Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Chelsea Post Match

42 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Oh Brendan please dont do this. Nothing worse than a manager in denial.

I want to hear "We were bad, we all know we were bad and we will do everything to rectify it. We need to be quicker, slicker and more clinical. We will work our socks off to keep the top 4 but we cant carry on like this."

Coming out and saying it was a good performance. **** off.

Oh yeah, it's just like the Rob Kelly days isn't it. 

We will get back on the training pitch and redouble our efforts, etc. etc. 

I thought the subs were a bit odd. Praet and perez both looked good. Maybe a fitness thing as both were reported as carrying knocks for the first two games. When they went off we lost impetus ando YT disappeared without praet.

Albrighton did OK but it shows our lack of depth. Lampard could see that we were overrunning them and changed it but we did not have the options.

I know Vardy is one of the best strikers around but if he is having an off day then he is not untouchable. Kelechi should have come on, if not for Vardy, then sacrifice a defender. It was a cup tie, we were losing with why not throw caution to the wind

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

Oh yeah, it's just like the Rob Kelly days isn't it. 

We will get back on the training pitch and redouble our efforts, etc. etc. 

Anything is better than saying he is really pleased with the performance. Anything. It worries me because it says that nothing will change. Atleast an acknowledgment of how shit we are gives hope.

Played well first half without getting a break against a poor Chelsea side. Can just imagine the half time team talks. Lampard firing into them and bringing three players on while we just thought things would be more of the same. And then we react by substituting the same players as usual. Once Praet and Perez went off we never stood a cance.

53 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers to BBC Sport: "I thought the performance was very good, much more like us in terms of tempo and speed and pressing.

"We know we can score goals, but in these first three games since the restart we haven't been as clinical at the top end. I was so pleased for the boys in terms of the performance.

"We just haven't been able to take those opportunities. We switch off for one second and they get the goal. I feel for the players because I think they deserved more than that.

On James Maddison's injury: "We'll look at that - he'll be a doubt (for Everton on Wednesday). If he's not fit for midweek he'll be fit for the weekend."

Tactically inferior to Frank “totally out of his depth” Lampard - says it all 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I think the players are more to blame than Rodgers. I don’t think they’re doing what he wants. It’s almost like they go into the pitch and just fall to pieces. 

Lampard out-managed Brendan today. We failed to convert in the first half with our first teamers vs their reserves. Lampard came out with the triple change at halftime and Rodgers failed to react. Then reacted with 2 defensive minded players right before we went behind. Gray change brought energy especially considering how Harvey lost the ability to control the ball. Then there was the change that never happened to bring our striker on the bench on. He managed the game to lose. There were no proactive measures taken to win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Anything is better than saying he is really pleased with the performance. Anything. It worries me because it says that nothing will change. Atleast an acknowledgment of how shit we are gives hope.

But the performance WAS an improvement. 

True we were starting from a low bar, but it Was an improvement. Surely you see this. 

Do you genuinely think these players are strong enough for a public roasting, honestly? 

Do you not think that is more important than pandering to the kind of knee jerk fans who think we should be sacking our manager due to falling off the pace after a global pandemic? 

30 minutes ago, easilee said:

He out-Kanté'd kanté today though lol!

No he didn’t. Constantly lost the ball. When do you ever see Kante lose possession?? Wilf is a good defensive midfielder but is so limited in possession. 

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

But the performance WAS an improvement. 

True we were starting from a low bar, but it Was an improvement. Surely you see this. 

Do you genuinely think these players are strong enough for a public roasting, honestly? 

Do you not think that is more important than pandering to the kind of knee jerk fans who think we should be sacking our manager due to falling off the pace after a global pandemic? 

Was it an improvement? I saw the very few chances we had wasted and a really static attack. I saw dodgey substitutions and a defender that thinks it's ok to laugh it off. Our form was declining long before covid. 

32 minutes ago, easilee said:

Vardy rarely 'plays'.

He's there to hang off the shoulder and go for the cutting passes.

Besides, when Vardy does have to 'play' he's normally surprisingly good.

All I'm saying is, the last 3 matches I'v seen Vardy looking for the chances by pointing to where he wants the ball and NO-ONE has put it there.

2016 team would've slotted it in as SOON as they saw him pointing and a goal was more than likely on the cards.

This team,......nothing. They don't even SEE him pointing.

Our team is doing an England on him.

I do agree with the lack of service but I’d be amazed if Vardy was happy with his own performance today. Hopefully the team will get their mojo back, give him better service and the goals will restart. We’ve never replaced Mahrez and it’s when things start going wrong that you need a player like him to create the opportunities for Vardy.

9 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Struck by the difference between Brendan and Frank Lampard in the post-match interviews I heard. 

Brendan spoke in platitudes basically,  refusing to acknowledge the problems, while Lampard was honest, engaged and insightful. 

Same with the subs - theirs were drastic, necessary and effective.  Ours were reactive ineffective and slightly odd. 

This season promised so much but looks like it's going to end in severe disappoiment. 

Rapidly losing faith in this bloke...

It's easy to completely change a performance when you have a squad as deep as Chelsea's. This stupid 5 sub rule blatantly favours the big clubs. They can now change half a team with players of the same quality to refresh their team and overrun tired legs in the opposition. 

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Was it an improvement? I saw the very few chances we had wasted and a really static attack. I saw dodgey substitutions and a defender that thinks it's ok to laugh it off. Our form was declining long before covid. 

That explains it, say no more! 

You're having a hissy fit because Chilwell had a laugh with his future team mates.

Have a sleep and come back when your perspective has been reset. 

I do genuinely think as much as our fans can get on the players backs in the King Power sometimes, not having them there is doing is no favours at all. Sometimes the kick up the arse they need in the 60th minute when nothing is happening comes from the stands. The constant wasteful passes that now go unchallenged from the crowd. Sometimes it is counter productive but in our case I think they need it.

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

That explains it, say no more! 

You're having a hissy fit because Chilwell had a laugh with his future team mates.

Have a sleep and come back when your perspective has been reset. 

Really mature response. You stick your head in the sand and pretend everything is rosie. Deluded my son.

• Like 1

Quite simply we have over achieved this season and today was our level. First half was good could have scored a few but don't take your chances and the game turns. 

We are probably the 6th best team in the league on a good day. If we slip from CL position this highlights that our squad is not a top four one and I think we all know this. 

Shame we lost today but must win against Everton to keep the dream Alive.

The only way I’m not fuming is that qualification saw us playing at an empty Wembley and winning a trophy to minimal joy. 

The league frustrates me more because as a set of fans that has a knock on to us all hopefully when we are back in the stadiums. The platitudes of the letter and messages before the re-start have been simply that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Doesn't give a shit because he's talking to an England team mate who clearly made a joke?

Did you want him to punch Barkley in the face?

No but there is a middle ground. He should be angry we lost, just like Kasper was. He's not because he knows he's off in the summer.

47 minutes ago, easilee said:

Vardy rarely 'plays'.

He's there to hang off the shoulder and go for the cutting passes.

Besides, when Vardy does have to 'play' he's normally surprisingly good.

All I'm saying is, the last 3 matches I'v seen Vardy looking for the chances by pointing to where he wants the ball and NO-ONE has put it there.

2016 team would've slotted it in as SOON as they saw him pointing and a goal was more than likely on the cards.

This team,......nothing. They don't even SEE him pointing.

Our team is doing an England on him.

7 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I do agree with the lack of service but I’d be amazed if Vardy was happy with his own performance today. Hopefully the team will get their mojo back, give him better service and the goals will restart. We’ve never replaced Mahrez and it’s when things start going wrong that you need a player like him to create the opportunities for Vardy.

No point in arguing with easilee. Say anything he doesn't like and you're talking 'shyte', must be a long lost distant cousin of Vards. Can't be saying anything bad of our players otherwise chat 'shyte' get quoted! 

Vardy was poor today and has been for a while and even he would admit that. Still love the guy but it is what it is 

• Like 1