Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Chelsea Post Match

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He needs to have the bollocks to call them out then

Correct . He has enough capital with the owners that he can make any changes he wants . If he just wants a cosy old boys club with all the comfy old faces he has only himself to blame if they aren’t playing for him 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I dont think it should or would happen, but it would be interesting to see our change in attitude if Pearson was in charge for the rest of the season. A man that takes no shit and commands respect. I imagine quite fiery in the dressing room as well. 

• Like 3

Nothing wrong with the initial line up and  if it wasn't for nervy touches in the first half we would surely have taken a lead into the second half.

But after FL made his changes it all went to rat sh#t, Rodgers reacts to Chelsea's dominance and makes us worse imo.

It all smacks of a lack of confidence in the players and the Manager.

We desperately need our mojo back and fcuking quick if we stand any chance of a top four finish.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This. 

If he needs to dish out a rollicking to get over the message they're in danger of blowing a CL place then he should. 

You can't be stroking their hair all the time.

• Like 2

Just now, Stevosevic said:

This. 

If he needs to dish out a rollicking to get over the message they're in danger of blowing a CL place then he should. 

You can't be stroking their hair all the time.

This week is make or break now. We need a minimum 4 points and some pride and fire back inside us. If he has to upset a few then fcukin do it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

Quite simply we have over achieved this season and today was our level. First half was good could have scored a few but don't take your chances and the game turns. 

We are probably the 6th best team in the league on a good day. If we slip from CL position this highlights that our squad is not a top four one and I think we all know this. 

Shame we lost today but must win against Everton to keep the dream Alive.

So we were just lucky when we were winning then? Such a flawed way of looking at it.

If we'd have kept up that form we'd have been every bit worth our position in 2nd or 3rd. But we haven't, and that's why it's disappointing. 

14 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Easy to say Lampard out managed Rodgers but it's easier to do if you can bring on the 5 players they did. Especially 3 at half time, its going to sound a bit bitter but I think the 5 subs rule has been unnecessary. 

I really don’t know how they got away with it, this new rule clearly favours the richer teams with stronger squads.

Have any other Countries brought in this rule change? Is there a precedent where rules have changed during a season?

Just now, Spiritwalker said:

I really don’t know how they got away with it, this new rule clearly favours the richer teams with stronger squads.

Have any other Countries brought in this rule change? Is there a precedent where rules have changed during a season?

Yeah across the board. Is it any surprise that across the major leagues none of the upstarts pressing for CL spots are likely to get them now? (Atalanta managing thanks to Roma’s incompetence)

Completely skewed in their favour - when you have games every four days, whose gonna succeed? 

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

So we were just lucky when we were winning then? Such a flawed way of looking at it.

If we'd have kept up that form we'd have been every bit worth our position in 2nd or 3rd. But we haven't, and that's why it's disappointing. 

Abit was luck and the rest our players over performing and brilliantly too I may add. Yes it's frustrating now and we need Rodgers to address this else what a waste this season will be if we let it slip. 

Really hope we  can get a win next match but it worries me when players like vardy have been non exsistant since we started playing again.

If you don't take your chances or capitalise when you're on top, then you get punished. 

Chelsea have played in some incredibly intimidating stadiums, over the last few years, and got a result. 

We haven't got that ruthless side to us when we're on top in games. 

That's what makes the difference, unfortunately 

There are weaknesses in this team that we all know about, notably the Championship-level quality of all four wingers.

But the biggest weakness of all is the lack of passion/guts/bottle/balls, call it what you will.

And that’s what worries me most about the next few weeks. 

6 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Not the first time Peter has come out with sh*te like this. 

It's probably more a frustration that his son isn't recognised as one of the league's best rather than actually wanting him to move away from Leicester.

When you look at the likes of Dea Gea, Ederson and Lloris making mistakes most weeks, you can understand the frustration.

Edited by Nod.E

6 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

If you don't take your chances or capitalise when you're on top, then you get punished. 

Chelsea have played in some incredibly intimidating stadiums, over the last few years, and got a result. 

We haven't got that ruthless side to us when we're on top in games. 

That's what makes the difference, unfortunately 

How many times over the years have we struggled horribly against the Watford's and Brightons of this world but torn apart the Chelsea's and Man Uniteds. We always had a habit of only turning up for the big games. It appears we have lost that aswell now. Any team will fancy a result against us now and that is a massive problem.

The reason Schmeichel hasn't been able to achieve higher than Leicester has been shown this season, he was woeful against Chelsea in the league, Having said that hes played well in the three games since restart, an is probably looking for a reaction from his teammates, i'm sure he's said similar privately, so I have no problems with it. If it was his dad, let him in the changing rooms for 5 mins, a rollicking is needed. 

Edited by Beachyboy

For me the back line is so solid althougj clear as good as Justin is and will be he still has a long way to go. 

I was pleased woth Nididi today, some return for form for me and Praet was his usual steady self for me.

Front line however looks devoid of ideas. I can not see where the next goal is coming from if its not the defenderd from set plays. 

Vardy knows hes in a rut, his frustrations with himself are clear to see. Barnes and Perez have a goal every 4 or 5 games which is not enough. 

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think he touches upon it from time to time. When he says certain thing don’t go the way he wants them to. It’s hard to pin point what the main issue is, but lack on intensity is one. We’ve fallen off a cliff, I think the rot is too set deep this season, the losing mentality looks like it’s set in, and it’s a horribly dangerous place to be! 

It is just hard to think a manager of Rodgers stature is getting things so wrong repeatedly. I mean our depth is hopeless, so there’s little he can do, the fringe players are wank bar Praet and occasionally Albrighton. Perhaps we’re just completely inflexible, we are a bit miss match sometimes in my opinion and perhaps we were just playing with a lot of bollocks early on in the season, but the spunk has all but dried up, and now we’re just flaccid, lifeless and underwhelming. 

• Like 1

I really hope that behind closed doors some one picks up Chilwell on that laughing and smiling after the game. Fine do it on the WhatsApp group but when fans are at home watching that performance to see you laughing with your new teammates is a bit galling

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Struck by the difference between Brendan and Frank Lampard in the post-match interviews I heard. 

Brendan spoke in platitudes basically,  refusing to acknowledge the problems, while Lampard was honest, engaged and insightful. 

Same with the subs - theirs were drastic, necessary and effective.  Ours were reactive ineffective and slightly odd. 

This season promised so much but looks like it's going to end in severe disappoiment. 

Rapidly losing faith in this bloke...

People call him Deluded Brendan for a reason, now we’re starting to see why.