Can’t wait for the season to be over it’s embarrassing 2nd half of the season we’d be 16th in the table.

Edited by dannythefox

Said it about Albrighton last week and now saying it again about Vardy that work rate only gets you so far. If they don't have any quality on the ball when in possession then Rodgers should be dragging them off. I had seen enough of Vardy after 55 minutes to know that he wouldn't of scored even if he had played for 4 hours today. 

34 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

I really hope that behind closed doors some one picks up Chilwell on that laughing and smiling after the game. Fine do it on the WhatsApp group but when fans are at home watching that performance to see you laughing with your new teammates is a bit galling

I think Chilly is ready to **** us off in all honesty. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stoopid said:

Struck by the difference between Brendan and Frank Lampard in the post-match interviews I heard. 

Brendan spoke in platitudes basically,  refusing to acknowledge the problems, while Lampard was honest, engaged and insightful. 

Same with the subs - theirs were drastic, necessary and effective.  Ours were reactive ineffective and slightly odd. 

This season promised so much but looks like it's going to end in severe disappoiment. 

Rapidly losing faith in this bloke...

Subs made a difference BUT no way he does all 3 at half time if he doesn’t have 5 at his disposal! Big team bid favoured because of bench strength again. Everything favours the big clubs, var the lot

10 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Said it about Albrighton last week and now saying it again about Vardy that work rate only gets you so far. If they don't have any quality on the ball when in possession then Rodgers should be dragging them off. I had seen enough of Vardy after 55 minutes to know that he wouldn't of scored even if he had played for 4 hours today. 

What do you expect if no-one is playing through to him ?

Vardy has a specific job which requires team mates to involve him in a certain way...if they don't do it, what should he do ?

Run around the full pitch demanding they pass it to him and make a 70 yard run to finish with a goal ?

Edited by easilee

1 hour ago, Stoopid said:

Struck by the difference between Brendan and Frank Lampard in the post-match interviews I heard. 

Brendan spoke in platitudes basically,  refusing to acknowledge the problems, while Lampard was honest, engaged and insightful. 

Same with the subs - theirs were drastic, necessary and effective.  Ours were reactive ineffective and slightly odd. 

This season promised so much but looks like it's going to end in severe disappoiment. 

Rapidly losing faith in this bloke...

How can you imply Chelsea's substitutions were not reactive? They hooked off 2/3 of their midfield at half time because they were diabolical.

Their depth showed. They could bring on players like Barkley, Willian, Azpilicueta, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, and still have Jorginho and Giroud on the bench. Whereas we have Demarai Gray, Albrighton, Choudhury and Iheanacho to come of the bench.

We are nowhere near their level. The only sub he could have made that made sense to be would have been for Kelechi to come on, but let's not pretend that any subs made for us would leave a better team on the pitch than that which started the game.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2